autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 965 of 967 FirstFirst ... 465865915955956957958959960961962963964965966967 LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,650 of 9661
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    4 months before the car comes in. I had to wait that for my Audi
    Oh, that Japanese Kanban stuff...er...German Kanban...er...never mind.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    4 months before the car comes in. I had to wait that for my Audi
    I don't know how it works in the real world but at this Toyota/Lexus dealer you put down a refundable $1,000 deposit and give them what is essentially a wish list

You specify the model, series, color, etc etc etc as well as 2nd and 3rd choices for everything except model and they go out and see what they can find that is as close as possible to what you want

They will only tell you it can take 4-6 months

My daughter and her husband had a deposit on a new Rav 4 last fall and when their name came up they had the choice of ONE single car, a plain Jane white almost baseline model, and it was take it or leave it because there was a line a mile long behind them

They didn't even have a choice on add ons because it came priced out with ceramic, crystal something or other windshield coating, and quite a few other options

The dealer knew people were so desperate that they could tack that stuff on and get away with it

I think I mentioned that here after they bought it and someone on the forum had seen the same trick pulled somewhere in America

Ditto Tacomas, you take what you can get, but oddly enough they have rows of Tundras just sitting on the lot

The lot looks almost as bad as it did during covid, acres of empty space and a handful of cars

I thought you could order and get exactly what you want but that is not happening here

Post Thanks / Like

From the sounds of that, I’m not looking forward to getting a new car

Most likely, that won’t be for some time and maybe by then things will be different
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I don't know how it works in the real world but at this Toyota/Lexus dealer you put down a refundable $1,000 deposit and give them what is essentially a wish list

You specify the model, series, color, etc etc etc as well as 2nd and 3rd choices for everything except model and they go out and see what they can find that is as close as possible to what you want

My daughter and her husband had a deposit on a new Rav 4 last fall and when their name came up they had the choice of ONE single car, a plain Jane white almost baseline model, and it was take it or leave it because there was a line a mile long behind them

They didn't even have a choice on add ons because it came priced out with ceramic, crystal something or other windshield coating, and quite a few other options

The dealer knew people were so desperate that they could tack that stuff on and get away with it

I think I mentioned that here after they bought it and someone on the forum had seen the same trick pulled somewhere in America

Ditto Tacomas, you take what you can get, but oddly enough they have rows of Tundras just sitting on the lot

The lot looks almost as bad as it did during covid, acres of empty space and a handful of cars

I thought you could order and get exactly what you want but that is not happening here

Yeah, that's Toyota's system. It's pretty different compared to anything I'm used to, but if one goes by market share and sales volume and all that then it appears to be working for them - or at a minimum not a deterrent to sales success.

7. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

The dealer offered an alarm and there protection. Said no to both. The just install the alarms and turn off if you don’t opt in. Pretty sure the put whatever protection on car when the get in because it actually has great beading…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes chilly, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The dealer offered an alarm and there protection. Said no to both. The just install the alarms and turn off if you don’t opt in. Pretty sure the put whatever protection on car when the get in because it actually has great beading…

The Qashqai came with a kill switch, it was a demo car, they offered to take it out at no cost, but Mum liked the idea of having it there. I discovered later there's another switch connected to it under the dash that deactivates it, so they were never going to remove it.

I didn't want her to get a demo car, but she liked how it drove and the colour, and she didn't want to wait and also pay more for a new one.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack, chilly liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally out of winter storage!!! Got a fresh wash too.

Post Thanks / Like

Parked out on the street while I moved the Qashqai back inside.

14. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, bill walsh, chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The EN went from THAT to THIS todayThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

My KN wheels are wrapped with the OEM Michelins (245/35/19's) and since they only had 6,750 miles on them when they came off back in the fall of 2022, tread depth is still 8/32ndsThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

The last photo my buddy from back home sent me, it's from 2003! I had just installed new 17" Focus SVT rims on it, plus no door ding moldings for a smooth lookThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes Big Dave, chilly, DFB, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rate my parking spot, went to the local shopping centre for some supplies. The cement pad next to me goes nowhere, it's just the edge of the car park, the ramp to the footpath is further to the right.

18. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 965 of 967 FirstFirst ... 465865915955956957958959960961962963964965966967 LastLast