autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Chicagoland Detail Day is Sept 23rd!

The day has finally been selected and first things first, the event is being held here, one of the top auto detailing shops in the U.S.A.

Chicago Auto and Car Detailing by LUSTR Auto Detail - Quality and Professional Car Detailing Services in Chicagoland

Big thanks to Ivan for allowing us to have our little get together here It looks like there's going to be 2 cars to work on, one is black Civic, ahhh, soft, black Honda paint! Not sure about the other car, but when we know something, it will posted here for sure. I threw out the idea of everyone getting a panel or section of the car to do and it seems like a good enough idea so that's the plans there so far, any other suggestions are more than welcome, this is what its all about learning something and having a good time with fellow Geeks.

Now I'd say you should bring your detailing tools with you and if for some reason you don't have a wheel, no problem, there's gong to be enough people there with one, so don't be shy, if you wanna learn how to use one, ask someone and they'll show you, not to mention we've got the owner of the shop there that can also teach you something as well, lots of options for sure. I can only speak for myself, but I'm bringing my entire arsenal, you just never know what you might need or even what someone else might need, again, this is what its all about. I say this because someone might wanna see how say, DuraGloss or BlackFire work, no problem, I've got it. You may wanna show off a particular product you like/have, say Pinnacle Souvern or Fuzion, great, bring it, I'd like to see/try out some Fuzion myself (hint, hint). Whatever you wanna bring or have, your good to go. I plan on bringing my 2 buckets and Aqua sponge so the car's can be cleaned using the rinseless method but we'll still need a hose/power washer for the wheels/wheelwells though, shouldn't be an issue at all. I'm sure the majority of the people attending have a rinseless wash but you never know, someone might be there not convinced of it, so here's you chance to see it in action, up close and personal and yes once again, you can actually step up and try it for yourself, get your hands dirty, wait, get your hands clean, LOL!

Here is the current list of who's planning on attending so far:

1. Ivan Rajic
    2. 2old2change (Paul S)
    3. Klasse Act (Roger)
    4. Larry A
    5. CH.Detailing (Connor)
    6. MadMerc (John)
    7. rzatch
    8. TimeWillTell (David)
    9. Bagua (Carlos)
    10.Divine details (chad)
    11.SK Detail (Stephan)
    12. D.Acker (Dave)

Here's the original link incase you need to get caught up on anything or are a noob to our get together:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...gether-22.html

In closing, looking forward to putting a face with a screen name, making new friends, having a good time over detailing, cars and food. Oh yeah, speaking of food, we're probably going to be ordering pizza, so try and bring some singles and five's with you, makes things sooooooo much easier.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chicagoland Detail Day is Sept 23rd!

Subscribed

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun-filled day. Enjoy folks and don't forget the PICS!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested, but couldn't find an address for the shop. Count me in!

-Tim J

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyG View Post
    I'm interested, but couldn't find an address for the shop. Count me in!

-Tim J
    Contact LUSTR
    Our services are provided by appointment only at the shop Underground Autosports. We're located on the South-West corner of Golf and Roselle streets in Hoffman Estates. The shop is situated in the West group of buildings, just North of TJ-Maxx, between Party City and Fabbrini's Flowers.

Hope this helps Tim.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Ivan will come in with the actual address for those of us whom are GPS needy, LOL!

Oh and BTW, if you wanna add yourself to the list, copy and paste your name to the list and only put the list up, thanks.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed, and the shop is 10 minutes from my house. So I should have no excuse if I don't attend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Mind putting me in a slot? CHALM (Nate).
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The day has finally been selected and first things first, the event is being held here, one of the top auto detailing shops in the U.S.A.

Chicago Auto and Car Detailing by LUSTR Auto Detail - Quality and Professional Car Detailing Services in Chicagoland

Big thanks to Ivan for allowing us to have our little get together here It looks like there's going to be 2 cars to work on, one is black Civic, ahhh, soft, black Honda paint! Not sure about the other car, but when we know something, it will posted here for sure. I threw out the idea of everyone getting a panel or section of the car to do and it seems like a good enough idea so that's the plans there so far, any other suggestions are more than welcome, this is what its all about learning something and having a good time with fellow Geeks.

Now I'd say you should bring your detailing tools with you and if for some reason you don't have a wheel, no problem, there's gong to be enough people there with one, so don't be shy, if you wanna learn how to use one, ask someone and they'll show you, not to mention we've got the owner of the shop there that can also teach you something as well, lots of options for sure. I can only speak for myself, but I'm bringing my entire arsenal, you just never know what you might need or even what someone else might need, again, this is what its all about. I say this because someone might wanna see how say, DuraGloss or BlackFire work, no problem, I've got it. You may wanna show off a particular product you like/have, say Pinnacle Souvern or Fuzion, great, bring it, I'd like to see/try out some Fuzion myself (hint, hint). Whatever you wanna bring or have, your good to go. I plan on bringing my 2 buckets and Aqua sponge so the car's can be cleaned using the rinseless method but we'll still need a hose/power washer for the wheels/wheelwells though, shouldn't be an issue at all. I'm sure the majority of the people attending have a rinseless wash but you never know, someone might be there not convinced of it, so here's you chance to see it in action, up close and personal and yes once again, you can actually step up and try it for yourself, get your hands dirty, wait, get your hands clean, LOL!

Here is the current list of who's planning on attending so far:

1. Ivan Rajic
    2. 2old2change (Paul S)
    3. Klasse Act (Roger)
    4. Larry A
    5. CH.Detailing (Connor)
    6. MadMerc (John)
    7. rzatch
    8. TimeWillTell (David)
    9. Bagua (Carlos)
    10.Divine details (chad)
    11.SK Detail (Stephan)
    12. D.Acker (Dave)

Here's the original link incase you need to get caught up on anything or are a noob to our get together:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...gether-22.html

In closing, looking forward to putting a face with a screen name, making new friends, having a good time over detailing, cars and food. Oh yeah, speaking of food, we're probably going to be ordering pizza, so try and bring some singles and five's with you, makes things sooooooo much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Ivan Rajic
    2. 2old2change (Paul S)
    3. Klasse Act (Roger)
    4. Larry A
    5. CH.Detailing (Connor)
    6. MadMerc (John)
    7. rzatch
    8. TimeWillTell (David)
    9. Bagua (Carlos)
    10.Divine details (chad)
    11.SK Detail (Stephan)
    12. D.Acker (Dave)
    13. Chalm (Nate)

Post Thanks / Like

1. Ivan Rajic
    2. 2old2change (Paul S)
    3. Klasse Act (Roger)
    4. Larry A
    5. CH.Detailing (Connor)
    6. MadMerc (John)
    7. rzatch
    8. TimeWillTell (David)
    9. Bagua (Carlos)
    10.Divine details (chad)
    11.SK Detail (Stephan)
    12. D.Acker (Dave)