autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly one of my Kwazar spray bottles bit the dust. The BB was still there. I decided to dissect it since it was unusable. I discovered that the washer had crapped out. You can see a picture of the washer in the picture. It had basically broken down due to not cleaning (diluted Meguire's APC was in the bottle) it as I didn't know that you had to.

I've had cheap bottles that have lasted years with harsher stuff in it. Now if they would just sell the $1 washer I would have a working bottle... I will not be buying another one. Cheap ones from here on out!

Fixing Kwazar sprayer-imageuploadedbyagonline1357346881-339240-jpg

Fixing Kwazar sprayer-imageuploadedbyagonline1357346896-817857-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fixing Kwazar sprayer

This thread just saved me from tossing my practically new Kwazar sprayer. A couple of months ago I dropped it from about a 4 foot height. After assembling it back together, it would not spray. Finally did a search not expecting to find anything and voila, the solution was right here.

I found an old bottle of glass cleaner from the dollar store, ripped it apart and transplanted the plastic BB into my Kwazar - easy & free. It now works perfectly. Special thanks to octane for the problem and solution. I almost feel embarrassed not knowing how simple the spray bottle assembly was prior to this post.

Because I will only being using this bottle for distilled water, I am not concerned about the chemical resistance of the plastic BB.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, good stuff, happy I saved a couple of bottles...

Post Thanks / Like

You da man Octane!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys ! Sorry to bump an old thread! So I just ordered the 33 oz bottle with the 20% off and flat rate shipping. A little curious , does this happen to all the bottles regardless of size? Or does it happen to 33 more because of the weight and stress vs the 17 ?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say its more so due to the design that when dropped it separates in a way that makes it very easy to lose the metal ball responsible for maintaining the spray pattern. Very attributable to user error, but nonetheless can be annoying. I just tossed my 17 oz.

To keep it working the longest have a bucket of water on the side and when done, remove the sprayer and put the straw end into it and spray water through the system to remove any harsh chemicals. If a sprayer goes ineffective it's usually caustic chemicals that have degraded the o ring or plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    I'd say its more so due to the design that when dropped it separates in a way that makes it very easy to lose the metal ball responsible for maintaining the spray pattern. Very attributable to user error, but nonetheless can be annoying. I just tossed my 17 oz.

To keep it working the longest have a bucket of water on the side and when done, remove the sprayer and put the straw end into it and spray water through the system to remove any harsh chemicals. If a sprayer goes ineffective it's usually caustic chemicals that have degraded the o ring or plastics.
    ahhh! okay that makes perfect sense! i don't plan on using any harsh chemicals for it since it's really expensive (i'll use the cheaper bottles and sprayers for that) but i want to use this for my rinseless washes here in california! since we are in such a bad drought

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrx495 View Post
    ahhh! okay that makes perfect sense! i don't plan on using any harsh chemicals for it since it's really expensive (i'll use the cheaper bottles and sprayers for that) but i want to use this for my rinseless washes here in california! since we are in such a bad drought
    For rinseless washes I actually use this sprayer from Petsmart

It's less than $7 and holds 20oz. It's an atomizer though, so perfect for clay lube and I can attest that Ultima Waterless Wash will not eat through it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    For rinseless washes I actually use this sprayer from Petsmart

It's less than $7 and holds 20oz. It's an atomizer though, so perfect for clay lube and I can attest that Ultima Waterless Wash will not eat through it.
    hahaha! i'll look into this! I'm actually planning to get the SOLO brand from Orchard supply because they have that 15% coupon out right now!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for this, very helpful. Just saved a 15 bucks bottle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast