autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I respect what your saying for sure but I'd think a good shop could peel back that seat cover, install those coils, wire it up without leaving a markThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Also hide the switch or even cooler some OEM switch to activate it. That Caddy has a heater though so it's a mute point.

I'm a restomod kinda guy, I want the looks and size of an old car but sometimes you've gotta take a call or make a call while driving, simple push of the button and that's it. Also with music, Bluetooth in the old car. Imagine being out for a drive and you strike up a conversation with someone in the car and they say "that song would be perfect right now", BAM!, say play "Freeway Jam Live" from Jeff Beck w/ the Ian Hammer Group...just sayin'..

The "experience" end when your up in the mountains and that carb can't adjust to altitude, this would be another reason for modernThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    EFI definitely being added just where does it fit in the order. Also Bluetooth capabilities and a sound system.

She’ll have all the convenience of a modern car just none of the safety. Which is fine because if I worried about safety then I would miss out on a lot of fun things in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes opie, Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I thought the difference would be larger as fatalities per 100,000 in the US are only about 50% less than in the 60s and 70s.
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Still have a lot of idiots that like to use cell phones while driving lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Likes dgage, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The name of the shop is Xtreme Graphics in Lombard Illinois and these drift cars are also...XTREME! The green S14 with the Voss kit made 750 whp!

I'm having some subtle "tweaks" done to the EN, nothing too crazy but rather things that should look OEM to those who don't know which is what I like, always have liked it like thatThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes dgage, SNP209, Big Dave, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the "tweaks" are done to the EN and I couldn't be happier!

I had the front and rear H badges accented w/ satin black vinyl, so now they stand out. I did this to the ES but only the rear as the front had a "floating" design. Some have asked/suggested doing the badges black, as well as the letters and I thought about this as looks good but then leaves no chrome and the N badge has chrome w/ black and red behind it, doing the H badges this way ties in better IMO. They do have black N badges but then the black strip there gets washed away, leaving only the red strip to stand out.

The next mod was to have LaminX laid over the front and rear turn signals, as well as the ones in the side mirrors. This right here REALLY made me happyThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread️Yeah it's a small mod but looks like it should've come that way, as look I like personally. I did a similar type thing on my 3 season rims on the ES by using the H centercap emblem. Alot of people would say "those stock rims look great", then I'd tell them they're actually Konig rims and they always would say "that's pretty cool" This amber turn signal lense gives the EN a "Euro look", well, that is if they offered my car in Europe, LOLThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Before I had this done I made my window tint appointment for May 18th. I'm going to Chicago Auto Pros and getting the same tint and percentage that I had on the ES. The price went up $70 for the entire job but it is what it isThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

The work I had done at the vinyl shop didn't cost me a dime either as the owner wants me to clean his Camaro ZL1 in a couple weeks. He asked me if that was cool and I said OFCOARSE The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Thanks for making it through this long winded explanation as to how I look at thingsThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

8. Likes dgage, SNP209, Big Dave, opie, DETAILROOKIE and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Still have a lot of idiots that like to use cell phones while driving lol
    Yep. Distractions and speed are both up compared to 50 years ago.

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Yep. Distractions and speed are both up compared to 50 years ago.
    So is the amount of cars! Thankfully the cars are safer but as a delivery driver I can tell you people are always on their phones!

12. Likes dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil change and a little undercarriage TLC.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

14. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, Klasse Act, dgage, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So is the amount of cars! Thankfully the cars are safer but as a delivery driver I can tell you people are always on their phones!

Yup and it is absolutley pathetic.... watching these mouth breathing, window licking, crayon eating A holes not able to live without the phone for a short drive.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

16. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Yup and it is absolutley pathetic.... watching these mouth breathing, window licking, crayon eating A holes not able to live without the phone for a short drive.
    So while going home from g/f's tonight, going through The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread, ofcoarse, I tried to get your gen F-body to "play with me" but before he said "WTH" we came up on traffic. I don't think alot of people know about my car...yet. Not sure if he was stock and would've just liked to have known "where I stand" for a quick burst...in Mexico, ofcoarse The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

18. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post
    Oil change and a little undercarriage TLC.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    You do have a sign at the entrance of your garage that says THE STABLE...rightThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

20. Likes Bdubbs, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM, DFB liked this post
Page 822 of 967 FirstFirst ... 322722772812813814815816817818819820821822823824825826827828829830831832872922 ... LastLast