autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DuraGloss #111 clearcoat polish....thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I see. I haven't used ZFX so I can't comment how it compares to 601. Is ZAIO thinner than 501 or similar
    I think ZAIO maybe a little thinner but it acts like it has oil in with it as it spreads easily. In the end when buffed they both appear to have the same slickness.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

All this discussion of ZAIO and 501 makes me wonder how 501 mixed with Aqua Wax would work. Make it spread easier and cover more ground ?. Aqua Wax mixed with 105 ?.
    Richard would you please give your thoughts on this.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly that never crossed my mind. Try it.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we can get Klasse to mix up 4 parts polish to 1 part Aqua Wax and try it, he seems to be polishing every day. What do you say Klasse ?. If not I might try it this weekend.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have #501, so I'm out, I've got AW, #101, #111 and PBA right now. I would like to see how this experiment works itself out. Now as far as applying/removal. I've used both Zaino and ofcoarse DG and find DG VERY easy to remove, it says you can use in the sun and last weekend I did just that, in the sun during the afternoon w/o a hint of problems removing it. Now the only thing I can think of is its being applied too much, what else can it be? I bought and use the PBA to add to the durability and enhanced gloss per their claim and as of right now, I have NO reason to not believe that its doing what it claims to be doing.

Would like to see the AW/501 mix and what happens, please report back to the class on Monday, LOL!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I plan on mixing up 1 oz at a time when I do this, I also plan on getting the #101 very soon too, really wanna add some product with a slight amount of cleaners in there from time to time.

A little side note, my buddy Derek0609 told me that he went into a CarQuest today and wanted to buy some #111 and check this out, they're phasing it out for Surf City wax or whatever its called, really.......anyone know anything about this, sounds like a pure hype product to me and I bet its not better than DG. I need to find out if this is true with all the stores, if so, I'm going to see if they're clearing out their stuff near me, maybe it will go on sale......hmmmm!

Just stopped by Carquest to buy some Duragloss myself and the guy there said they are going to quit carrying it. Nothing was on sale however.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks man, looks like its a regional thing and if this infact the case, APB TO ALL ILLINOIS STATE POLICE......DO NOT ALLOW SURF CITY WAX PEOPLE IN THE STATE....THAT IS ALL, OVER AND OUT!

I say Surf City due to what they told my buddy Derek back in the metro Detroit area. I know this, with my gift of gab, I could sell DG products to auto parts stores around the country, I've already got lots of the product on my ride, love the product, easy to use and I know how to get people to see things my way....kill em' with kindness and just show em'......simple. I've got the hybrid so the driving around the country isn't going to cost DG too much money.....WHAT DO YOU THINK DG? This product has to be waaaaay better than Surf City!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Most NAPA stores will get you DG products from their warehouse overnight with no shipping charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think DG should revamp there packaging and labeling if they want to compete. In the retail market It looks a little bit 1980s. Unfortunately, most non detailers probably would buy a Surf City product, apposed to a DG product, as the packaging is more "gimmicky" and modern. Also, I think they should consider classifying their products more in line with other manufactures.

It seems like they call almost every LSP a "polish". Polish to me means something to correct defects. It's says nothing of the great protection the products are known for. I think of they called it something like: Duragloss 1 step: Cleans, Polishes, and Protects, they would sell a lot more retail LSP or AIO style products. Maybe consider calling their sealant only product, just that a "sealant". The numbers mean nothing to your average Saturday car washer at NAPA. Maybe that is not the market they are going after, don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I think DG should revamp there packaging and labeling if they want to compete. In the retail market It looks a little bit 1980s. Unfortunately, most non detailers probably would buy a Surf City product, apposed to a DG product, as the packaging is more "gimmicky" and modern. Also, I think they should consider classifying their products more in line with other manufactures.

It seems like they call almost every LSP a "polish". Polish to me means something to correct defects. It's says nothing of the great protection the products are known for. I think of they called it something like: Duragloss 1 step: Cleans, Polishes, and Protects, they would sell a lot more retail LSP or AIO style products. Maybe consider calling their sealant only product, just that a "sealant". The numbers mean nothing to your average Saturday car washer at NAPA. Maybe that is not the market they are going after, don't know.
    I agree with you to a point Swan, its true that the "masses" buy into gimmicks but to me, a serious consumer of these products, I have no issue with the packaging. Now as far as making the products more clear as to what they do, well, I couldn't agree with you more and your really onto something here for sure. I mean, you, I and everyone else figure it out but the "average Joe" out there doesn't get it and if it seems confusing, well, they'll grab something else, probably something that's in a dated, dark red bottle (clearing my throat) The point you made about calling their products a "polish" is dead center bullseye!!! Again, we all know what it does but the "average Joe" see's polish and says to himself, "well I'm looking for something that protects, not polishes". If you read you then know what it does, but when its on the shelf, well, you see words like POLISH and WAX, then ol' Joe grabs what he needs and its a pity too because even #101 offers protection and polishing traits, so he'd be best served going with that over something in the dark, red bottle.

If the guys/gals at DG see our comments Swan maybe we'll get real lucky and they'll bring over their spray on sealant too....BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME or in this case, SHIP IT OVER AND THEY WILL BUY!!

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast