autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Danger ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Royal Brown. It's not acidic and works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Danger ?

Quote Originally Posted by Largebore View Post
    I got to respect Setecs advice. Got to get rid of this stuff. Donate to local pro.
    You know, there's two sides to every issue. As tinwhiskers noted, in an industrial setting you HAVE to have the proper training and safety equipment. Because of good training and practices, he's never had to use his emergency equipment. But if he did, it's there, and his guys know when and how to use it.

A garage/detailing shop is a little less controlled environment, but you can still have the appropriate training/equipment, and it can be no big deal to use chemicals like this.

Employers, parents, spouses, have a responsibility to keep their employees, children, and spouses safe. As I pointed out earlier, I think it's irresponsible for someone who is used to handling hazardous chemicals to suggest it's "no big deal" to an audience (the members of AGO) that may include people who are young, inexperienced, or have no common sense when dealing with hazards, and who might be using this stuff in their driveway or garage and storing it in their basement. I remember a member on another forum had a half gallon or so of WB spill behind the seat of his pickup while he was driving...great!

Maybe some of you thought it was funny when you were a teenager to tell the little kid down the street to drink drain cleaner, but eventually you have to grow up and be responsible.

Anyway, Largebore, WB is fairly diluted as far as HF goes, if you're careful with it, you should be ok. I just have gotten to the point in my life where I don't want to have to worry about so much stuff, so I choose to not worry about being around HF.

And I think this should about wrap things up on this topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You know, there's two sides to every issue. As tinwhiskers noted, in an industrial setting you HAVE to have the proper training and safety equipment. Because of good training and practices, he's never had to use his emergency equipment. But if he did, it's there, and his guys know when and how to use it.

A garage/detailing shop is a little less controlled environment, but you can still have the appropriate training/equipment, and it can be no big deal to use chemicals like this.

Employers, parents, spouses, have a responsibility to keep their employees, children, and spouses safe. As I pointed out earlier, I think it's irresponsible for someone who is used to handling hazardous chemicals to suggest it's "no big deal" to an audience (the members of AGO) that may include people who are young, inexperienced, or have no common sense when dealing with hazards, and who might be using this stuff in their driveway or garage and storing it in their basement. I remember a member on another forum had a half gallon or so of WB spill behind the seat of his pickup while he was driving...great!

Maybe some of you thought it was funny when you were a teenager to tell the little kid down the street to drink drain cleaner, but eventually you have to grow up and be responsible.

Anyway, Largebore, WB is fairly diluted as far as HF goes, if you're careful with it, you should be ok. I just have gotten to the point in my life where I don't want to have to worry about so much stuff, so I choose to not worry about being around HF.

Yep. Thankyou
    2013 Infinity JX35 White Pearl, 2009 BMW 528XI White
    1969 Primrose Yellow 4.2 XKE
    2002 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 7.3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Amen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123