autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So the city i live in declined my business license.....

I just wanted to do things right and make sure i had insurance and everything, but if they wont help me im still going to do what i do. Its good extra money and since iwork at the dealership im doing a lot of our trade ins now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayneezy View Post
    I just wanted to do things right and make sure i had insurance and everything, but if they wont help me im still going to do what i do. Its good extra money and since iwork at the dealership im doing a lot of our trade ins now.
    I absolutely understand and believe it or not I always try to do the same.....

Many times I've found when I ask someone else's permission whether or not I can perform such seemingly small tasks on MY property and they say NO I have to ask myself; WHY NOT!!

Instead of a business you're now a hobbyist....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

That's right, your not in business. You are helping a friend out. That's all. Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission!

Post Thanks / Like

The only products i really use that would drain into storm water is ironx and optimum wash. Where would i find msds sheets on them ? I guess i could always contact the manufacturer

https://www.msdsonline.com/sign-up/?type=FT

bing, key word Optimum Car Wash MSDS

http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/msd...20consumer.pdf
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    That's right, your not in business. You are helping a friend out. That's all. Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission!
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Make sure you have your insurance, and then just do it. Unfortunately local city governments have become more about gatekeeping and the collection of fees and licenses, rather than serving the public. It's also about control. If you try to go down the road of doing it totally "legitimately" it will wear you down trying to convince them to give you permission on something you have a right to do. It could also be used as an excuse to raise your property taxes.

I'm speaking from my experiences here in the US. I can imagine it's probably even worse in Canada. Seems like you guys have even more regulations.

Post Thanks / Like

The only products i really use that would drain into storm water is ironx and optimum wash. Where would i find msds sheets on them ? I guess i could always contact the manufacturer
    Yes, contact the manufacturer. Many (on their web site) have links to them. Meguiar's is a prime example of readily available MSDS.

Even though you are 'only using' these two products, there is still some 'stuff' that may come off with the run off. Having the MSDS MAY help to explain what is what.

You shouldn't have to print them all out (you'll go through a boat load of paper and ink), having them on a 'stick' and readily available should suffice.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!

Post Thanks / Like

They said it falls under the home matainence and auto repair ban in our city. I have an appeal meeting in a few weeks to state my case.

I know some of the products i use other than Iron-X are safe for the enviroment. They are worried about where my water drains. I only plan on doing 4 vehicles per week.

If anyone is able to offer info or assitance to assits my efforts id be forever grateful.
    I found an MSDS for Iron-X. It says that Iron-X is safe to put down the drain up to 5 liters if the drain water is going to a treatment facility. Also does not Bioaccumulate. Not sure about where Ledc's street drain water goes but may help you out.

Carpro Tradng Ltd. Safety Data Sheet according to REACH Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006
    Product: Iron-X Revision date: 06/04/2011
    Version: 1.02 Issue date : 11/04/2011

Section 1: IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE/PREPARATION AND OF THE COMPANY/UNDERTAKING
    Identification of the substance or preparation: Iron-X
    Use of the substance/preparation: Non-corrosive Iron Removal

Company undertaking identification: CarPro Trading Limited
    Address: 7 Lfigeneias 4th Floor strovolos, Nicosia 1687 CYPRUS
    Telephone: +972 546 411 911
    Email: sales@Cquartz.com
    Emergency telephone: +972 546 411 911

Section 2: HAZARD IDENTIFICATION
    Harmful
    Harmful if swallowed
    May cause sensitisation by skin contact

Section 3: COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
    Substances classified as dangerous according to Directive 67/548/EEC, if present (individually, or in combination) in concentrations exceeding those defined under 1907/2006.
    Name EC Number CAS Number Content (% W/W) Hazard Symbol(s) R-Phrase(s)
    Ammonium Sulfanylacetate 226-540-9 5421-46-5 3-25 T R25, R43
    Alkyl Ethoxy sulphate -------------- 68585-34-2 1-15 Xi R38, R41

Additional substances, listed according to 648/2004
    0.1% or more but less than 1%: Fragrance

Section 4: FIRST AID MEASURES
    Inhalation: If patient feels unwell, remove from exposure and keep warm and at rest. Ensure airways are clear and give oxygen if breathing is difficult. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention.

Contact with skin: Wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and water. If redness/irritation develops/persists,
    seek medical attention.

Contact with eyes: Immediately irrigate with eyewash solution or clean water. Medical advice should be sought as
    a precautionary measure.

Ingestion: Wash out mouth and dilute ingested chemicals with plenty of milk or water. Do NOT induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.

First aid facilities: Eyewash and normal washroom facilities.
    Advice to doctor: Treat symptomatically.

Section 5: FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
    *****This product is not flammable*****
    Extinguishing media: Foam, carbon dioxide, dry powder or water fog.
    Hazardous decomposition products:
    Thermal decomposition giving flammable and harmful products: Hydrogen sulphide, methymercaptan, ethylmercaptan, sulphur oxides, carbon oxides

Special fire fighting measures:
    It is advisable that fire-fighters wear self-contained positive pressure breathing apparatus and full, chemical proof, turnout gear.

Section 6: ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
    Personal precautions Suitable personal protection should be worn whilst dealing with spillage/accidental release.
    Refer to section 8 for further details.

Environmental precautions
    Wash spillage area with water to dilute. Do not discharge into natural waters without pretreatment at a water waste/sewage/biological processing plant.

Small spills (<5L) May be washed down the drain with water
    Large spills (>5L) Should be contained with absorbent material and disposed of professionally.

Notification: If this material enters the waterways, contact the Environmental Protection Authority or your
    local Waste Management Authority.

Section 7: HANDLING AND STORAGE
    Handling As with all chemical products, eye and skin protection are advisable if repeated exposure or splashing may occur. Use in a well a ventilated area and avoid inhalation of vapour or mists.
    At all times, observe good hygiene and working practices i.e. wash hands prior to eating, drinking, smoking or using toilet facilities.

Storage Store in original, closed containers, in a cool (20°C), dry and well ventilated area. Avoid sharp edges and other potential sources of puncture. Ensure product is stacked safely.

Avoid: Carbon steel, copper and copper alloys.

Section 8: EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION
    Occupational exposure limits
    No occupational exposure limits listed (EH40 – UK Health and Safety Executive) for hazardous components listed in section 3.

Ammonium Sulfanylacetate:
    INRS (FR) 2006 VME 1mg/m3
    ACGIH (US) 2007 TWA 1mg/m3

Hand/Eye/Skin Protection
    Hand, eye and skin protection should be worn if repeated exposure or splashing may occur.
    Contact with skin should be minimised, In case of spillage, rubber boots and PVC suit should be worn.

Respiratory Protection
    Not normally required due to low volatility. However, if the product is being used in an enclosed area, respiratory protection is advisable.

Section 9: PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPTERIES
    Appearance: Colourless Liquid
    Odour: Characteristic
    Freezing Point: Not available (aqueous liquid)
    Boiling point: 100 °C (same as water)
    Flash point: Does not flash
    pH: 6.5-7.0 @ 20°C (pH Neutral)
    Relative density: 1.08 g/ml @ 20°C
    Solubility: Soluble in water in all proportions

Section 10: STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
    Stability Stable under normal conditions.
    Materials to avoid Strong oxidising agents, nitric acid
    Conditions to avoid Excessive heat (more than 50°C) and cold. Direct sunlight.

Hazardous reaction products
    Thermal decomposition giving flammable and harmful products: Hydrogen sulphide, methymercaptan, ethylmercaptan, sulphur oxides, carbon oxides

Section 11: TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
    Acute toxicity: LD50 (oral, rat) 170-650 mg/Kg (adapted from OECD Guideline 423 (Acute Oral toxicity - Acute Toxic Class Method))
    Inhalation: Low risk – not volatile. May cause irritation to the mucous membrane and upper airways. Symptoms of exposure may include sneezing and coughing.

Skin: Low risk. May cause irritation and sensitisation when in contact with the skin. May result in redness and itchiness.

Eye: Low risk. May cause irritation in contact with the eyes, which may result in redness, stinging and excessive tearing.

Ingestion: Medium risk. May cause nausea, vomiting and possible abdominal pain.

Section 12: ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
    Ecotoxicity LC50 500mg/L (adapted from OECD Guideline 203 (Fish, Acute Toxicity Test))
    Persistence and degradability: Easy to eliminate.
    Biological degradability: > 90%
    Bioaccumulative potential: Does not bioaccumulate.
    Other adverse effects: None

Section 13: DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
    Dispose of according to relevant government regulations. Empty containers should be rinsed with water prior to
    disposal or recycling. If necessary, quantities greater than 5 Litres/Kilograms should be treated by a professional
    disposal company.

Section 14: TRANSPORT INFORMATION
    UN Number Proper shipping name Hazard Identification number Class Packing group
    Land transport: ADR/RID Not classified as dangerous for transport
    Sea transport: IMDG Not classified as dangerous for transport
    Air transport: IATA/ICAO Not classified as dangerous for transport

Section 15: REGULATORY INFORMATION
    Hazard symbol(s)
    Harmful Contains Ammonium Sulfanylacetate. May cause an allergic reaction.

R-phrase(s):
    R22 Harmful if swallowed
    R43 May cause sensitisation by skin contact

S-phrase(s):
    S2 Keep out of the reach of children
    S26 In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
    S37 Wear suitable gloves
    S46 If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label

Guiding information:
    This product is classified, labelled and packaged according to the Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations (United Kingdom) 2009 and to the Approved Classification and labelling Guide (Sixth Edition).

Additional reference has also been made to EC Directive 67/548/EEC (Dangerous Substances Directive) and conformity with EC Directive 1999/45/EC (Dangerous Preparations Directive) has been checked.

The surfactant(s) contained in this preparation complies(comply) with the biodegradability criteria as laid down in Regulation (EC) No.648/2004 on detergents. Data to support this assertion are held at the disposal of the competent
    authorities of the Member States and will be made available to them, at their direct request or at the request of a
    detergent manufacturer.

The information within this data sheet has been collated from EC regulation 790/2009 (amended 1272/2008), the
    CESIO recommendations for Anionic and Non-ionic surfactants (2006), the EH40/2005 Workplace Exposure limits, the
    Detergent Ingredients Database (DID-list, maintained by Ecolabelling Norway on behalf of the European Commission),
    CESIO recommendations for the classification and labelling of surfactants as “Dangerous for the Environment”,
    REACH Registered Substances Database IUCLID5) and from ingredient safety data sheets.
    The data should be considered when making any assessment under the Control of Substance Hazardous to Health
    (COSHH) Regulations.

Section 16: OTHER INFORMATION
    Full text of hazard symbols and R-phrases, if mentioned as hazardous components in section 3.
    R25 Toxic if swallowed
    R38 Irritating to skin
    R41 Risk of serious damage to eyes
    R43 May cause sensitisation by skin contact

PLEASE NOTE: the above risk phrases refer to the full strength ingredients, NOT to the Iron-X product.

Revision history:
    Revision Author date notes
    1.02 BL Scientific 06/04/11 MSDS updated to REACH specification. Classification according to DPD and CHIP.
    If you have any queries relating to this MSDS, its contents or any other safety related questions, please write to: sales@Cquartz.com

The information contained herein is believed to be accurate and is given in good faith. No warranty or guarantee is implied. Recipients must take responsibility for observing existing laws and regulations

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get a mobile license by chance?

I know in my area government is pretty harsh on home based businesses in which a customer would come to your house. If you go to the customer, not really a big deal. Once you have a mobile license, you're licensed to work anywhere, arguably including your home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123