autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile How can I get more business for a motorcycle detailing Business?

Hi guys,

We charge $80 for a full detail and run adds in local papers. Any and all ideas are welcome. If someone has done detailing and can tell us what the marketplace is really like will be helpful.

Thanks in advance
    Alvin Bret

Post Thanks / Like
    80 bucks for a full detail on a motorcycle and your not swapped with business? Most people that ride don't ride solo and spread the word quick if your knocking out amazing results. Try asking your customers to spread the word if they like the results. Or if there are any rallies in your area hit them up and have about a thousand business cards ready. Car shows usually have bike shows as well so that's another place to meet clients. Good luck
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How can I get more business for a motorcycle detailing Business?

having done this in the past maybe your too cheap on your prices? I charged $200 base for a bagger style bike and up depending how much needed to be removed for detailing. Moved and closed my shop but had fun and made some good customer friends too!
    Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How can I get more business for a motorcycle detailing Business?

I don't do motorcycles and here's why. I used to own a Harley and spent a lot of time with other guys who own and ride. Part of the Harley thing is keeping the bike looking good and showing it off. You know that when you buy the bike. Detailing is part of the lifestyle of owning a bike. Those guys really like to take care of thier own bike. They take pride in ownership and often don't want anyone messing with thier ride.

Good luck if you can find a steady stream of bike business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    I don't do motorcycles and here's why. I used to own a Harley and spent a lot of time with other guys who own and ride. Part of the Harley thing is keeping the bike looking good and showing it off. You know that when you buy the bike. Detailing is part of the lifestyle of owning a bike. Those guys really like to take care of thier own bike. They take pride in ownership and often don't want anyone messing with thier ride.

Good luck if you can find a steady stream of bike business.
    This is kinda true, but there are a lot of owners that ride, that have more money then time and want to look good while riding but don't have the hours to put in the work and are willing to pay. Find them
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfections View Post
    This is kinda true, but there are a lot of owners that ride, that have more money then time and want to look good while riding but don't have the hours to put in the work and are willing to pay. Find them
    I also agree. I get older riders who don't have the youth and energy to be detailing their bikes. Targeting the right clientel is key.