autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I checked about 6 of mine and they all had the T/diamond. I can't say I've ever had one of them crack on me. They're not the best spray bottles out there and I don't plan on buying more but they haven't been garbage for me.

I have been using one for RW presoak but that'll probably get replaced by the large Griot's sprayer for more volume.
    I am sure they used genuine Tolco sprayers before the crisis and possibly are using them again since things are a bit more normal

But when I bought mine they were showing Tolco sprayers and quite obviously shipping cheap knock offs

I would have been happier in the long run to see "OUT OF STOCK" on the ordering page rather than have to play shenanigans

I guess I am making a mountain out of a mole hill but this has been about par for the course with CG for me and it's why I choose to look elsewhere

Done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I am sure they used genuine Tolco sprayers before the crisis and possibly are using them again since things are a bit more normal

But when I bought mine they were showing Tolco sprayers and quite obviously shipping cheap knock offs

I would have been happier in the long run to see "OUT OF STOCK" on the ordering page rather than have to play shenanigans

I guess I am making a mountain out of a mole hill but this has been about par for the course with CG for me and it's why I choose to look elsewhere

Done
    Yeah, that's definitely annoying. I don't doubt that they were crap. I have also seen reviews with photos of cracked bottles. If you need a fine mist, kwaazar mercury's put out a fine mist but they're pricey. I was actually using that for RW presoak but they didn't put out enough volume.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    The Uro-Tecs are my favorite pads too. I really like the dark blue pad for a more aggressive one-step approach. But the yellows have some oomph too and even finish super nice on ultra soft gloss black Nissan paint. The face profile of these pads are nice and tapered and allow you to get into curves without stalling out a G9 for instance.
    Interesting comments from a few of you guys that machine polish way more then me. I like the lake country SDO range actually better then rupes. The "ride" is just better.

After seeing esoteric recommend and sell the red uro-cell i was going to pick one up. Maybe i will pick up a yellow uro-tec has well.

Uro-cell is closed cell so i assume uro-tec is open..?

And has anyone used oberk's yellow pad? You can get a nice deal on them in bulk.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I prefer the line of pads they had prior to these they are selling now. I REALLY hate that they did away with the green foam pad also- that was my go to pad for most of my corrections-- so now I'm stuck with the yellow that is not aggressive enough for me and the blue is way to much
    Sandro of car craft detailing on youtube said the green pad was one he used a lot too. He really likes the yellow wool however but here at least - canada - they are probably the most expensive pads i have ever seen.

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Since bottles and sprayers are almost certainly not produced by CG in house they are sourced from an outside vendor

I’m sure the vendors change from time to time

Currently on the CG website the 3 pack of 16oz sprayer with the tall cylindrical clear bottles clearly shows a Tolco sprayer with the capital T inside a diamond shape on the left hand side of the band like this

Mine don’t

If you know anything about plastic injection molding (and I do) you can spot quite a few details that differ between the two

I will admit I bought these during the initial CoVid panic when any kind of spray bottle was in short supply so I assume CG used cheap foreign knock off sprayers

My loss, their gain

I read other reviews about the bottles cracking at the neck but the replacements they sent haven’t cracked so maybe a bad batch?

I hear you on how two people can have 180 degree difference experiences and that can make complaining OR recommending a product tricky

Have a great weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it’s funny when seeing recommendations. One bad use and it’s the worst but someone will always pop up with a different view.

Both are usually right from their perspective.

I checked mine which i ordered beginning of pandemic also but I think this was before sprayer shortage but just checked and they have the T.

Not the smartest cookies at CG though. Instead of pulling tube out and just cutting to size they decided to spiral twist them into bottle and have had a couple snap Most regretted detailing product purchase

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah it’s funny when seeing recommendations. One bad use and it’s the worst but someone will always pop up with a different view.

Both are usually right from their perspective.

I checked mine which i ordered beginning of pandemic also but I think this was before sprayer shortage but just checked and they have the T.

Not the smartest cookies at CG though. Instead of pulling tube out and just cutting to size they decided to spiral twist them into bottle and have had a couple snap Most regretted detailing product purchase

I left my tubes curled up against the bottom figuring if the bottle necks cracked again I could just buy some decent bottles and cut the tubes then

If they survived being straightened

Just one more check mark in the fail column

Oh well

I’m trying to remember where we were recently or what was going on but whatever TV channel my wife had on was running CG commercials at every break

Got real old real fast

11. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    Yeah the dark blue pads have a nice dense feel to them. It's not as porous so the polish stays on the face well and allows you to use smaller amounts of product, making the wipe-off easier. They don't cut like the Maroon but if I need that level of effort I jump up to the Uro-Fiber as well. Unfortunately those pads haven't agreed with the Makita PO5000C very well as it's a small orbit, high-rpm type of polisher that grips and grabs with a thin mf pad. So I've been trying the LC Force blue wool pads and have grown to adore those for a wool pad.

For the foam pads though, the white/yellow/dark blue are a perfect combo.
    Thank you for the info.

So far I've been pretty lucky with those Uro-Fiber on the 3401, but I believe your machine spins faster.

I'm surprised how much I can get done with the Uro-Fiber and yellow Uro-Tec, but I am needing something with a little more punch than the yellow. Dark Blue is it.

13. Likes crg001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Was it 3D One?

I had a really hard time getting used to how lubricated it is. I would often revert back to Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Polish for easier removal. But once I backed off, and dialed in my process... I can't go back to the Megs!
    yes 3d one . Everyones seems to like it , I had better luck the second time I used it . But it did correct the paint so its probably just my technique

Post Thanks / Like

would not purchase again, IME doesn't do a very good job. remove the word "tar"...
    i am the jump starter.

16. Likes DFB, vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    would not purchase again, IME doesn't do a very good job. remove the word "tar"...
    You know, I think I'm going to agree with you. I wasn't impressed after using this a few times. It smelled good if I remember correctly, right? I have a can of Tarminator now for bugs.

Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687 LastLast