autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose

Post Thanks / Like

Help me choose

Going to buy a DA right now cant decide. I really want the FLEX but I am only purchasing a DA for a wax job I am going to be doing next week. (getting tired doing wax by hand).
    If anything I will be buying the FLEX soon. Using whatever DA I buy today for just waxing and a backup and the flex for correction.
    Unless yall can convince me just to buy the flex now lol As of right now I am not doing correction work for clients. So keep this in mind.
    From a biz point of view what would be practical way to go: PC kit, Griots Kit or maybe Flex kit? (With only waxing in mind!)

Griots Garage Random Orbital Polish & Wax Kit, Griots Garage Dual Action Polisher, Griots machine polishes, Best of Show Wax

Porter Cable 7424 Car Buffer, 7424 Polisher

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me choose

Quote Originally Posted by craz0boy View Post
    Going to buy a DA right now cant decide. I really want the FLEX but I am only purchasing a DA for a wax job I am going to be doing next week. (getting tired doing wax by hand).
    If anything I will be buying the FLEX soon. Using whatever DA I buy today for just waxing and a backup and the flex for correction.
    Unless yall can convince me just to buy the flex now lol As of right now I am not doing correction work for clients. So keep this in mind.
    From a biz point of view what would be practical way to go: PC kit, Griots Kit or maybe Flex kit? (With only waxing in mind!)

Griots Garage Random Orbital Polish & Wax Kit, Griots Garage Dual Action Polisher, Griots machine polishes, Best of Show Wax

Porter Cable 7424 Car Buffer, 7424 Polisher
    Keeping in mind I love my GG6 the PC/XP is a bit smaller. You can use it now for wax and in the future you can use it for wax and correction with small pads like 3 and 4" for tight areas, the flex can be big for some tight spots. So my vote is PC/XP
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Keeping in mind I love my GG6 the PC/XP is a bit smaller. You can use it now for wax and in the future you can use it for wax and correction with small pads like 3 and 4" for tight areas, the flex can be big for some tight spots. So my vote is PC/XP
    PC takes the lead with one vote! lol but good point about PC being smaller for those tight spots

Super Member Detail-Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots has lifetime warranty.
    May I suggest use with 5.5 pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heck View Post
    Griots has lifetime warranty.
    May I suggest use with 5.5 pads.
    PC- 1
    GG6- 1

I forgot about GG6 warranty. +1

Post Thanks / Like

Porter Cable 7424XP without a doubt. Lays down sealants and waxes so easily. Even though I prefer waxing with a paste wax by hand.

I have been seeing threads about problems with the Griot's and Meg's DA's. But none to little with the PCXP. Either of those machines will work fine. But my PC has been working for 2 years strong and doesn't show a sign of being tired.

PC gets my vote!

Oh and here is a nice polisher and pad kit!

If you’re in the market for a dual action polisher, look no further than the Porter Cable 7424!
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

This seems like a no brainer to me. Go with the Flex. It's awesome. You will have the best of both worlds then. It can easily lay down wax and it can correct paint almost as good as a rotary.

Why waste the money on a PC when you know you'll be buying a Flex in the near future anyways? Waste your money on some overly priced waxed and charge more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Porter Cable 7424XP without a doubt. Lays down sealants and waxes so easily. Even though I prefer waxing with a paste wax by hand.

I have been seeing threads about problems with the Griot's and Meg's DA's. But none to little with the PCXP. Either of those machines will work fine. But my PC has been working for 2 years strong and doesn't show a sign of being tired.

PC gets my vote!

Oh and here is a nice polisher and pad kit!

If you’re in the market for a dual action polisher, look no further than the Porter Cable 7424!
    Yeah I was looking at that kit, looks like a sweet deal.

PC- 2
    GG6- 1
    Flex - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tinwhiskers View Post
    This seems like a no brainer to me. Go with the Flex. It's awesome. You will have the best of both worlds then. It can easily lay down wax and it can correct paint almost as good as a rotary.

Why waste the money on a PC when you know you'll be buying a Flex in the near future anyways? Waste your money on some overly priced waxed and charge more!
    Yes good point im also getting my bro into detailing so was thinking he could learn on something like the PC and big daddy Flex for me lol

Post Thanks / Like

Update GG6 gets another vote from a buddy of mine couple citys away. Also pointing out about the warranty.
    Ill be making my decision by 12am central time. keep the votes coming in!

PC- 2
    GG6- 2
    Flex - 1

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the money go flex. If you don't have the money for the flex but have the money for the griots go with the griots. I have a pc and gg and the pc sits in the bag

Ed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast