autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

I’m not personally a muscle car guy as I’m more of a technologist but that is a sweet ride and setup. Congrats man! I just can’t believe you chose getting those things instead of a vacation….KIDDING.

2. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Sweeeet. What year is it? I dug to see if we had the VIN, but a friend of mine/the shop I work at had a 2016 GT350. He did some really minor mods (Don't recall exactly what) and did track days with it. Be funny if it's that one.
    He's got a GT500 now that he's going wild with.

For MN front plates, I got a ticket once when I parked my E30 M3 on a side street in St Paul and the parking enforcement peep nailed me. Otherwise it never came up. I have been pulled over a couple times for tint.
    I keep my front plate in the trunk on S-hooks if I park downtown. If the local constable pulls me over I’ve been happy to take a no front plate instead of one for possibly speeding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I’m not personally a muscle car guy as I’m more of a technologist but that is a sweet ride and setup. Congrats man! I just can’t believe you chose getting those things instead of a vacation….KIDDING.
    Yeah I’m getting it as technology advanced as possible but just like the raw feeling of the old car. Does without all the nanny controls of these new cars.

Was thinking long and hard of a newer LS or LT motor with all the new creature comforts but just feel like a big block is this muscle car’s soul.

Has no heat which i fine with but AC may actually be next mod.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes dgage, Big Dave, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’m getting it as technology advanced as possible but just like the raw feeling of the old car. Does without all the nanny controls of these new cars.

Was thinking long and hard of a newer LS or LT motor with all the new creature comforts but just feel like a big block is this muscle car’s soul.

Has no heat which i fine with but AC may actually be next mod.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why no heaterThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is actually the safety features. I can’t see putting myself or my family in a car without recent safety features like airbags.

And I absolutely can’t stand the nannies. My aunt bought a new Mercedes E350 coupe and it was a nice car but it didn’t like how I drove as it would constantly tell me I was too close to other cars as I was passing them. I only drove it once.

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    For me it is actually the safety features. I can’t see putting myself or my family in a car without recent safety features like airbags.

And I absolutely can’t stand the nannies. My aunt bought a new Mercedes E350 coupe and it was a nice car but it didn’t like how I drove as it would constantly tell me I was too close to other cars as I was passing them. I only drove it once.
    I'm with Coatingsarecrack as far as the muscle car feel but to a certain extent get where you're coming from.

Now my Trans Am probably would not do all that well in a accident but I accept that. But the fact of the matter is you hear people say how safe old American steel is and how they would rather be in a old vehicle rather than a new "plastic" vehicle but the advancements can't be argued. Especially when back in the day you used to use steel car ramps that weighed about 60 lbs. now you can get plastic ones that are rated at 2 1/2 tons at Walmart for $50

Don't know if you have seen this collision video of old vs new but it says a lot.

Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    I'm with Coatingsarecrack as far as the muscle car feel but to a certain extent get where you're coming from.

Now my Trans Am probably would not do all that well in a accident but I accept that. But the fact of the matter is you hear people say how safe old American steel is and how they would rather be in a old vehicle rather than a new "plastic" vehicle but the advancements can't be argued. Especially when back in the day you used to use steel car ramps that weighed about 60 lbs. now you can get plastic ones that are rated at 2 1/2 tons at Walmart for $50

Don't know if you have seen this collision video of old vs new but it says a lot.

This video was an eye opener when I saw it years ago. When they say "they don't build em' like they used to"...thank God, literallyThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

11. Likes dgage, SNP209, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went trail driving, got dirty. Haven't been off road for 6 months, everything still works.

Because of the previous posts on crash safety, I took a shot of my A pillar, check out the size of that thing. And yes, it does block my view, but you learn to move your head to see around it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Went trail driving, got dirty. Haven't been off road for 6 months, everything still works.

Because of the previous posts on crash safety, I took a shot of my A pillar, check out the size of that thing. And yes, it does block my view, but you learn to move your head to see around it.

Easily the dirtiest to cleanest vehicle here on AGThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

14. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Easily the dirtiest to cleanest vehicle here on AGThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Now I get to test out my new foam cannon, and Carpro Lift, on some real dirt. But not this weekend, driving it in to work like this will earn me some points.

Page 820 of 968 FirstFirst ... 320720770810811812813814815816817818819820821822823824825826827828829830870920 ... LastLast