autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

New 5" Hybrid Pads on Flex 3401

New 5" Hybrid Pads on Flex 3401

Here's the new 5" Hybrid Pads that fit the 4" backing plate adapter for the Flex 3401 or any 4" backing plate for rotary buffers.

We'll be using these pads on this week's Live Video Broadcast.

Check it out...

Thursday, June 12th starting at 5:00pm

Find the pads and the adapter on Autogeek.net

Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish 5 Inch Foam Pads

FLEX XC3401 Changeable Backing Plate System

Mike Phillips

Re: New 5" Hybrid Pads on Flex 3401

Info about each pads color and cut...

5 inch Hybrid Orange Heavy Cutting Pad
    This hybrid foam pad provides the level of cut expected from a foam cutting pad, but finishes like a foam finishing pad! It removes most paint imperfections and leaves a finish that is nearly wax ready.

5 inch Hybrid Blue Light Cutting Pad
    This light cutting pad features super dense construction which enables it to remove defects quickly without compressing, like softer pads can.

5 inch Hybrid White Polishing Pad
    The white hybrid pad features very dense foam. Use this pad to remove light imperfections, apply a light polish, cleaner wax, and any jobs for which you'd use the standard Lake Country white polishing pad.

5 inch Hybrid Black Finishing Pad
    This pad provides no mechanical cutting ability but thanks to its dense foam, it provides superior control while polishing. It features super soft foam, which makes it ideal for finishing polishes, waxes, sealants, and glazes.

Post Thanks / Like

So are these pads good for any DA? Or more designed for a forced rotation application? ( rotory/3401) My hope would be that they finish a lot like the HYdro Tech's but be more durable.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post

So are these pads good for any DA? Or more designed for a forced rotation application? ( rotary/3401)
    Good question...

I don't think I've tried them on any of the DA's that free spin personally but they do work. Keep in mind thinner pads tend to work more efficiently on free spinning tools than thicker pads.

I'll have some of the guys use them on the Griot's, Megs and PC's tomorrow, just need to check backing plate fitment first.

My hope would be that they finish a lot like the Hydro Techs but be more durable.
    That's supposed to be one of the features for this new hybrid foam technology according to Eric Dunn...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Good question...

I don't think I've tried them on any of the DA's that free spin personally but they do work. Keep in mind thinner pads tend to work more efficiently on free spinning tools than thicker pads.

I'll have some of the guys use them on the Griot's, Megs and PC's tomorrow, just need to check backing plate fitment first.
    Great, I'll be interested to see what you find comparing to other pads.

That's supposed to be one of the features for this new hybrid foam technology according to Eric Dunn...
    That's exciting! I hope they fit the 4-3/4" da backing plates ok. I like the idea of a 5" pad but also find it odd they did not stick to a standard size when making these. Looking forward to reading reviews.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Mike Phillips

That's exciting! I hope they fit the 4-3/4" da backing plates ok. I like the idea of a 5" pad but also find it odd they did not stick to a standard size when making these.

There's two sides to every coin. Where you want these pads to fit the 4 3/4" diameter backing plates we had another member asking for pads with velcro backing that fit the 4" backing plate but larger than a 4" diameter face on the pad.

New LC Flex Plate system

Post Thanks / Like

There's two sides to every coin. Where you want these pads to fit the 4 3/4" diameter backing plates we had another member asking for pads with velcro backing that fit the 4" backing plate but larger than a 4" diameter face on the pad.

New LC Flex Plate system

I know what you mean! Everyone wants something different. If these pads are as good as they sound I have no problem adding a 4" backing plate to my supplies, I have a 3.5" but I think that is to small ...... Excited to see how these work out! Next everyone will want them in a 7/8" thin version ..... Including me! Lol

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this post Mike....I've been anxiously awaiting this review since our phone conversion two weeks ago.

-Nate

Post Thanks / Like

So are these pads good for any DA? Or more designed for a forced rotation application? ( rotory/3401) My hope would be that they finish a lot like the HYdro Tech's but be more durable.
    If it helps I used the 6.5 inch Hybrid pads with a GG ROP and got great results. I used the blue light cutting with griots AIO and the black with PO 85RD (different cars).

I just do this as a hobby, so take my thoughts with a gain of salt, but I found the foam to be very easy to work with and they held up much better than my CCS pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRex View Post
    If it helps I used the 6.5 inch Hybrid pads with a GG ROP and got great results. I used the blue light cutting with griots AIO and the black with PO 85RD (different cars).

I just do this as a hobby, so take my thoughts with a gain of salt, but I found the foam to be very easy to work with and they held up much better than my CCS pads.
    Thanks,
    I don't take anyone's thoughts/opinions with a grain of salt. It's good information to have.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast