autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    You're in Minnesota right?

I'm in White Bear and have not ran a front plate ever in my Trans Am. I refuse.... and they seem to leave alone.
    Yeah.

I live in a town of about 13,000. So they look for anything to possibly pull you over.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I LOATH the front plate law here in Illinoyed. Getting rid of it "only saves the state $800K a year" they say and also is unsafe for the copsThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Well I started driving in 1986, the last year Michigan required a front plate and last time I checked, Detroit isn't Mayberry and yes I can say this, born and raised in the D!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Now that you got the suspension sorted, what's next? New wheels and tires? If I remember correctly it already has a big block, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend after I did a maintenance wash, I took the car over to the nearby church parking lot to snap a few photos with a cleaner backdrop than the driveway.

7. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, Bosko, opie, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I LOATH the front plate law here in Illinoyed. Getting rid of it "only saves the state $800K a year" they say and also is unsafe for the copsThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Well I started driving in 1986, the last year Michigan required a front plate and last time I checked, Detroit isn't Mayberry and yes I can say this, born and raised in the D!
    Is this something that is actively enforced?

One day I was on my way into work. Traveling in the right lane, basically keeping up with traffic. I can see that at the top of the hill there's a state trooper. Whatever. So I go down the hill and take the first exit and next thing I know he's on me like flies on stank. Pulls me over. I roll the window down. Here's the exact dialogue:

"Ticket for speeding, ticket for tinted windows."

He walks to the front of the car.

"Ticket for speeding, ticket for tinted windows, ticket for no front plate. License and registration."

So I'm like, what's next? Ticket for wearing a white shirt or for having brown eyes? He hands me the envelope and as I drive away I open it. $498.

This was the first time I had ever heard of getting an infraction for not having a front plate. PLENTY of people don't have a front plate. So I get all Matlock and decide I'm going to fight the ticket because there is NO WAY I'm dropping 5 bills on this. The thing that got my motor running is that he never used a meter or device to measure the level of my tint, and I thought you had to do that as opposed to making it a judgment call. I start doing insane research and show up to court with all these questions about the situation, such as:

1 - What is the model of radar that was used?
    2 - When was the last time it was calibrated?
    3 - Did the overcast weather have any impact on the reading?
    4 - Did the fact he was pointing it downhill in heavy traffic make a difference?
    5 - A light transmission device was never used. Why?
    6 - A significant amount of cars do not even have plate frames mounted

All that. So I get to court. I'm the first one there, I'm super early. I get called up early. I'm ready to go into this 10 minute explanation of what happened not realizing that there are 120 other people there and the prosecutor is not interested in taking more than 1.5 hours to get through everyone.

He says, "71 is really not that fast. Have a nice day." And he nolle's the entire ticket. (The moral of this story is to contest every ticket you get).

BUT ANYWAY, I got off on a tangent here. I had previously been pulled over a few times before this incident and not having a front plate was never an issue...unless you get the wrong guy on the wrong day.

9. Likes dgage, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    Is this something that is actively enforced?

One day I was on my way into work. Traveling in the right lane, basically keeping up with traffic. I can see that at the top of the hill there's a state trooper. Whatever. So I go down the hill and take the first exit and next thing I know he's on me like flies on stank. Pulls me over. I roll the window down. Here's the exact dialogue:

"Ticket for speeding, ticket for tinted windows."

He walks to the front of the car.

"Ticket for speeding, ticket for tinted windows, ticket for no front plate. License and registration."

So I'm like, what's next? Ticket for wearing a white shirt or for having brown eyes? He hands me the envelope and as I drive away I open it. $498.

This was the first time I had ever heard of getting an infraction for not having a front plate. PLENTY of people don't have a front plate. So I get all Matlock and decide I'm going to fight the ticket because there is NO WAY I'm dropping 5 bills on this. The thing that got my motor running is that he never used a meter or device to measure the level of my tint, and I thought you had to do that as opposed to making it a judgment call. I start doing insane research and show up to court with all these questions about the situation, such as:

1 - What is the model of radar that was used?
    2 - When was the last time it was calibrated?
    3 - Did the overcast weather have any impact on the reading?
    4 - Did the fact he was pointing it downhill in heavy traffic make a difference?
    5 - A light transmission device was never used. Why?
    6 - A significant amount of cars do not even have plate frames mounted

All that. So I get to court. I'm the first one there, I'm super early. I get called up early. I'm ready to go into this 10 minute explanation of what happened not realizing that there are 120 other people there and the prosecutor is not interested in taking more than 1.5 hours to get through everyone.

He says, "71 is really not that fast. Have a nice day." And he nolle's the entire ticket. (The moral of this story is to contest every ticket you get).

BUT ANYWAY, I got off on a tangent here. I had previously been pulled over a few times before this incident and not having a front plate was never an issue...unless you get the wrong guy on the wrong day.
    Ya, some are seriously nit picky clowns to the people that pay there wages.

Many years ago I did end up getting pulled over in my Trans Am by a State Patrol Officer and he says...."Do you know what you're saying when you don't run a front plate, you're telling me that you don't care about the law" lol

It's like dude, get a F'n grip !
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

It depends which city your in in Chicagoland for front plate and I've been pulled over twice. Once I got a warning and the last one he gave me a parking ticket instead of no front plate displayed, saved me $100. Window had been legal here since 2009, 30% is the max.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Now that you got the suspension sorted, what's next? New wheels and tires? If I remember correctly it already has a big block, right?
    Yeah it’s got a 489 in it. Wheels and tires being sorted now. Ones I ordered are back ordered to July. Looking for ones now. Ones I ordered were Weld Ventura and there flow formed (better version of cast wheels).

My next move will either be stepping up to forged wheels if i can find some in stock or ubgrading to a Holley EFI and possibly Brodix aluminum heads.

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SNP209, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post
    Newest addition to the stable. Has a lot of rock chips on the bumper. A couple in other areas I'd like to touch up somehow.

But I won't be scared to drive the hell out of it. I'm not putting a front plate on either...so I'm sure I'll be getting tickets.
    Sweeeet. What year is it? I dug to see if we had the VIN, but a friend of mine/the shop I work at had a 2016 GT350. He did some really minor mods (Don't recall exactly what) and did track days with it. Be funny if it's that one.
    He's got a GT500 now that he's going wild with.

For MN front plates, I got a ticket once when I parked my E30 M3 on a side street in St Paul and the parking enforcement peep nailed me. Otherwise it never came up. I have been pulled over a couple times for tint.

Page 819 of 967 FirstFirst ... 319719769809810811812813814815816817818819820821822823824825826827828829869919 ... LastLast