autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cordless blower

Post Thanks / Like

Cordless blower

Greetings once again!

I am thinking of getting a Ryobi cordless leaf blower and using it to help dry my car after washing. Granted, reviewers state that the battery does not last very long, but I'll only be using it to blow excess water out of various nooks and crannies.

One+ 18 Volt 120 mph Cordless Blower without Battery and Charger-P2105 at The Home Depot

What do you guys think?

It never fails. Whenever anything hits the windshield, it's always on the driver's side....and at eye level!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cordless blower

I've never had luck out of a cordless blower. And replacement batteries are crazy $$$. I keep a 7 amp Craftsman blower and 40' cord inside the garage just for car/truck drying.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

First thing I think is "how much is the battery and charger gonna cost on top of the $40"?

I bought a small wall hanging shop vac for $30 from Lowes to dry off vehicles here at home, and use it on the road for vacuuming and drying. I think its a much better solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shakabruddah808 View Post
    Greetings once again!

I am thinking of getting a Ryobi cordless leaf blower and using it to help dry my car after washing. Granted, reviewers state that the battery does not last very long, but I'll only be using it to blow excess water out of various nooks and crannies.

One+ 18 Volt 120 mph Cordless Blower without Battery and Charger-P2105 at The Home Depot

What do you guys think?

Get the Makita cordless blower..you better be sitting down when you look at the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    I've never had luck out of a cordless blower. And replacement batteries are crazy $$$. I keep a 7 amp Craftsman blower and 40' cord inside the garage just for car/truck drying.
    Unfortunately I live in a condo that does not allow any washing or waxing, so I have to do all detailing off property. And even if they did allow detailing, there's no exterior power outlets or hose access.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    First thing I think is "how much is the battery and charger gonna cost on top of the $40"?

I bought a small wall hanging shop vac for $30 from Lowes to dry off vehicles here at home, and use it on the road for vacuuming and drying. I think its a much better solution.
    I already own two almost-new ni-cad batteries and they were about $40 for the pair and have a great 2-year warranty. I already have the charger so no big deal there. Got the original batteries and charger as part of a combo drill/driver and flashlight.

The missus is thinking of selling our condo and getting a house. Can you imagine the hog heaven I'd be in because we'll have covered parking, electrical outlets and water hoses??? Oh my goodness gracious me!

That Lowe's Shop Vac you just mentioned. Corded or cordless?
    It never fails. Whenever anything hits the windshield, it's always on the driver's side....and at eye level!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Get the Makita cordless blower..you better be sitting down when you look at the price.
    Wassup, Ron! Yes, pretty much all Makita products are expensive. Wish I had the budget for something really high quality, instead of always having to settle for something more affordable. 'Sides, the missus is gonna bust a gut when she sees what I REALLY want to purchase. (She's the CFO) She controls the money. I jump when she snaps her fingers. LOL

*Sigh* So many detailing products, so little money.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a Toro "Super Blower" (corded) for over 15 years and its still going strong. I think it was less than $100 back when I bought it, so feel like I definitely have gotten my money's worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Get one from Sears, then when you and the Mrs. get a house, it will serve for more than drying your car and you'll both be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    Get one from Sears, then when you and the Mrs. get a house, it will serve for more than drying your car and you'll both be happy.
    I was thinking of that, but I like the fact that my present batteries will work in any Ryobi 18 volt cordless tool.

Thanks for the advice, though!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the cordless blower I use:

Amazon.com: Black & Decker NS118 18-Volt Cordless Electric Broom Hard Surface Sweeper: Patio, Lawn & Garden

It works just fine. The replacement batteries are $35 but you can find similar ones that will fit at Harbor Freight. You must modify the connection to fit the B&D tool and charger but there are lots of youtube videos to show you how. I've done it, it is an easy modification and they work well. The Harbor Freight battery is just fifteen bucks and even less with their coupons:

18 Volt Drill Battery - Drillmaster Drill Batteries at Harbor Freight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast