autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I see what you’re saying, I’d say I’m about at the limit to fit the GTI/R comfortably. It’s a spacious interior but the seat bolsters are big like you said. It fits me snug and feels good but any bigger person would be tough. I’m 1.83m tall and weigh about 108kg.
    I'm 1.77m (5'9) and 120kg (265 pounds) , but the key measurement is 60cm (24 inches) from shoulder to shoulder. Funniest thing regarding that was a glider flight I got for birthday present. The pilot sits behind the passenger, as we're taking off he says this is the first time he hasn't been able to see past his passenger. My shoulders were hard up against the cockpit on each side. I just laughed, but didn't process what he said till after we landed. Good fun though.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Cars are so relative. Had a friend who love GTI’s in his teens and young 20’s tell me that was great as a kid but he’d never drive one as a grown man. Maybe one for the wife

Basically saying same thing said about the Miata.

I personally would love a 80’s or 90’s GTI. Vr6 of course.

I don’t car the cylinders in a car long as I have the version with the most available for that model. I might make do with some euro’s that come with v12’s and make due with a v8.

I use to call Miata’s weren’t a grown mans car. Then when I owned my vert 350z i had one pull up next to me and did a decent job of keeping up.

I let him in front of me when we got to freeway because I thought it was “cute” him trying so hard.

Exit was a clover leaf which he then preceded to drift the entire clover leaf. I could not do that.

I then realized it’s not the car who makes the driver “girly”but the driver who drives the car “girly”

And Bruno’s right about one thing if you judge a car to be “girly” it’s because that’s how one see’s themselves in that car.

Drive what makes you happy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, Klasse Act, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to park the Mustang in the street while I worked on another car in the garage. Of course it had to rain this morning.

Take note, this is one of the rare occasions my Mustang will be rained on.

6. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Had to park the Mustang in the street while I worked on another car in the garage. Of course it had to rain this morning.

Take note, this is one of the rare occasions my Mustang will be rained on.

Sitting in rain is OK, better than driving in it where everything goes everywhere The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Plus a great reason to wash the car and maybe, just maybe, a reason to apply another coat of #845.

Speaking of #845, is there another LSP you've considered trying out, just curiousThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Sitting in rain is OK, better than driving in it where everything goes everywhere The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Plus a great reason to wash the car and maybe, just maybe, a reason to apply another coat of #845.

Speaking of #845, is there another LSP you've considered trying out, just curiousThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Yes, didn't need to wash off road grime in this instance. I blew it down afterwards to avoid water spotting and anyway, the Mustang is next in line for for a wash.

In terms of LSP, I tend to mix it up. I love trying different/new products so I'm not especially consistent with what I use. And for that reason, I don't use ceramic coatings on the paintwork, they last to long. I'd also note longevity is not a factory for me, I like the wax/sealant process and my cars are garage kept.

I chop and change between these -

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (Amazing stuff that works very well on my darker colored cars.)
    Collinite 845 (Love this stuff, like an faithful old friend.)
    Zaino Z5 (Not overly impressed with this.)
    Menzerna/Jescar Power Lock (Only recently used this on my fathers car, impressive stuff.)
    CarPro Reload (I was using this as a standalone for a while before circling back to 845.)
    NV Nova Lustre & NV Nova Jet (Again, used these for a while too.)

My favorites are 845 on the Mustang and Ranger, Wolfgang DGPS for the Falcon's and Jaguar.

10. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, didn't need to wash off road grime in this instance. I blew it down afterwards to avoid water spotting and anyway, the Mustang is next in line for for a wash.

In terms of LSP, I tend to mix it up. I love trying different/new products so I'm not especially consistent with what I use. And for that reason, I don't use ceramic coatings on the paintwork, they last to long. I'd also note longevity is not a factory for me, I like the wax/sealant process and my cars are garage kept.

I chop and change between these -

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (Amazing stuff that works very well on my darker colored cars.)
    Collinite 845 (Love this stuff, like an faithful old friend.)
    Zaino Z5 (Not overly impressed with this.)
    Menzerna/Jescar Power Lock (Only recently used this on my fathers car, impressive stuff.)
    CarPro Reload (I was using this as a standalone for a while before circling back to 845.)
    NV Nova Lustre & NV Nova Jet (Again, used these for a while too.)

My favorites are 845 on the Mustang and Ranger, Wolfgang DGPS for the Falcon's and Jaguar.
    I'd like to suggest the new Gyeon Wax and Turtle Wax graphene + ceramic when your ready for somethingThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to suggest the new Gyeon Wax and Turtle Wax graphene + ceramic when your ready for somethingThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Yes, the Gyeon Wax has my attention. Might have to order some.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Gyeon Wax has my attention. Might have to order some.
    The 2 I suggested I have already used. The Gyeon Wax comes complete with an applicator and nice removal towel, although the shape of the applicator might have you reaching for a traditional round or square applicator. Dispensing is easy because you use it like a deodorant stickThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Finally its unique that it needs to sit on the car for 30 minutes....THEN you remove it. I've heard/seen people talking about leaving it on overnight, wish I could do this but I don't feel good about doing that because I'm outside 24/7.

The TW graphene + ceramic paste wax is what I used on the red Rx-7 a month ago and it was very easy to apply/remove. It's a traditional application and removal and looked amazing on that Rx-7The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Looking forward to seeing what you chose next and I bet an overnight sitting on that red might make it look almost illegal to drive, depends on the temps I guess, well, humidity tooThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

14. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2 I suggested I have already used. The Gyeon Wax comes complete with an applicator and nice removal towel, although the shape of the applicator might have you reaching for a traditional round or square applicator. Dispensing is easy because you use it like a deodorant stickThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Finally its unique that it needs to sit on the car for 30 minutes....THEN you remove it. I've heard/seen people talking about leaving it on overnight, wish I could do this but I don't feel good about doing that because I'm outside 24/7.

The TW graphene + ceramic paste wax is what I used on the red Rx-7 a month ago and it was very easy to apply/remove. It's a traditional application and removal and looked amazing on that Rx-7The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Looking forward to seeing what you chose next and I bet an overnight sitting on that red might make it look almost illegal to drive, depends on the temps I guess, well, humidity tooThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Man, it must be driving you crazy having that beautiful blue Hyundai parked outside 24/7. I love having a garage, we didn't have one till we moved early last year. I had access to a warehouse, but it wasn't an overnight thing. The garage is big, but not big enough for both the FJ and Qashqai at the same time. So the Qashqai gets to be inside most of the time, it's absolutely terrible for water spots, but the FJ seems to be immune, even if I have the same protection on them. I think maybe the flat surfaces on the FJ and parking on a diagonal down hill driveway also help with the self drying, just a little breeze and the water runs off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Man, it must be driving you crazy having that beautiful blue Hyundai parked outside 24/7. I love having a garage, we didn't have one till we moved early last year. I had access to a warehouse, but it wasn't an overnight thing. The garage is big, but not big enough for both the FJ and Qashqai at the same time. So the Qashqai gets to be inside most of the time, it's absolutely terrible for water spots, but the FJ seems to be immune, even if I have the same protection on them. I think maybe the flat surfaces on the FJ and parking on a diagonal down hill driveway also help with the self drying, just a little breeze and the water runs off.

Yeah Dave it isn't ideal but because there's nothing I can do about it I just deal with it. I have the base TAC system power plus ceramic coating laid down from a year ago and many toppers/waxes ontop of it, plus it gives me an excuse to foam/dwell/rinse/dry in addition to RW & WW's, kinda feeds the addictionThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread It's therapy I need as well as being out there moving aroundThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

17. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 684 of 967 FirstFirst ... 184584634674675676677678679680681682683684685686687688689690691692693694734784 ... LastLast