autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OCD Detailing View Post
    Nice. Any major mods? What HP you at?
    Thanks. So far just a panel filter (K&N), ETS upper intercooler pipe and the newest Cobb Accessport with a stage 1 ots map.....for now.

We just got an AWD dyno in the city so hopefully I can get some time on there to get some numbers and a proper tune

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Be careful Evo's are golddiggers. They will take your money quick. It is so easy to make power it's addicting. I have a 2012. I'm at 500hp at all 4 wheels and it didn't take too much to get there. Converted to E85 and upgraded the turbo to a slightly bigger stock frame. It's amazing what those tiny 2 liters can produce. Probably can get another 100 HP with cams and injectors before needing to open the case and build it. I would like to get to 900hp some day just for the fun of it but I'm more into tracking it so it doesn't make sense but may still someday.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Thanks. So far just a panel filter (K&N), ETS upper intercooler pipe and the newest Cobb Accessport with a stage 1 ots map.....for now.

We just got an AWD dyno in the city so hopefully I can get some time on there to get some numbers and a proper tune

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Be careful Evo's are golddiggers. They will take your money quick. It is so easy to make power it's addicting. I have a 2012. I'm at 500hp at all 4 wheels and it didn't take too much to get there. Converted to E85 and upgraded the turbo to a slightly bigger stock frame. It's amazing what those tiny 2 liters can produce. Probably can get another 100 HP with cams and injectors before needing to open the case and build it. I would like to get to 900hp some day just for the fun of it but I'm more into tracking it so it doesn't make sense but may still someday.
    I need to get some detailing clients before I can get her up to 500HP :P 400-500 I think would be the perfect daily driver. So far she has been pretty good on my wallet though. No mechanical issues at all. Just your regular maintenance which I do myself

So now that I know you own an evo can you give my any tips on how to correct the paint? :P

I've already tried to remove the swirls and RIDS with my PC 7424XP, Sonax Perfect Finish and some LC Flat orange pads. The combo did a pretty good job but I would like to remove more. Any suggestions with the Mitsu paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea mine hasn't broken down yet. 70k miles in 3 years.

As far as detailing. I got white so I really don't see the swirls but I usually use XMT 360 and the Rupes 21 with their Yellow pad. I don't think it will remove the swirls though. I was told by a detailer before I got in the business that they have softer paint. I think when he did my car to remove swirls he used the rupes 21 and a Nano skin product but this was before I got into detailing so not sure the exact product. Meguiars MF system may work. We have that just haven't tried it on an Evo yet.

I need to get some detailing clients before I can get her up to 500HP :P 400-500 I think would be the perfect daily driver. So far she has been pretty good on my wallet though. No mechanical issues at all. Just your regular maintenance which I do myself

So now that I know you own an evo can you give my any tips on how to correct the paint? :P

I've already tried to remove the swirls and RIDS with my PC 7424XP, Sonax Perfect Finish and some LC Flat orange pads. The combo did a pretty good job but I would like to remove more. Any suggestions with the Mitsu paint?

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_8679 by Jay Pottle, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Yea mine hasn't broken down yet. 70k miles in 3 years.

As far as detailing. I got white so I really don't see the swirls but I usually use XMT 360 and the Rupes 21 with their Yellow pad. I don't think it will remove the swirls though. I was told by a detailer before I got in the business that they have softer paint. I think when he did my car to remove swirls he used the rupes 21 and a Nano skin product but this was before I got into detailing so not sure the exact product. Meguiars MF system may work. We have that just haven't tried it on an Evo yet.
    Mine has had 2 or 3 ACD/AYC pumps go but they were replaced under warranty. Mitsubishi has just recently extended the warranty on them too

Thanks for the tips My paint is almost there, I just need something with a little more bite to get rid of more swirls/rids. I might try the Pinnacle combo and see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Took this one with my cell phone (no filters)...

Post Thanks / Like

Yea you just have to try a test spot with different combos until you get it where you want it. The Rupes compounds work well and I have heard some good things about the Griots creams. We have had good look with the Rupes UHS, not sure how well it works on non Rupes machines but it did an excellent job on a Black Dodge Challenger we did. The XMT360 is great for cleaning the paint up and removing water spots. It has shocked me a few times when I thought somebody's paint looked pretty clean, but after a test spot with the XMT AIO there was a major difference. We plan on trying HD Speed in my next order. Probably going to get the Griots Boss 21 as well and try their pads.

I got white so I don't see the imperfections. LOL Even though everybody and their mother gets the white Evo. My future plans are to repaint it Lambo yellow 2 stage with the pearl in it. But that's going to be at least another 15k into the car and I already have about 30k in it not even counting the cost of the car. It's crazy how much you can do to these things. Even with 30k in Mods I could easily spend another 50k plus (I wish I had it) I don't plan on ever selling the car. It's the first car I haven't gotten bored of after the first couple of years of owning it and I have never driven something that handles so well. It's a beast at the track.I put Ohlins coil overs on it last year and it's on rails in the turns.

Mine has had 2 or 3 ACD/AYC pumps go but they were replaced under warranty. Mitsubishi has just recently extended the warranty on them too

Thanks for the tips My paint is almost there, I just need something with a little more bite to get rid of more swirls/rids. I might try the Pinnacle combo and see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea you just have to try a test spot with different combos until you get it where you want it. The Rupes compounds work well and I have heard some good things about the Griots creams. We have had good look with the Rupes UHS, not sure how well it works on non Rupes machines but it did an excellent job on a Black Dodge Challenger we did. The XMT360 is great for cleaning the paint up and removing water spots. It has shocked me a few times when I thought somebody's paint looked pretty clean, but after a test spot with the XMT AIO there was a major difference. We plan on trying HD Speed in my next order. Probably going to get the Griots Boss 21 as well and try their pads.

I got white so I don't see the imperfections. LOL Even though everybody and their mother gets the white Evo. My future plans are to repaint it Lambo yellow 2 stage with the pearl in it. But that's going to be at least another 15k into the car and I already have about 30k in it not even counting the cost of the car. It's crazy how much you can do to these things. Even with 30k in Mods I could easily spend another 50k plus (I wish I had it) I don't plan on ever selling the car. It's the first car I haven't gotten bored of after the first couple of years of owning it and I have never driven something that handles so well. It's a beast at the track.I put Ohlins coil overs on it last year and it's on rails in the turns.
    Thanks again for the tips. I've read some great things about the xmt360. Because I already have a 2in1 and wax I think I might pickup the advanced swirl remover and polish from Pinnacle and see how that works with my PC. I'm sure it will get more swirls out compared the the Sonax PF.

Haha I wanted a white evo too. They were so rare when I bought mine I had to take what little was available. I like the blue though. It has some metallic flake or whatever so it pops in the sun pretty nicely. I've auot'xed my car but not on the track. We only have one here and it's outside the city :|

Post Thanks / Like

Went out to wash the car at 6:00PM, temp outside was 99º, checked the hood temp with the IR Gun:142º

Did a flood rinse, temp 85º
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread-kimg0207-jpg   The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread-kimg0210-jpg  

Page 199 of 967 FirstFirst ... 99149189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209249299699 ... LastLast