autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting racked over the coals on AG shipping costs

[I just placed the following order tonight. It is being shipped from Autogeek in Florida to Raleigh, NC and the shipping came to $21.99!!!!!!

COME ON AUTOGEEK!! How much could that package possibly weigh? 1-2 lbs at the most including the box and shipping peanuts. 2 tiny bottles and 6 pads and you're telling me that it costs you $21.99 to ship that. What are you making on the shipping charges, like $15.

qty 2 Hi-Gloss Red 5.5 Inch Flat Final Finishing Pad
    qty 2 Cyclo Premium Orange Foam Pad 2 pack
    qty 1 GTechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer 30 ml.
    Sample 1 : Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover WG-8602-S

It is got to the point where I am not going to order anything more from AG unless there is a special going on that includes a deal on the shipping.

That is ridiculous!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting racked over the coals on AG shipping costs

If you think the shipping is too high, get the order to $95 and use the free shipping code or wait for a free shipping block. I've place 50+ orders and NEVER paid for shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

You new what it was going to be before you payed didnt you ? next time tell them to ship u s postal for a flat rate.last time my order came in a real big box at 13.00 to ship 6 pads.they where no good and they had to send me new ones.

the box they sent me that they had to pay for was 1/2 the size and was 5.00 to ship it. no more ups for me flat rate only thats it.

Post Thanks / Like

It was over $100. I need some C4 for the next weekends detail so could not wait for a sale. I used the Autopia 10% discount but that doesn't not discount the shipping. What is the AG free shipping code?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. AG shipping cost is extremely exspensive. You could use US Priority shipping for 1/3 rd the cost. They will deliver up to 70lbs. Just ordered a part shipped from California it was 14.95. Weight was 40lbs.

I just ordered a Flex 3401 with backing plate $32.00. I had to cut down my order of additional pads because of the shipping cost. AG you need to do something about shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I knew what the shipping was before ordering. I needed the C4 and AG is the only option besides Pakshak (which would be worse coming from Hawaii) so I had to do it. That doesn't mean I can't be upset about excessive shipping costs. That was the cheapest shipping option to choose from when checking out the order. Did you call them to get the flat rate option?

Post Thanks / Like
    I no longer buy products from AG unless there is a shipping special and no... I don't fall for the free shipping over $95 gimmick from AG or anybody else that uses that sort of marketing. I can get stuff cheaper from CG shipped 3000 miles to my house than places even in my own state. I'm buying more and more megs and duragloss products sold OTC locally.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree,
    their shipping costs are extremely high. I really wish they'd adjust their shipping charges.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if there is a sale, like 10% off, there is no way to get 10% off
    AND free shipping correct??? They make you use a code for 10% off and only one code
    per order so no VIP free shipping code, correct??

I bought a wheel/tire and the shipping was under $25 for a 50 lb big item. My AG orders\are usually a small 2-3-4 lb package and shipping is more than $25.

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping prices are high across the board, it's not as if ag is out to make extra money off of shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Just be glad you're not an international customer.... that $20 would seem like chump change for shipping if you ordered internationally.
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast