autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

I tried to use a syn clay block on a wheel with tarminator as the lube hahahaha! Melted the rubber but I was able to save it. It was like a layer of the rubber melted but the next layer was okay.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to use a syn clay block on a wheel with tarminator as the lube hahahaha! Melted the rubber but I was able to save it. It was like a layer of the rubber melted but the next layer was okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread revival, anyone? Any new findings coming into 2018 so far?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
    Thread revival, anyone? Any new findings coming into 2018 so far?
    Cyclo DA Brushes. This thing has proved to be absolutely useless for me... 10 times out of 10 I can do a far better job at scrubbing by hand than this brush can do. Plus you have to run the DA polisher at full speed in order to prevent the thing from stalling, but it really doesn’t matter because even when it’s spinning it’s just a waste of time.

The scrubbing isn’t the hard part, it’s the mopping up that’s the hard part. I think that’s 1 of the big reasons people love their extractors.

If anything, I might get myself a couple of brushes that connect to a power drill and I imagine those work way better than these Cyclo Brushes because a power drill won’t suffer from the constant stalling that occurs trying to do any sort of real cleaning via DA.

5. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you think it would work on the new Rupes rotary? Low RPM range and adjustable speed at the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    How do you think it would work on the new Rupes rotary? Low RPM range and adjustable speed at the trigger.
    The brushes? I haven’t looked into the new Rupes rotary, but would it even hook up to it? I mean I can’t imagine the new Rupes polisher has a 5/16ths spindle?

They make these sort of brushes for rotaries, and it’s no surprise that the only videos online showing successful results are from people using rotaries or drills and not DA polishers. I’m talking about extremely trashed carpets getting cleaned. Not for the faint hearted. Those carpets would laugh at these brushes.. But then again, all carpets laugh at these brushes.

It’s not even worth the time to use these on my own floormatts. I can do a much better job in much less time by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Cyclo DA Brushes. This thing has proved to be absolutely useless for me... 10 times out of 10 I can do a far better job at scrubbing by hand than this brush can do. Plus you have to run the DA polisher at full speed in order to prevent the thing from stalling, but it really doesn’t matter because even when it’s spinning it’s just a waste of time.

The scrubbing isn’t the hard part, it’s the mopping up that’s the hard part. I think that’s 1 of the big reasons people love their extractors.

If anything, I might get myself a couple of brushes that connect to a power drill and I imagine those work way better than these Cyclo Brushes because a power drill won’t suffer from the constant stalling that occurs trying to do any sort of real cleaning via DA.
    Ahh it attaches to a DA, i bought one that attaches to a drill for leather seats and its really handy for large rear seat sections, but faster with the yellow lvp scrubber for the front and center console in my experience. I’ll snap a pic of* what i use.

And yes... i find “cleaning” the spot or fabric much easier than the mopping up part... i hate mopping up with just towels and a shop vac.. the extractor suction is what i really need/want.

9. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique, didn't really work for me

Post Thanks / Like

I do not want to sound ungrateful here. Family members know that I like to wash cars as a hobby. A family member shops at a wholesale club. They saw and bought into a gimmick product and demo. Then gave me the kit as a gift a few years back. The though and gift was great, the products were terrible. It is the typical as seen on tv product. You know the products they drop acid on and light on fire. Avoid this product. IBIX

Here is the link for a laugh.
    IBIZ | The Best Detailing Auto Care Products | Wax Direct

Post Thanks / Like

I do not want to sound ungrateful here. Family members know that I like to wash cars as a hobby. A family member shops at a wholesale club. They saw and bought into a gimmick product and demo. Then gave me the kit as a gift a few years back. The though and gift was great, the products were terrible. It is the typical as seen on tv product. You know the products they drop acid on and light on fire. Avoid this product. IBIX

Here is the link for a laugh.
    IBIZ | The Best Detailing Auto Care Products | Wax Direct

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast