autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Klasse AIO / SG still a good product?

I'm new here, as a former Meguire's lots of wash & waxing guy in my younger days. I ignored my car's finish for a good long time since. I don't have the inclination to wash my car every time it rains or gets a minor amount of dirt on it.

But, my car spends a good deal of time outdoors in the sun and I'd like to get a long lasting protection on my car's paint. Doing some research over the weekend, I came to this website and Klass AIO & SG caught my attention mostly because it said can last up to a year. I think I have a good feel of how to apply it after watching some videos on Youtube & a few weblinks from this forum and others.

After surfing a few forums, I don't see Klasse mentioned as much as in years past, is it still a good choice today. My primary interest is durability and protection from the sun. My car shines fine for my liking right after a good washing. If a few coats of Klasse keeps it clean a little longer, all the better. But I really like the idea of only 1 or 2 protection applications a year vs a monthly waxing.

Is a Klasse Combo kit a good place to get started ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Klasse AIO / SG still a good product?

i use to swear by them. but as i have tried new things. i dont reach for them much anymore. seem to be harder to remove than other things i try

Post Thanks / Like

It is a VERY good place to get started. Just follow the directions and use sparingly.

Post Thanks / Like

I like both the AIO and the High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Been using them for a couple of years on both cars here in Minnesota. It took me a bit to get the hang of applying HGSG so it was not so tough to remove but have to say this is the only product I have used that lasts through all the sand, salt and snow we put up with during the MN winter. Use two coats to bring up the shine.
    Have found AIO has a lot of uses around the house too. Great for cleaning and polishing kitchen appliances. I also us the AIO to clean the polycarb windshield on my motorcycle, bugs wipe off easily with a little QD.

Post Thanks / Like

As siberianrunner pointed out, KAIO is good for lots of things in addition to your car's finish. It did a great job of cleaning up the B-pillars (matte black plastic) on my Toyota, as well as the chrome-finished plastic window trim. I use it to clean and leave some protection on door jambs, hood well and trunk well, and clearcoated wheels. My brother used it on the chrome portion of his truck's nerf bars (NOT the steps, that would make them slick), and on his motorcycle wheel spokes.

Kitchen appliances? I learned a new one, too. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

good to know. After I chose my product I was interested in, I was starting to get the idea that it was an old product that is more or less dated and that I should be choosing a different product.

With all the brands / products out there, my head was starting to spin a little. I just want to get something that is durable, long lasting and will protect my car's paint finish. Nothing wrong with a little showroom finish as a byproduct.

I plan to use Klasse to seal headlights after I restore em and on aluminum wheels to protect from road grime, Brake dust, & salt.

Post Thanks / Like

products are nearly bulletproof when used together, will last six months. SG is a bugger to remove unless you use my spray bottle spritz idea.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

This is the method I plan to use.

LINK REMOVED TO COMPETITORS SITE

Buffing with M34 to remove the SG product. It looks like the easiest and most reliable method I've found online. Is that your spray bottle mist idea ????

Post Thanks / Like

Transfer 1-2 ounces into a small travel size spray bottle. Spritz once or twice for each panel, buff in, and immediately flip towel and buff off. If you get a stubborn spot, respritz and wipe until gone. Once done allow 8-24 hours for sealant to completely cure to paint.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

The AIO is really an All-Purpose-Product...
    It is mostly used as an AIO but it is a very good chemical cleaner on its own: so, you can clean windows, door jambs, emblems, exhausts, etc.
    You have newer versions of this product (Werkstät, Car-Lack - this, in fact, is the company that produces all of them) but AG doesn't carry them.
    The application process is completely surpassed by the easiness of the most recent products to hit the market.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast