autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Most "resistant" LSPs

We always talk about durability in terms in how long a LSP lasts, how many weeks or months. But what about durability in terms of it's resistance to things like bugs and water spots?

It's love bug season in FL and this had me thinking. Does something like BFWD or 845 provide better protection against these than something like Nattys? I think it "should", but I don't know if any evidence exists to support that conclusion.

Are there any tests out there evaluating something like this? I'm imagining a test panel with different LSP's and a lot of bird poo....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most "resistant" LSPs

Great question. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that say the hard carnaubas like M16 and the Collinites do provide better protection. FK1000P appears to be one of the strongest contenders. That said, I've never seen any sort of scientific review.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguQv8eI0YM]after applied Nanoskin protection shield - YouTube[/video]

This stuff looks amazing and lasts for a long time

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

There are reports of it lasting for 1 year

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Aray! As a fellow Florida resident I also despise love bug season here. I use a multi-step approach to protecting the finish on my cars. I use Meguiar's synthetic sealant 2.0 topped with Collinite 845 topped with DP MaxWax. Make sure you allow each product to cure for 24 hours after applying (if you have a garage leave the car inside to avoid contaminants) before moving on to the next step. This combined with weekly washes hasn't failed me yet. I find that the protection offered by these products consistently lasts me between 4-6 months. The lower end of that range is for my work car that sits outside and is never garaged. The higher end is for my personal vehicle which is garaged and only outside when I am driving somewhere. If you are looking for just a single product and don't want to take a multi-step approach I would recommend Collinite 845 which seems to offer great protection and durability. Remember though, preparation of the surface and proper application of the products are key here to getting quality, long lasting protection.

Post Thanks / Like

So far...
    I'm only aware of Opti-Gard/Opti-Coat 2.0, upon curing,
    claiming to be: "bird-poop resistant"!

If so...
    Love-bugs/water-spots, then, would be a: "walk-in-the-park".

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

OC/OG or CQ will be the best protection you can get. Use UWW on the bugs to help remove them. Spray on, let dwell and wipe off. Or even better, spray on, let dwell, remove with ONR. UWW can dry on the paint, it's a great product for bug removal as it's so safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReflectiveAuto View Post
    There are reports of it lasting for 1 year
    Seems like allot of work for a year. Why not use OptiGuard for indefinate protection or Wolf's Hard Body for 2 years?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what that other stuff costs off hand but for the Nanoskin Shield sealant I get it for $10.99 free shipping and thats a huge discount. Its good having contacts that hook me up.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Seems like allot of work for a year. Why not use OptiGuard for indefinate protection or Wolf's Hard Body for 2 years?
    I know those are great products but what I am getting my sealant for the price and performance...Ill stick with the products I get thru my contact...I love having great products at a killer price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast