autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gettin PC on your advice..How does this sound?

Hey guys/gals,

I've been a lurker and once in a while poster for a little while now and have learned tons thus far....Thanks.

I use the knowledge I've gained here to keep up on the appearance of my personal autos...nothing beyond that. I just purchased a new Charger a few months ago that was a left over 06 (I basically stole it...I couldn't pass up the deal). Since it sat on the lot for almost a year, it got more than a few dealer washes (ugh...). It has some very light swirls from there technique...or lack thereof. On a side note, the car I bought new in November 05 looks perfect thanks to what I learned here. Not one swirl at all...sure she has a rock chip or two, but nothing that I caused.

Soooo....my question is, are there any detailers in the F'Burg area that I could pay to remove my swirls? I can help with the prep and would love to watch the process (without getting in the way..I promise). I'd Klasse it afterwards as well.

As for just doing it myself, I really don't want to purchase a PC..I just won't use it enough. The reason I'm posting is b/c i'd rather give the business to someone that shares their knowledge here as opposed to a random detailer out of the phonebook.

Any takers or leads, let me know.

Thanks,
    Harold
    Last edited by punkey71; 04-15-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71
    Hey guys/gals,

I've been a lurker and once in a while poster for a little while now and have learned tons thus far....Thanks.

I use the knowledge I've gained here to keep up on the appearance of my personal autos...nothing beyond that. I just purchased a new Charger a few months ago that was a left over 06 (I basically stole it...I couldn't pass up the deal). Since it sat on the lot for almost a year, it got more than a few dealer washes (ugh...). It has some very light swirls from there technique...or lack thereof. On a side note, the car I bought new in November 05 looks perfect thanks to what I learned here. Not one swirl at all...sure she has a rock chip or two, but nothing that I caused.

Soooo....my question is, are there any detailers in the F'Burg area that I could pay to remove my swirls? I can help with the prep and would love to watch the process (without getting in the way..I promise). I'd Klasse it afterwards as well.

As for just doing it myself, I really don't want to purchase a PC..I just won't use it enough. The reason I'm posting is b/c i'd rather give the business to someone that shares their knowledge here as opposed to a random detailer out of the phonebook.

Any takers or leads, let me know.

Thanks,
    Harold
    Hi Harold,
    Since you have two cars to take care of and it seems you are interested in keeping your cars in good condition, why not get a pc. The cost is not that much and if your like me you would get a lot of enjoyment seeing your work. And, we would have you on this forum more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer
    Hi Harold,
    Since you have two cars to take care of and it seems you are interested in keeping your cars in good condition, why not get a pc. The cost is not that much and if your like me you would get a lot of enjoyment seeing your work. And, we would have you on this forum more.

I agree! there are some nice P.C. packages here at A.G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in NOVA. Sounds like XMT 360 would be perfect for your car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
    Im in NOVA. Sounds like XMT 360 would be perfect for your car.
    Dan,

From what I have read that sounds about right. Are you a detailer?

Thanks,
    Harold

Post Thanks / Like
    I detail during the summer. May- August.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big believer on doing things your self, I have a hard time trusting people to even let them near my vehicles let alone with a rotary or a PC. I'm a proud owner...yes I admit it..and if it's fear of the machine well just get a test panel and practice but trust me the PC is the most friendly machine that I have ever used.

Well that’s just my opinion, please don’t take it the wrong way. Besides if you get stuck you can always just post your questions or concerns here and with the combined experience here at AG you will get your answer plus lots of suggestions.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok...PC Here I Come...How does this sound?

Ok, ok....I'm getting a PC.

I've decided on the PC/Pad kit for $200 that includes the pad cleaner and pad conditioner. I'm also gonna order the XMT 360 to try on the new Charger with some D.I.S. I also have a 2001 Explorer that, while I waxed it relatively often, is covered in swirls and some scratches. I've only had paint OCD for about a year so gimmie some slack on the truck! For that I'm ordering XMT #2. I don't think I'll need #3. I'm also going to sell it soon so it need not look showroom...It actually looks good from 5-10 feet as of now, but my critical eye knows it could look a lot better. Besides, it will be good practice with something more abrasive than 360.

How does 360 compare to Klasse AIO? I'm guessing 360 has some mild abrasives Klasse doesn't...? From what i've gathered, you want to start at the least aggressive and go up if necessary...I'm wondering how well Klasse AIO with a PC would do on minor swirls? Klasse claimes it removes minor swirls, but I've only applied by hand and I know that won't get rid of swirls. I might try Klasse via PC before I try the 360 on the Charger....

Well, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Harold

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71
    Ok, ok....I'm getting a PC.

I've decided on the PC/Pad kit for $200 that includes the pad cleaner and pad conditioner. I'm also gonna order the XMT 360 to try on the new Charger with some D.I.S. I also have a 2001 Explorer that, while I waxed it relatively often, is covered in swirls and some scratches. I've only had paint OCD for about a year so gimmie some slack on the truck! For that I'm ordering XMT #2. I don't think I'll need #3. I'm also going to sell it soon so it need not look showroom...It actually looks good from 5-10 feet as of now, but my critical eye knows it could look a lot better. Besides, it will be good practice with something more abrasive than 360.

How does 360 compare to Klasse AIO? I'm guessing 360 has some mild abrasives Klasse doesn't...? From what i've gathered, you want to start at the least aggressive and go up if necessary...I'm wondering how well Klasse AIO with a PC would do on minor swirls? Klasse claimes it removes minor swirls, but I've only applied by hand and I know that won't get rid of swirls. I might try Klasse via PC before I try the 360 on the Charger....

Well, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Harold

YEAH!!! While reading the previous posts I was thinking "right on", and then you said you're getting one (PC). Geek POWER. Good going. The guys on here have your back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast