autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Did a wash earlier today with a new ceramic infused schampo. The side picture was not that good in the shade. Did not have the time to set it up better The hood looks nice I think.

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread-dsc_5203-jpg
    The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread-dsc_5202-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Got a few inches of snow here in MS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    Got a few inches of snow here in MS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Nice to look at for sureThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for those that weren't aware, I've been shopping for a new ride as the Audi is approaching 4yrs of age and served it's purpose very well. It was an awesome car and one I will for sure miss power wise. The time had come however to move on to keep things fresh and enjoy some new safety and convenience features she lacked. If you're in central Ohio, there's a pefectly detailed and coated S4 on the market.

That said, welcome home to my garage a brand new 2018 Midnight Black Metallic Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD loaded up with all the options including the Sensory Package and ProActive Package and a bunch of other goodies. Now off to get some rest before I detail it this weekend and line up some early modifications.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes SWETM, Bruno Soares, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@pdqgp. Great choice of color. Go bold or go home. Congrats on the new car. Have fun detailing it to the max, I’m sure you will.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

8. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @pdqgp. Great choice of color. Go bold or go home. Congrats on the new car. Have fun detailing it to the max, I’m sure you will.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread
    Thanks! I love/hate black, but this time at least it's a metallic vs pure black. Had the dealer simply pull off the plastic thus it's not been touched at all. Clear coat over a nice eye popping metallic always looks great. I can't wait until Sunday which is when I plan on giving her the business.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Well, for those that weren't aware, I've been shopping for a new ride as the Audi is approaching 4yrs of age and served it's purpose very well. It was an awesome car and one I will for sure miss power wise. The time had come however to move on to keep things fresh and enjoy some new safety and convenience features she lacked. If you're in central Ohio, there's a pefectly detailed and coated S4 on the market.

That said, welcome home to my garage a brand new 2018 Midnight Black Metallic Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD loaded up with all the options including the Sensory Package and ProActive Package and a bunch of other goodies. Now off to get some rest before I detail it this weekend and line up some early modifications.

Congrats on the new ride, those new Infiniti's are sharp! They really tweaked the outside but the interior is where they really stepped up! I watched Matt Maran review the coupe version and I was very impressed😎

What mods are planned for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Congrats on the new ride, those new Infiniti's are sharp! They really tweaked the outside but the interior is where they really stepped up! I watched Matt Maran review the coupe version and I was very impressed��

What mods are planned for it?
    Thanks! It is a mild step up in terms of features and in some ways a sideways move. Nothing is perfect but this platform is proven and I tend to buy after the "refresh" of the initial model anyway.

Modification wise, I'll be putting on some much better tires next week. I'm leasing this one so I'm not going to buy a second set of wheels and go all-out on her but I will put the stock shoes on the shelf until I wear out the Michelin Pilot AS-3's that I'm getting. I "may" not certain yet as I am still getting up to speed on the tunes, go with a light Stage 1 (to borrow such a phrase) level tune on it. Again, leasing it so I have to stay within what the stock cooling will handle, etc. She's pretty stout and has the ability to crack off a 12.7 run at about 111-112mph that's the time of a Stage 1 S4 but the MPH of a stage 2. Big drop in torque for me but I'm okay with it. Do miss twisting the S4 sideways and lighting up 4 wheels from a roll

Certainly will add tint and here's a mock-up of what I'm going to do with the headlights. The mirrors will also have a touch of "red" to bring it all together nicely. Off to buy some materials for the stripes today.

Otherwise, I'm going to enjoy her and the new technologies I now have for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Stripes?

I have Michelin AS3's for my Abarth but use them as my 3 season set up. I don't usually forget about rotation but I went 9k on them, brand new and here's the rundown. 2 tires @6/32nds, 1 tire @ 7/32nds and 1 @ 8/32nds. Now I did go to the Dragon where I put a total of 1995 miles on them and some of that was hard driving but I'm a little disappointed in the wear, granted I didn't rotate them, didn't realize the mileage got that high.

Have you looked at Continental DWS06 or their Contact line up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Stripes?
    just on my eyeliner as shown, will do a nice flowing one along the lines across the mirror too. You'd have to see it up close in person to see as I'm not sure the pics show what I'm after. I'll be doing a mock-up as I usually do.

I have Michelin AS3's for my Abarth but use them as my 3 season set up. I don't usually forget about rotation but I went 9k on them, brand new and here's the rundown. 2 tires @6/32nds, 1 tire @ 7/32nds and 1 @ 8/32nds. Now I did go to the Dragon where I put a total of 1995 miles on them and some of that was hard driving but I'm a little disappointed in the wear, granted I didn't rotate them, didn't realize the mileage got that high. Have you looked at Continental DWS06 or their Contact line up?
    Both are good. Going with AS3's since they are better for my needs. Conti's offer better traction wet and snow but the sidewall is very soft in comparison. Offers little steering precision and like to get impact breaks and bubbles in the sidewalls. AS3's handle better, have better dry traction, do good in rain and are acceptable on an AWD in low to mild snow falls. In central ohio we maybe get 6" a couple three or so times per year. Otherwise, it's just slush or mainly just cold dry roads.

Page 379 of 967 FirstFirst ... 279329369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389429479879 ... LastLast