autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not your ordinary "Favorite Wash Shampoo" thread

This is still a "What's your favorite shampoo" thread, but what makes it different is i'm not concerned with price lol, and the threads I have found are a few years old. I have tried Pinnacle and Wolfgang both of which I like. I tried the Black Fire, but it seemed to lack lubricity compared to Wolfgang and Pinnacle. I've heard a few people mention Duragloss 901 which i'm thinking about purchasing soon, but I didn't know if the biggest reason people like it is because of price. I do not want Meguiar's or anything I can purchase at Autozone.

Regardless of price, what is your favorite shampoo? What makes you so fond of it? Lubricity, cleaning ability, shine?

Thanks!
    2012 black Mustang-Magnaflow axle-backs, Barton Short throw shifter and bracket, Airaid Cold Air Intake, American Muscle Tuner, Saleen bumper/grill combo, and HID's.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not your ordinary "Favorite Wash Shampoo" thread

You'll be surprised how well DG901 works. I love the smell, lubricity, cleaning ability and the price of course. My other favorite is Blackfire Wet Diamond Condition Shampoo. Easiest shampoo to rinse and makes the surface super slick after drying!
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

What was your dilution ratio of the Blackfire? I usually use about 1 oz to 2-3 gallons of Pinnacle and Wolfgang. I did the same with Blackfire, but it just seemed to lack in lubricity.

I will more than likely try the DG901 since i've heard quite a bit about it.
    2012 black Mustang-Magnaflow axle-backs, Barton Short throw shifter and bracket, Airaid Cold Air Intake, American Muscle Tuner, Saleen bumper/grill combo, and HID's.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for 901. Zaino Z7 and DP Auto Bath Shampoo have worked well also.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessMustang View Post
    What was your dilution ratio of the Blackfire? I usually use about 1 oz to 2-3 gallons of Pinnacle and Wolfgang. I did the same with Blackfire, but it just seemed to lack in lubricity.

I will more than likely try the DG901 since i've heard quite a bit about it.
    I actually used a little less than an ounce. It worked for me. Try experimenting with products and you'll be surprised how some work!
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

i just got me a gallon of DG 902, im seeing now on its page in the title it is called 902 but in the description it is called 901 and has the same exact description. are they the same?

128 oz. Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate (CWC) #902

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate and Optimum Car Wash are tied for me. DG 901 is very slick, cleans great, and leaves a little gloss behind. What I like the most about it is I can wash the entire vehicle before rinsing without fear of water spots. With Optimum, it is very slick as well, cleans just as good, and the suds do not die! I literally have to scrape the suds out of my rinse bucket about half way through the wash. A 3rd favorite for me is Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash & Wax. Another soap that I really like is not sold here so I won't say it's name, but it is named after a guy and his polishes. It looks a lot like Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

I swear by ocw. That stuff is amazing.

It doesn't remove wax or sealants, it's very concentrated, suds and lubricates for the wash. It's also very cost efficient. I'd suggesting for a try.
    2007 Audi A4 3.2 Brilliant Black

"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    i just got me a gallon of DG 902, im seeing now on its page in the title it is called 902 but in the description it is called 901 and has the same exact description. are they the same?

Hmm that's strange. I enlarged the picture and it says 902, but like you said, it says 901 in the description

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post

Yes it is. 901 is the 16oz., 902 is the gallon, and 903 is the 64oz.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast