autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

cool idea but not with APC like suggested on there description and YouTube channel. Maybe window cleaner or lsp would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Most regretted detailing product purchase

Megs Citrus Power Cleaner Plus.

After trying it @10:1 the same way I use Megs D101 it simply isn’t up to par and seems as if they intended this product to appease the snowflake, aka Gen Z detailer, the guy who wears nitrile gloves to wash his car and a full body condom in a wheel cleaning video, aka the guy who says “Roo Pez” for the sole purpose of not getting canceled.

It feels like a “safer” version of D101, yet along with being “safe” forgets to be as effective at cleaning. I’ll stick with D101.

Here’s the rest of the wall of shame.

-McKee’s Graphene Deep Gloss Ceramic Sealant. I had high hopes for this product. It turned out to be a dud. I can’t believe I paid almost $60. Ouch.

-Carpro Clarify. Quite possibly the worst automotive glass cleaner I’ve ever tried.

-303 Metal Polish. This might be the worst metal polish I’ve ever bought. It just plain isn’t very good at anything. Don’t ask me how I wound up with 2 bottles of it.Most regretted detailing product purchase

-Wolfgang Concours Metal Sealant. I really wanted to like this product, but it just doesn’t seem to be worth the time it takes to use it, especially when there’s many other products that can do what it does and be applied much faster. I never noticed a difference with it.

-Dr Beasleys Glass IQ. That’s a pretty funny name they decided to give this product, considering only a fool would actually believe the hype on the label of this product.
    “Beads off water”
    “Resists dirt & smudges”
    “High gloss finish”
    They’re all lies.Most regretted detailing product purchaseMost regretted detailing product purchase

-Honorable mention: Optimum Car Wash. It felt like I was washing with almost plain water with this soap. Underwhelming cleaning power, lubricity, and suds. I finally gave it away last week to my neighbor who needed a proper car shampoo after I applied Cancoat to his vehicle.Most regretted detailing product purchase

I almost forgot… This damn drill brush.

It took less than 30 seconds to be blown away at how horrible the user experience is. Not to mention I can do a much better job at scrubbing by hand. It’s amazing how lazy this drill brush approach actually feels while in reality being more work due to the awkward position you have to maintain in order to hold it straight while trying to apply enough pressure to actually scrub anything properly.

I had very high expectations for this 1, and it turned out to be more work, time, and effort than simply scrubbing by hand. The so called influencers should be ashamed of themselves for recommending these drill brushes. Lol. They’re terrible.

3. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i take really good care of my MFs

they get washed only with Rags to Riches, air dry only, no heat

at first I really loved my red trimmed chinchilla MFs from Cobra

i have other MFs that are mint and have been used many times but these just don't seem to be holding up, they aren't damaging the clear coat, but they are coming apart and leaving lots of lint, this was particularly problematic when using to buff out a QD....left little MF hairs all over the surface...another spritz of QD and a different MF and it all buffed out perfectly

trying to eliminate other possibilities, but at this point, the only variable is these MFs...and when i first got them, I bought a bunch, I liked them so much

Most regretted detailing product purchase-chin-jpg

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    -Honorable mention: Optimum Car Wash. It felt like I was washing with almost plain water with this soap. Underwhelming cleaning power, lubricity, and suds.
    That's odd, I have an older version (translucent bottle), I wonder if they changed it? Mine is thick and sudsy, I mean like really sudsy, like they are still there in the bucket the next day sudsy.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most recently Oberk APS(All Purpose Soap).

Low/No suds. Suds that do appear are gone 4 seconds later. Doesn't feel any slicker than just plain water. Cleaning power seemed lackluster. A failure in my quest to lean out my detailing arsenal. I guess I'll still use separate soaps for the paintwork and wheels. Been enjoying the downsizing of the last year or so. No more one-trick ponies for me if I can do anything about it.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever product the Queen finds for 25 cents at a garage sale
    IF IT DOESN'T SHINE, IT ISN'T MINE

10. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's odd, I have an older version (translucent bottle), I wonder if they changed it? Mine is thick and sudsy, I mean like really sudsy, like they are still there in the bucket the next day sudsy.
    That's my experience too. Long after I put all my equipment away I'd still have little tufts of suds hanging around my driveway and lawn. Lubricity was pretty good too; a bit better than Hyperwash.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    That's my experience too. Long after I put all my equipment away I'd still have little tufts of suds hanging around my driveway and lawn. Lubricity was pretty good too; a bit better than Hyperwash.
    I quite like it as well. It seems to foam a little more fluid, but it does dwell nicely though. Oh, and for those that don't know, the scent is the same used in DIY Incredible Suds.

14. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Megs Citrus Power Cleaner Plus.

After trying it @10:1 the same way I use Megs D101 it simply isn’t up to par and seems as if they intended this product to appease the snowflake, aka Gen Z detailer, the guy who wears nitrile gloves to wash his car and a full body condom in a wheel cleaning video, aka the guy who says “Roo Pez” for the sole purpose of not getting canceled.

It feels like a “safer” version of D101, yet along with being “safe” forgets to be as effective at cleaning. I’ll stick with D101.

Here’s the rest of the wall of shame.

-McKee’s Graphene Deep Gloss Ceramic Sealant. I had high hopes for this product. It turned out to be a dud. I can’t believe I paid almost $60. Ouch.

-Carpro Clarify. Quite possibly the worst automotive glass cleaner I’ve ever tried.

-303 Metal Polish. This might be the worst metal polish I’ve ever bought. It just plain isn’t very good at anything. Don’t ask me how I wound up with 2 bottles of it.Most regretted detailing product purchase

-Wolfgang Concours Metal Sealant. I really wanted to like this product, but it just doesn’t seem to be worth the time it takes to use it, especially when there’s many other products that can do what it does and be applied much faster. I never noticed a difference with it.

-Dr Beasleys Glass IQ. That’s a pretty funny name they decided to give this product, considering only a fool would actually believe the hype on the label of this product.
    “Beads off water”
    “Resists dirt & smudges”
    “High gloss finish”
    They’re all lies.Most regretted detailing product purchaseMost regretted detailing product purchase

-Honorable mention: Optimum Car Wash. It felt like I was washing with almost plain water with this soap. Underwhelming cleaning power, lubricity, and suds. I finally gave it away last week to my neighbor who needed a proper car shampoo after I applied Cancoat to his vehicle.Most regretted detailing product purchase

I almost forgot… This damn drill brush.

It took less than 30 seconds to be blown away at how horrible the user experience is. Not to mention I can do a much better job at scrubbing by hand. It’s amazing how lazy this drill brush approach actually feels while in reality being more work due to the awkward position you have to maintain in order to hold it straight while trying to apply enough pressure to actually scrub anything properly.

I had very high expectations for this 1, and it turned out to be more work, time, and effort than simply scrubbing by hand. The so called influencers should be ashamed of themselves for recommending these drill brushes. Lol. They’re terrible.
    I wonder if th OCW didn’t gel well with your water. Gets great reviews and worked well. Worked for me but dilution was weak. You need 2-3oz per 5 gallons.

Makes it almost as expensive as reset.

I don’t hate Clarify it’s worked for me but not at 3 times the cost of stoners I’ll stick with that.

You should give that brush a shot at tires.

I get as much cleaning with one pass than I do than 2 or 3 with hand brush. Only use when deep cleaning needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    i take really good care of my MFs

they get washed only with Rags to Riches, air dry only, no heat

at first I really loved my red trimmed chinchilla MFs from Cobra

i have other MFs that are mint and have been used many times but these just don't seem to be holding up, they aren't damaging the clear coat, but they are coming apart and leaving lots of lint, this was particularly problematic when using to buff out a QD....left little MF hairs all over the surface...another spritz of QD and a different MF and it all buffed out perfectly

trying to eliminate other possibilities, but at this point, the only variable is these MFs...and when i first got them, I bought a bunch, I liked them so much

Most regretted detailing product purchase-chin-jpg
    Try drying them in low for 10 min and then line dry. Dryer won’t get hot enough to affect and I find my MF stay fluffier. Especially long nap like TRC EE500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanks Lance Mark thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687 LastLast