autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

@Route246. I agree with everything you just said. Thumbs up.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why I'm even bothering, but it's not so much "fanboyism" for me as much as it was falling into the hype from CG marketing and the internet. I was a newbie and didn't know what to expect.

A few years ago I didn't know what I know now about detailing and all the brands out there. I really only knew what you saw on the shelves at stores and CG. I thought wow this must be some great stuff, all the videos and pictures and great reviews, surely it must be better than mothers or meguiars I can buy at the store!? So a couple hundred bucks later and I've got my detailing arsenal of CG products and was ready to start washing and detailing my car and my parents cars. I was blown away by how well the products worked and excited to use them and wanted to always wash the cars and apply a new coat of wax or sealant. It was a lot of fun.

Over time though we start to try new products, experiment or get bored with the same things, so naturally as I got low on a product or didn't feel I was getting the expected results I tried something else. That's when I realized maybe it wasn't that the products were so amazing, maybe I was just new to it all(if that makes sense). Id only ever bought OTC detailing supplies and buying all those CG products I thought this is the best there is. Since then I've tried many different products and have found them to be a better user experience or provide better results compared to most of the CG stuff I used. Sorry that's my opinion and how I feel in my world on my car and family and friends cars.

No I can't tell the different between a car soap from a reputable brand really, but when I can find megs gold class in a gallon for around 6 bucks locally I'm going to buy it.

Also, for tire dressing, I use VRP it's one product I can say I'm happy with and get good results from.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCougarGuy View Post
    I regret the day I discovered Autogeek. My bank account hasn't been the same since.
    tell me about it lol, i cant say ive regretted buying anything though because it was either the best option available at the time or, i tried it and found out i didn't like it. you cant regret that if you bought something that means you wanted it to try. just because you didn't like it doesn't mean you should regret it. I just dont have that mentality with money. the only thing money is good for is spending.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    I don't know why I'm even bothering, but it's not so much "fanboyism" for me as much as it was falling into the hype from CG marketing and the internet. I was a newbie and didn't know what to expect.

A few years ago I didn't know what I know now about detailing and all the brands out there. I really only knew what you saw on the shelves at stores and CG. I thought wow this must be some great stuff, all the videos and pictures and great reviews, surely it must be better than mothers or meguiars I can buy at the store!? So a couple hundred bucks later and I've got my detailing arsenal of CG products and was ready to start washing and detailing my car and my parents cars. I was blown away by how well the products worked and excited to use them and wanted to always wash the cars and apply a new coat of wax or sealant. It was a lot of fun.

Over time though we start to try new products, experiment or get bored with the same things, so naturally as I got low on a product or didn't feel I was getting the expected results I tried something else. That's when I realized maybe it wasn't that the products were so amazing, maybe I was just new to it all(if that makes sense). Id only ever bought OTC detailing supplies and buying all those CG products I thought this is the best there is. Since then I've tried many different products and have found them to be a better user experience or provide better results compared to most of the CG stuff I used. Sorry that's my opinion and how I feel in my world on my car and family and friends cars.

No I can't tell the different between a car soap from a reputable brand really, but when I can find megs gold class in a gallon for around 6 bucks locally I'm going to buy it.

Also, for tire dressing, I use VRP it's one product I can say I'm happy with and get good results from.
    luckily i didnt fall for the chemical guys hype it actually turned me off in the beginning. but ya its all about trying new things. I get board using the same stuff all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Just realized this thread is about chemical guys right now. i just stared trying any of thier products recently. ill say i like the blacklight hybrid soap and the wet mirror glaze was pretty ok BUT, What is the deal with this 1 THOUSAND DOLLAR PASTE WAX they just released?

I think they may have gone off the rails over there at chemical guys. Lets start calling them criminal guys?

Chemical Guys Project J97 Paste Wax

Post Thanks / Like

There's actually a detailer here that bough and promotes it as a yr long or more wax and he guarantees it will last that long

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm regretting buying a 4L jug of Gyeon Foam; not because it's a bad product but rather because if I get a foam cannon & pressure washer I fear it will end up like exercise equipment: pushed into a corner of the garage after a few uses.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, for tire dressing, I use VRP it's one product I can say I'm happy with and get good results from.[/QUOTE]

What is VRP?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Bcgreen-it's a tire dressing from chemical guys, water based and high shine, works great and seems to last a couple weeks through rain and snow

Post Thanks / Like

Megs pp365

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast