autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Renny's Upgraded Steamer

Hello!

Considering buying my first steamer for auto detailing and have pretty much decided on the VX-5000 steamer that everyone speaks of. However, there appears to be two possibilities. One is the VX-5000 that is available out of Springfield, Mo. for $795 and an upgraded hose model that Renny Doyle sell's in Idaho for around $1000. He also includes a DVD on steaming and a free loaner not including shipping both way's if yours need repairs.

Thoughts from owners of either is greatly appreciated. Is the upgraded hose worth it?

Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny's Upgraded Steamer

Doe's Renny's price include free shipping on the original unit? What is shipping on the other one from MO? I would weigh the free loaner and the dvd pretty heavily, If you do this full time and you are in constant need of a steamer. If not and this is just a weekend hobby then I would prob go with the one thats cheaper and just order the dvd from him if you wanted it for 39 bucks.
    As for the hose I can't speak on that, no experience with it.

Post Thanks / Like

The shipping from Vapor Systems is free. Not sure what the fee for shipping is on the upgraded unit from Idaho. I have not seen anything that states free shipping. Probably $30 bucks or so since the unit weights over 20LBs.

Also considering a detailing cart to put the unit on. I saw one post that stated he kept his unit on a stiff foam pad on top of his detailing cart in an effort to keep the hose from kinking due to the way the top of his cart was built. If anyone has had good success with a particular cart on wheels feel free to chime in.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this up. Still hoping to hear from people with experience with the hose on either of these units and detailing carts that work well with these steamers.

Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than starting another steamer thread I'll ask here ........ Anyone that has the VX 5000 how is on for exterior paint detailing are the any videos of it in use on exterior detailing that you have and your thoughts on exterior detailing with the VX 5000.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll chime in here. The VX5000 that I have is not suitable for the entire exterior of my car. I did not buy it for that. I wanted something that gets into nooks and crannies, door and hatch jams, interior, engine and underside. It does that to my satisfaction. Do I wish for a more powerful unit?....you bet. The Optima is on my wish list.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the VX5K is good for small directed areas. Renny's unit is just the same thing with a longer upgraded hose (which you can build yourself) and the cart/free loaner. Renny route would be great if you're full time and need a big unit. V5K is best if you are a DIYer and smaller operation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Yes the VX5K is good for small directed areas. Renny's unit is just the same thing with a longer upgraded hose (which you can build yourself) and the cart/free loaner. Renny route would be great if you're full time and need a big unit. V5K is best if you are a DIYer and smaller operation.
    THANKS @klink10
    @woob was thinking of something for winters on east coast so since I detail outside once 32 degrees and.below hit I could still work