autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Water Restrictions

Got 'em here in Palm Beach County, Can only wash my car on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 4AM to 8AM and 5PM to 7PM, and you have to wash it on grass.

I called about this, and they explained that its the CAR that is supposed to be on grass. Glad I checked, because it was taking a REALLY long time, I was getting REALLY hungry, and I was missing a lot spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCoupe
    Got 'em here in Palm Beach County, Can only wash my car on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 4AM to 8AM and 5PM to 7PM, and you have to wash it on grass.

I called about this, and they explained that its the CAR that is supposed to be on grass. Glad I checked, because it was taking a REALLY long time, I was getting REALLY hungry, and I was missing a lot spots.
    Why don't you try rinseless car wash then? DP 4-in-1, or Optimum No Rinse.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    We have them now in South West Florida too. It really sucks and they keep changing the the watering days. We actually had a lot of rain her this morning but the suns out now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops ... I washed both in the driveway last evening. Seems ridiculous we are to blame for Water Managements error in over releasing water last year during hurricane season.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    No restrictions in Upstate NY, but as I look out the window right now it is snowing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it is here too in Upstate NY... We have had a few inches on the ground since this AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So they want you to drive your car on to your yard to wash the car?! That's nuts!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate these water restrictions too! My car is the dirtiest it's ever been. I'm really tempted to go out in the next rain storm and soap it up while it's pouring. lol Although this weather we've had today is just friggin nuts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well no water restrictions here in Canada just yet, but we are not allowed to wash our vehicles neither on grass nor on our driveway. Apparently there is a law that prohibits citizens to wash vehicle because the water could get in the sewer system and I guess the fear is that a bunch of toxic chemicals or perhaps a combination of chemicals could be bad...bla bla bla...I don't remember the excuse here but all I know that if I get caught washing my vehicle at home I'll get a $500 fine...man that sucks!!!

To be honest, I don't know the entire story. I'm trying to find the true reason...maybe Calgarydetail can inform me or anyone from Canada.

I think I'm going to try DP 4-in-1, or Optimum No Rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

Killr??????

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Oops ... I washed both in the driveway last evening. Seems ridiculous we are to blame for Water Managements error in over releasing water last year during hurricane season.
    I too live in So Florida. I am using QDs and DP waterless washes. Ive been using these since the retrictions began.

Killr you surprise me, the water dsitricts mistake has nothing to do with your responsibility to conserve water at this time. I agree that we are not totally to blame for the issue (I think mother nature shares the blame with the water district and our rapid growth in South Florida).

Selfish self-centerdness and ignoring the issue only compounds the current problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast