autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Saw a C8 on this drive and i really wanted to like it as it’s the only thing close to a supercar i can afford.... let’s just say I’m still waiting for it to grow on me...The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    You also gotta throw in ANY Prius
    Well yeah, we all hate them but I'm being a total nerd about this but the Prius Prime could enter the ring fir sure!

My thing with the C8 is they started with a clean sheet of paper and came up with T H A T The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread BMW tried too hard and I'm not sure what Honda was doing with the Type R other than rolling around in bed with a rulerThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Saw a C8 on this drive and i really wanted to like it as it’s the only thing close to a supercar i can afford.... let’s just say I’m still waiting for it to grow on me...The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Don't let that wart grow too long, harder to removeThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    The McLaren Senna always comes to mind.
    It's just as easy to make a car beautiful than ugly.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I could almost give it a pass because it's basically a racecar, so everything back there has a purpose but if you take that away, it could be in the running.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Your killing me...I love the 992! No, it's not a 930, I'll give you that but it's not near the podium, hell, the building the ugly rear end contest is held in, compared to the C8, my God is it horribleThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

The i8 makes a serious run here, atleast it's been discontinued and Tyoe R is also a complete disaster all the way around, it may have the record for too many creases in the history of automotive design.

This is a good hijacking....waiting for Monica to come in with her pic, she's got her work cut out!

Certainly a great car, although ever since the 991 it's become too big. 997 is the way to go for a modern 911. That 992 rear is not pretty though. They didn't execute the slats very well and the black plastic near the exhaust isn't great either. Also not in love with the taillights.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Certainly a great car, although ever since the 991 it's become too big. 997 is the way to go for a modern 911. That 992 rear is not pretty though. They didn't execute the slats very well and the black plastic near the exhaust isn't great either. Also not in love with the taillights.

Your points are well made, no doubt and I agree with you about the size but to me, it's one of the few cars that has pulled off the enlargement in size well. Little factoid for you, because although I'm married to mid-year Corvette coupes I've been having a steamy affair with 911's, so this should come as no surprise, on the Carrera, the vented area out back above the engine, has its 3rd brake light in the middle, with 2 slats, flanked by 9 slats in black on each side...9 9 2, can't make this stuff upThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread I furthered my fantasy affair with the 911 by building a TURBO 992 online and without getting crazy on leather everything in the interior and I do mean EVERYTHING, i.e. heater vent surrounds and steering column, I was at $225K, damn affairs are expensiveThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Your points are well made, no doubt and I agree with you about the size but to me, it's one of the few cars that has pulled off the enlargement in size well. Little factoid for you, because although I'm married to mid-year Corvette coupes I've been having a steamy affair with 911's, so this should come as no surprise, on the Carrera, the vented area out back above the engine, has its 3rd brake light in the middle, with 2 slats, flanked by 9 slats in black on each side...9 9 2, can't make this stuff upThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread I furthered my fantasy affair with the 911 by building a TURBO 992 online and without getting crazy on leather everything in the interior and I do mean EVERYTHING, i.e. heater vent surrounds and steering column, I was at $225K, damn affairs are expensiveThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Oh yeah I knew all about the significance of the slats/vents I just don't particularly like the way they look.

And yes they are crazy expensive but it's certainly the car that is the best at everything. One of the few "super cars" that you can legitimately daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Oh yeah I knew all about the significance of the slats/vents I just don't particularly like the way they look.

And yes they are crazy expensive but it's certainly the car that is the best at everything. One of the few "super cars" that you can legitimately daily.

Daily drive...exactly! No blind spots, no people running up on trying to take a pic and causing an accident, not getting held up at the gas station, noone thinking your a DB and it's an iconic shape!

Post Thanks / Like

Daily drive...exactly! No blind spots, no people running up on trying to take a pic and causing an accident, not getting held up at the gas station, noone thinking your a DB and it's an iconic shape!

But I'd still have to go 997.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife forever...my mistress since 2009!

Page 583 of 971 FirstFirst ... 83483533573574575576577578579580581582583584585586587588589590591592593633683 ... LastLast