autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

In the garage for sure. I want to see if I can apply with a foam paint brush. We will see. I have to do plenty of masking first.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    As far as the scratch, what if I screw up and make it look worse? Now that would probably bug me more than the actual scratch in its current state.
    Oh man...now you sound like me! That looks fairly easy to touch up because it's long and deep, looks easier say, than a round chip. My philosophy with touchup is if you don't like the way it looks, you can wipe it right out with IPA if you just did it, if it's been a little longer you should be able to use some lacquer thinner as long as the clear around it is 2K (don't blame me if something happens with the lacquer thinner), and start over. But I still don't do it most of the time because I'm afraid I won't like they way it comes out...that and my touchup is dried up.

It's funny, I have a glass bottle of dealer touchup for another car that's about 20 years old, and it's fine, but all the ones I bought from PaintScratch a few years ago for my (ok, it's 6 years, I just looked it up) are all dried up, and this is the second batch I bought (in their plastic bottles). I was looking at other online touchup paint places, I found one or 2 that show glass bottles, and one it wasn't clear, so I emailed them and they said glass--boo, PaintScratch for using plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    In the garage for sure. I want to see if I can apply with a foam paint brush. We will see. I have to plenty of masking first.
    It’s actual paint? I did mine with spray paint. I should’ve waited as soon as I felt the can was half empty. Turn it sideways and suddenly you lose spray, everything went wrong…

Post Thanks / Like

In the garage for sure. I want to see if I can apply with a foam paint brush. We will see. I have to do plenty of masking first.
    Bill! You'll get overspray all over the garage. Oh, sorry foam brush...hmm...not sure that's going to come out the way you want it.

For the kids listening--make sure to take care of the paint on your wiper arms so you don't have to repaint them like Uncle Bill and I.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it’s a can of actual paint made by SEM. I got it last week so everything is brand new to use

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s actual paint? I did mine with spray paint. I should’ve waited as soon as I felt the can was half empty. Turn it sideways and suddenly you lose spray, everything went wrong…
    Wait--kids take care of your wiper arms so you don't have to repaint them like Uncle Bill, Uncle Setec, and Uncle Eldo.

Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Wiper arms are among the most neglected part of the vehicle.
    I take care of the blades, but not the arms.

Post Thanks / Like

My wiper arms are 35 years old and I think the heat finally did in the wiper arm paint. I’ll be sure to spray far away from the cars. Luckily if it doesn’t come out that great,the arms are hidden by the hood and not obviously noticeable. I’ll have to make this a very careful project. I’m not prepared to do it quite yet

Post Thanks / Like

My wiper arms are 35 years old and I think the heat finally did in the wiper arm paint. I’ll be sure to spray far away from the cars. Luckily if it doesn’t come out that great,the arms are hidden by the hood and not obviously noticeable. I’ll have to make this a very careful project. I’m not prepared to do it quite yet
    Some people say to remove the wiper arms, but I think that’s overkill. I’d rather lay down drop cloths over the entire car and get to spraying.

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t remove them, not in a part of my skill set. I’m going to do a whole lot of masking off first

Page 958 of 967 FirstFirst ... 458858908948949950951952953954955956957958959960961962963964965966967 LastLast