autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bbmach View Post
    A 4-speed would have made it one of 92. Almost as rare as Buick fans it seems

My folks ordered it with a trailer hitch, as it towed a boat for the first 10 years... and was my Mom's daily-driver for 20+ years. I even took my driver's license test with it.

Um, stock-ish? I built the engine in the 1990's... we put an overdrive trans in it, etc. After 49 years, much has been updated but nothing crazy. It's best is 13.15 @102

Attachment 74957Attachment 74958
    One more question or maybe a comment, why not flip those whitetails blackwall sideThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I'm almost positive that's a 275/60/15 on the rear and the stance is SPOT ON!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I originally posted 3 42 but I was thinking 70's and lower performance so 3.08 came to mind after I put 3.42. Does the 700R4 have a stall?

One more question or maybe a comment, why not flip those whitetails blackwall sideThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I'm almost positive that's a 275/60/15 on the rear and the stance is SPOT ON!

Bwahahaha - if you only knew how funny your comment is. The car has gone through a few wheel and tire combinations over the years, always whitewalls or when I could, raised white letters... and my Dad always went back to the whitewalls the next time. Something about growing up in the 50's. lol We never agreed except for no blackwalls (Drag Radials excepted of course). GoodYear (Wingfoot) and BF Goodrich (T/A Radials) used to make whitewalls that were at least interesting, but no longer... so the Yokohama's were about the best option. My Dad passed away this past August, and the last time I had the car out, got a nail in the left front. I think he is testing me... but there are a pair of new Cooper Cobra tires in the garage.

Yep, 275/60's and the fronts are 225/70. The new ones are 235/70.

The interesting thing about the '73 model year... while everything around it changed, the powertrain is just about identical to the '72. Same compression, HP ratings (SAE to Net), trans, rear end, etc. My Dad used to say he picked it as it was the fastest "family car" with A/C in 1973.

Oh, and the stall is about 2400 rpm. And it's a lock up.

Thanks for the questions, and I hope I didn't bore everyone else!
    1969 460 Mach-1 / 1973 GS Stage-1 / 2000 Lexus GS400 / 2004 V-Rod / 2018 Outback 3.6R

3. Likes PaulMys, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbmach View Post
    Bwahahaha - if you only knew how funny your comment is. The car has gone through a few wheel and tire combinations over the years, always whitewalls or when I could, raised white letters... and my Dad always went back to the whitewalls the next time. Something about growing up in the 50's. lol We never agreed except for no blackwalls (Drag Radials excepted of course). GoodYear (Wingfoot) and BF Goodrich (T/A Radials) used to make whitewalls that were at least interesting, but no longer... so the Yokohama's were about the best option. My Dad passed away this past August, and the last time I had the car out, got a nail in the left front. I think he is testing me... but there are a pair of new Cooper Cobra tires in the garage.

Yep, 275/60's and the fronts are 225/70. The new ones are 235/70.

The interesting thing about the '73 model year... while everything around it changed, the powertrain is just about identical to the '72. Same compression, HP ratings (SAE to Net), trans, rear end, etc. My Dad used to say he picked it as it was the fastest "family car" with A/C in 1973.

Oh, and the stall is about 2400 rpm. And it's a lock up.

Thanks for the questions, and I hope I didn't bore everyone else!
    First off I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost my Dad the day after Labor Day 2006 and he is personally responsible for why I'm so into carsThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Your Dad had great taste in cars and I'm sure he's smiling down on you everyday and would approve of the mods you've done for sureThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

As far as boring everyone...nah, someone out there got educated, motivated or interested in this car to look them up, trust me!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Thanks bbmach thanked for this post
    Likes bbmach, dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First off I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost my Dad the day after Labor Day 2006 and he is personally responsible for why I'm so into carsThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Your Dad had great taste in cars and I'm sure he's smiling down on you everyday and would approve of the mods you've done for sureThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

As far as boring everyone...nah, someone out there got educated, motivated or interested in this car to look them up, trust me!

Thanks, and yes, same for you and your family. It sux. My Dad did have some cool cars along the way... another story for another day, but like you, he is the reason I am where I am...
    1969 460 Mach-1 / 1973 GS Stage-1 / 2000 Lexus GS400 / 2004 V-Rod / 2018 Outback 3.6R

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the story on the car! Sorry about your Dad.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

9. Thanks Klasse Act, bbmach thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, bbmach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Little undercarriage detailing.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

11. Likes Big Dave, DFB, SNP209, Klasse Act, bbmach and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post
    Little undercarriage detailing.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    A beautiful Candy Apple Red '67 Mustang GT is a really nice way to start the day. :-)

Many moons ago I was intimately familiar with a friend's 'concours correct" 390 GT, with a 428...

13. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And here I am complaining about horrible, drenched-clothes humidity..............have to say I'm glad not to contend with that amount of snow!

16. Likes dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sitting eating my lunch today, watching the storm building up. No pictures of my lunch, it was a Vegemite Roll.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

18. Likes dgage, DFB, Klasse Act, bbmach, Bosko and 1 others liked this post
Page 762 of 967 FirstFirst ... 262662712752753754755756757758759760761762763764765766767768769770771772812862 ... LastLast