autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Whee corrosion. How to renew

Hey guys want to try to tackle these wheels at my dealership. How do I get rid of that and make them look new. Product list and steps would be much appreciate. Thanks all and happy detailing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whee corrosion.  How to renew-photo2-jpg   Whee corrosion.  How to renew-photo-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whee corrosion. How to renew

Try some Nevr-Dull to get off the corrosion.
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the first photo it seems that some of the corrosion will just be to deep and extreme to fix.

As truckbutt said, tried some nevr-dull, other dedicated chrome wheel cleaner or wheel sealant.
    Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish
    Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant: Protective sealant that improves & maintains the appearance of wheels. wheel protection, poorboys wheel wax
    DP Wheel Glaze cleans and protects all types of wheels! Durable wheel polymer wax coating protects wheels from brake dust adhesion and corrosion.

If that doesn't work or works, but not good enough, heres what I do...
    You'll need some wheel sealant, Nevr-dull or wheel chrome polish (like Mothers) and 0000 steel wool

Step...
    1 - With your pick of wheel sealant or Nevr-dull take a finger and dig out a nickle to quarter size of the paste out and apply it to the wheel.

2 - Now take your 0000 steel wool and lighty rub the sealant and steel wool over the effected area. You should see almost immediately it working - remember to only lightly.

3 - Be sure to keep plenty of paste on the wheel while rubbing. Wipe off each time you apply more so you can see your results.

4 - Once your results are achieved, polishing the wheel may be necessary.

I have done this kind of wheel corrosion countless times. Must recent was last friday with a BMW. Owner was thrilled and is bring his wifes ride this friday. If I remember I will do a write up and post later friday night.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DealerDetailer;730902

As truckbutt said, tried some nevr-dull, other dedicated chrome wheel cleaner or wheel sealant.
    [URL="http://www.autogeek.net/eo104.html"
    Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish[/URL]
    Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant: Protective sealant that improves & maintains the appearance of wheels. wheel protection, poorboys wheel wax
    DP Wheel Glaze cleans and protects all types of wheels! Durable wheel polymer wax coating protects wheels from brake dust adhesion and corrosion.

If that doesn't work or works, but not good enough, heres what I do...
    You'll need some wheel sealant, Nevr-dull or wheel chrome polish (like Mothers) and 0000 steel wool

Step...
    1 - With your pick of wheel sealant or Nevr-dull take a finger and dig out a nickle to quarter size of the paste out and apply it to the wheel.

2 - Now take your 0000 steel wool and lighty rub the sealant and steel wool over the effected area. You should see almost immediately it working - remember to only lightly.

3 - Be sure to keep plenty of paste on the wheel while rubbing. Wipe off each time you apply more so you can see your results.

4 - Once your results are achieved, polishing the wheel may be necessary.

I have done this kind of wheel corrosion countless times. Must recent was last friday with a BMW. Owner was thrilled and is bring his wifes ride this friday. If I remember I will do a write up and post later friday night.
    Chrome or SS? My eyes seem to fail me at this moment...thanks!

VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

That picture is of the new wheel covers Dodge uses on their trucks. I really dont know ### is haha. I think its a metal cover due to the corrosion but not 100% sure

Post Thanks / Like

Thump on it to see if it feel/sounds like plastic...if so, then very easy to rub through and scratch... as opposed to chrome/steel.

Edit: On closer analysis, if it is plastic chrome, there is not much hope other than a slight lessing of the appearance of the damage.
    VT
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    Thump on it to see if it feel/sounds like plastic...if so, then very easy to rub through and scratch... as opposed to chrome/steel.

Edit: On closer analysis, if it is plastic chrome, there is not much hope other than a slight lessing of the appearance of the damage.

If its just a plastic chrome you will have to go the route of just using Nevr-Dull on a MF and rubbing it in. You can also us your APC stronger with a brush and see if that works.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I will go out on a limb and declare it to be plastic...doesn't appear to be forged or stamped metal.
    The red indicator to the far left at the point...
    and the funky bevel between the two right red indicators lead me to this conclusion.

VT

Post Thanks / Like

Shameless plugin for me right here, but I just made a video on how to insert pictures instead of making them attached as thumbnails. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...roper-way.html

I'm not sure how to fix that chrome, but I hope you get it figured out!

edit: looks like vegas transplant beat me to the punch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Shameless plugin for me right here, but I just made a video on how to insert pictures instead of making them attached as thumbnails. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...roper-way.html

I'm not sure how to fix that chrome, but I hope you get it figured out!

edit: looks like vegas transplant beat me to the punch!
    I tried to watch your video, but my limited attention span forces me to bookmark til later.

I've been saying for months that I need to take a computer class.

Web Resizer - Making Photos Faster - Optimize pictures for websites and email
    VT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast