autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

#80 & #83 with Random Orbital

Well I just got these two new products and a new random orbital and having few problems.

First did small test spot few days ago and cleaned up alot of the light scratches on my 1996 dark blue mercedes c-class but now I tried to do more around test spot and can't seem to get same results.

I washed the pads and wondering if there was tiny bit of water in them would that affect the chemicals doing there job.

This random orbital is weird, it doesn't seem to spin when I start putting pressure down, just seems to vibrate.

I am getting some hazzing, I tried working the product longer, shorter, slower, just about everything and can't seem to get some really really light scratches out.

Does the pad need to spin round for it to work or does the vibration and slow spinning work aswell.

Well hope someone can help, the machine is the Bosch 270AE.

Pads I tried were Megs 8006 and 9006 Pads. Each Product had there own pad, also what type of cloth do I need to use to clean them while they are being used.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I read, random orbital doesn't spin, it does the circular motions your hand does when you wax a car. That's just about all i know I don't have a porter cable.....yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kastanaras
    Well I just got these two new products and a new random orbital and having few problems.

First did small test spot few days ago and cleaned up alot of the light scratches on my 1996 dark blue mercedes c-class but now I tried to do more around test spot and can't seem to get same results.

KEEP AT IT AND TRY AGAIN. NOT FAMILILAR WITH THOSE PRODUCTS......

I washed the pads and wondering if there was tiny bit of water in them would that affect the chemicals doing there job.

NOT SURE .BUT MY MIND TELLS ME TO ONLY USE DRY PADS......I DO.....

This random orbital is weird, it doesn't seem to spin when I start putting pressure down, just seems to vibrate.

ITS AN ORBITAL. NOT A ROTARY....IT VIBRATES ON A SPINNING AXIS....

I am getting some hazzing, I tried working the product longer, shorter, slower, just about everything and can't seem to get some really really light scratches out.

TRY DOING SMALLER AREA'S AND WORK THE POLISH TILL ALMOST DRY....

Does the pad need to spin round for it to work or does the vibration and slow spinning work aswell.

VIBRATION......

Pads I tried were Megs 8006 and 9006 Pads. Each Product had there own pad, also what type of cloth do I need to use to clean them while they are being used.
    you need a pad cleaning brush.......

Foam Pad Conditioning Brush cleans and reconditions foam and wool pads on the buffer. remove excess caked wax and polish from buffing pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kastanaras

It could be you simply cannot see it spinning. Use a black permanent marker, and mark a line down the side of the pad, and you will see it spinning.

If you use TOO much pressure, this will stop it from spinning or "jiggling".

Try the 7006 pad. Use speed 4 or 4.5 (#80) and light to medium pressure. Work for about 3 minutes. Use speed 5 or 6 (#83) and heavy pressure. Work for 5-7 minutes.

Sorry, I cannot comment on the machine. I use a Porter Cable.

Hope this helps..

-Nick
    20 year olds rule!

"For each step-back, there is an equally or greater come-back..."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...must-read.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-bluuuur.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peter, I'll try to take a video clip on my Bosch machine & e-mail to you & let you see this Thursday. As tomorrow I have to take my sis's car to workshop. She had an accident. TQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bernard you have been big help.