autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    FK 425. Bought a gallon based on reviews and recommendations.

When it worked, it worked great. When it didn't, it streaked badly and it was almost impossible to get the streaks out. It was a crapshoot as to which would happen, and it only ever streaked badly onthe hood (one hint that it was temperature related).

Called the experts here at AG, they suggested using it in a 50% solution, which helped. I think it was a combination of heat, humidity, and really dark blue paint.

Finally used the last of it up. Now am using UWW+ as a cleaner/QD and BF Midnight Sun Instant Detailer. Very happy.
    That is a first. I love FK425 and did have problems with it at first. I find that using a fine mist finger sprayer worked best that atomizes the liquid more. But as you mentioned I bet it was temperature and humidity related.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

while sonus trim & motorkote isn't a bad product, i kinda wish i didn't purchase it. between having both cd-2 & 3D Instant Shine (both aerosals), the basis is pretty much covered...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnobrakes View Post
    As mentioned earlier.......Sonax wheel cleaner. Its expensive and really doesnt clean any better than Eagle 1 wheel cleaner at 1/4 the price.
    if the eagle 1 cleans as good or better i might switch from the $ sonax once the bottle runs out since my DD dusts up in a couple days of normal driving.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    Pinnacle XMT #1-4 swirl removers and compounds

They all have the consistence of water (even after 5 mins of solid shaking to make sure it was throughly mixed)
    Send me a PM with your order number and I'll have them replaced. None of the XMT polishes should be that thin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    I haven't had much luck with the customer service at DetailersDomain. YMMV. OTOH - AG cannot be beat in that department. Amazing.
    Wow that's really odd. I've ordered from them one time only, so they don't know me. With my order, I got a SINGLE towel to try them. A month later that towel failed (see pic). I shot them an email. 72 hours later on my porch was a Fed Ex box with TWO TOWELS and a FREE bottle of Adams VRT.

That's the first time any online detailing vendor gave me something for FREE that I didn't place in my cart. I order detailing supplies pretty much bi-weekly from the same online vendor and have never received any "surprises" in the box.

So, I think I'll do more buisness from DD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Wow that's really odd. I've ordered from them one time only, so they don't know me. With my order, I got a SINGLE towel to try them. A month later that towel failed (see pic). I shot them an email. 72 hours later on my porch was a Fed Ex box with TWO TOWELS and a FREE bottle of Adams VRT.

That's the first time any online detailing vendor gave me something for FREE that I didn't place in my cart. I order detailing supplies pretty much bi-weekly from the same online vendor and have never received any "surprises" in the box.

So, I think I'll do more buisness from DD.

phil takes care of business...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I regret buying all those hoses, spray guns, foam cannons, etc. and then discovering ONR a few years ago and never using them again, lol. Add to that my pressure washer which basically collects dust.

The only detailing products I regret would have to be HD UNO AC, and HD Speed. Neither one performed as advertised, not even close, and wasn't exactly cheap at $29.99 per bottle of each (I think they were $39.99 when I bought them). They have had many issues, from separation, bad batches, to questionable product support, and misleading claims.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ssnobrakes View Post
    As mentioned earlier.......Sonax wheel cleaner. Its expensive and really doesnt clean any better than Eagle 1 wheel cleaner at 1/4 the price.
    Sonax is my go to product for tough wheel cleaning. However, it's only because I have custom painted wheels. Strong cleaners sold at autozone etc contain harsh chemicals that damage custom wheel finishes. I would agree it's expensive, especially if you don't need a ph balanced cleaner. If I had chrome/aluminum I'd be using Eagle 1 too. With sonax I can spray my custom wheels, scrub, let it dwell for a few minutes and rinse to a dirt free wheel. Other cleaners, or just using soap won't remove all the baked on crud that accumulates when it rains even with scrubbing. Luckily there are products like Sonax and IronX for detailers with these special requirements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Sonax is my go to product for tough wheel cleaning. However, it's only because I have custom painted wheels. Strong cleaners sold at autozone etc contain harsh chemicals that damage custom wheel finishes. I would agree it's expensive, especially if you don't need a ph balanced cleaner. If I had chrome/aluminum I'd be using Eagle 1 too. With sonax I can spray my custom wheels, scrub, let it dwell for a few minutes and rinse to a dirt free wheel. Other cleaners, or just using soap won't remove all the baked on crud that accumulates when it rains even with scrubbing. Luckily there are products like Sonax and IronX for detailers with these special requirements.

very interesting. My wheels were also painted and my tires need some major cleaning! I know that i have to be careful when scrubbing the tires. I was planning on using tuf shine for my tires. How does one know if the product is safe for painted wheels??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    The thing with Wheel Wax is that its supposed to hold up to higher temperatures than traditional sealants.

Products I didn't like:

Turtle Wax N Wash I bought at Costco for $7 a gallon.
    Bondo Black Restore: The worse product ever!
    Prima Mystique Soap
    have to agree on the Bondo Black Restore

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast