autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I wash towels immediately after use with Rags to Riches and have done this for years now and have not had issues with towels losing their absorbency. Towels are to be used and are considered consumables to me, if they loose performance, then they are replaced.
    True, although the towels i use to apply sealants and and si02 spray products i have noticed that in 1-2 years they have lost obsorbancy. Maybe cuz i dont wash right after use.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Bilt Hamber Auto Foam...... that's the right one isn't it?
    They make 2 pre-washes, Auto-foam and Touchless. Their pH levels are fairly close but IMO they're basically the same product, one is sugar-based and right now I can't think of which one that is.

When it's time for a carwash I can honestly say that their AutoWash is incredible, a pure wash and VERY concentrated and to be taken seriously thereThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I haven't yet but I've gotta say that the DIY Detail RW is pretty good and finishes out nicely. There's so many good ones out there but I'll probably buy the small size of P&S' newest product The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Yeah so far everyrhing I’m reading on it is putting it at #1. I got a gallon of ONR and a 32oz of absolute on same order. Now wishing it was other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    True, although the towels i use to apply sealants and and si02 spray products i have noticed that in 1-2 years they have lost obsorbancy. Maybe cuz i dont wash right after use.

Yup that’s it. If your not gonna wash right away just throw them in a bucket with some R2R or whatever MF detergent your using (you are using MF detergent?) till you wash.

8. Likes chilly, opie, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    They make 2 pre-washes, Auto-foam and Touchless. Their pH levels are fairly close but IMO they're basically the same product, one is sugar-based and right now I can't think of which one that is.

When it's time for a carwash I can honestly say that their AutoWash is incredible, a pure wash and VERY concentrated and to be taken seriously thereThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Touch-less is sugar based.

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Bilt Hamber Auto Foam...... that's the right one isn't it?
    I have both and for me AF works a little better than touch-less. BH says that depending on your traffic film and grime one may work better than other.

Touch- less has a lower PH (12) at proper dilution AutoFoam is 13/14.

12. Thanks CleanIT, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm always thinking about narrowing down what products to use and being as fast and efficient as possible. As much as I like keeping my car clean, I don't like overcomplicating the process and cluttering everything up with a thousand products.

My routine starting next year will be - prewash with BH AF/Touchless, power wash off, follow up with a RW. I will re-coat the truck with some coating after CC wears off. I will also likely use the RW for interior and glass as well. Just thinking out loud here....

I can't say one RW is better than the other. I've used Griot's, ONR, Feynlab and Ech20. All worked well. Ech20 is more of a QD IMO. Doesn't encapsulate or drop dirt to bottom. DIY is on my list and may replace ONR going forward. The Feynlab is the standout one though. Different than all the others. Really saturates the surface better than the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yup that’s it. If your not gonna wash right away just throw them in a bucket with some R2R or whatever MF detergent your using (you are using MF detergent?) till you wash.

Exactly what I do.

15. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Copy that ill start to do that. Yes i use 3d towrl kleen

17. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I'm always thinking about narrowing down what products to use and being as fast and efficient as possible. As much as I like keeping my car clean, I don't like overcomplicating the process and cluttering everything up with a thousand products.

My routine starting next year will be - prewash with BH AF/Touchless, power wash off, follow up with a RW. I will re-coat the truck with some coating after CC wears off. I will also likely use the RW for interior and glass as well. Just thinking out loud here....

I can't say one RW is better than the other. I've used Griot's, ONR, Feynlab and Ech20. All worked well. Ech20 is more of a QD IMO. Doesn't encapsulate or drop dirt to bottom. DIY is on my list and may replace ONR going forward. The Feynlab is the standout one though. Different than all the others. Really saturates the surface better than the others.
    Like it. Not a fan of RW for glass (streaks) but haven’t tried ONR. For the interior, I’m kinda weird. Never had dash crack or fade were I thought I needed UV protection but for some reason I can’t get behind using Rinseless.

I’ve read we’re some leave residue (not ONR). But I don’t think it’s that. I just like interior QD’s and love the way a dash looks after preserve or PBL L&V.

I’m pretty sure the just look like a clean dash after a week. Same with leather. A nice wipe down with damp cloth all they should need.

19. Likes chilly, CleanIT, opie, DFB liked this post
Page 872 of 967 FirstFirst ... 372772822862863864865866867868869870871872873874875876877878879880881882922 ... LastLast