autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DuraGloss #111 clearcoat polish....thoughts

Shortspark--Why not just add a coat of 111 after your next wash???

I know what you mean about the 105--I put a coat of 105 (topped with AquaWax) on my wife's new BLACK Golf and it looks as good as anything I've seen.

Another advantage I've noticed with 105--on my medium green Passat I never had water spots or etching in the 5 years when using 105 exclusively but recently I tried a hybrid sealant/wax. Look was fantastic, but had to leave my car outdoors for a week during occasional rain and very hot days--sure enough water spots and light etching.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ski2, I can always try the 111 after the next wash instead of just doing my normal after wash squirt of AquaWax - and I probably will. That is the nice thing about staying with one group because all the products go with each other and there is seldom an issue of compatibility. It might seem boring but I like the idea of using various products from one company, especially one like Duragloss whose products all perform so well.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shortspark, wait till you add the #111 after a good wash, let it sit for an hour or so (longer the better) and remove, that white will Glisten, not just glisten! If you want to though, apply a coat of #111 and leave it on overnight and then the next morning, spray your AW over it and remove it like that, this way you remove the AW along with adding another coat of protection, 2 for one! I did this this morning and my car looks awesome, the metallic seems to "float" around, almost looks alive, "3D" even! Now granted I'm not your usual AG member, one look at my sig tells you all you need to know about me but let me tell you this, no matter I try next, #111 is always going to be in my bag from now on, its available at my local CarQuest too, so if I need some and don't have any order places with AG, its right there for the taking, along with AW and #105 for that matter. On my next AG order though, I'm ordering the bonding agent to make flashing possible, this way I can get multiple layers on in the fall, right before the white stuff falls.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips Klasse Act. Yes, I noticed your signature some time ago. When I first started getting serious about caring for my cars by using quality products and not just store bought junk, I went immediately towards Klasse. Their AIO and Sealant Glaze was my go to products for longer than I care to remember.

I still have bottles of each that are now seven years old and the liquid still looks great (I always keep them inside and never in the garage, at least not here in this Texas heat!). I am sure I could use them today on a car with excellent results. They changed formulas about ten years ago or so and some say they can tell a difference but I can't. I have used diluted Klasse AIO for everything from shower stalls to cleaning hot tubs and counter tile and it works as well for those things as it does on a car. Great products even to this day!

And here is a tip you may or may not be aware of - a home brew quick detailer that is nearly as good as AquaWax over sealant for your left over AIO (it is best applied thin so a bottle lasts forever). It is made up of three parts distilled water to one part AIO. It won't clean like some QDs will but it will provide a great boost to the paint ala AquaWax. Some people like it a little more diluted with additional water but 3:1 works good for me. AquaWax is cheap but this Klasse "home brew" is cheaper yet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wonder if Dura Gloss is working on making a clear seal type sealant like BF, Optimum, Zaino and others have? Richy.....any thing you'd like to add to this???
    They have one - Enviro Shield - but it's not sold in the US.

Francis
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post

Francis
    Is it because of the chemicals that make this product? How much is it? Is there any way we can possibly get it? Anyone....Richy?

Post Thanks / Like

Your right on target with this post for sure Joe, I'm a big fan of BFWD also, got a bottle of it right now and was using it in conjunction with BF Crystal Seal and really liked the results. There is some dusting issues but its not that bad IMO, there's NO issue with dusting with #111 though.

What type and color of car are you using the #111 on Joe?

I wonder if Dura Gloss is working on making a clear seal type sealant like BF, Optimum, Zaino and others have? Richy.....any thing you'd like to add to this???
    Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post

Francis
    Is it because of the chemicals that make this product? How much is it? Is there any way we can possibly get it? Anyone....Richy?
    DG makes products for other companies all over the world. I have a sample of a clear sealant being sent to me that they're making for someone else. That's all I can say for now, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post
    T
    And here is a tip you may or may not be aware of - a home brew quick detailer that is nearly as good as AquaWax over sealant for your left over AIO (it is best applied thin so a bottle lasts forever). It is made up of three parts distilled water to one part AIO. It won't clean like some QDs will but it will provide a great boost to the paint ala AquaWax. Some people like it a little more diluted with additional water but 3:1 works good for me. AquaWax is cheap but this Klasse "home brew" is cheaper yet!!
    i thought i read this home brew tip was with the KSG not the KAIO...glad i didnt try it out yet! haha
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Post Thanks / Like

No idea why - maybe Z has an exclusivity agreement with DG, so they're the only ones who can sell it in the US? You can get more info about the product on the Duragloss Malaysia website. DG seem to have a number of products available in other countries that are not sold in the US - heck, they already have a coating, NanoGlass, available in South-East Asia.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
    i thought i read this home brew tip was with the KSG not the KAIO...glad i didnt try it out yet! haha
    When I make up my quick detailer using my current rinseless wash, I add 2 oz of KSG into the gallon and it works very well, I use it on my car just about everyday or every other day, I took that tip and ran with it

Thanks for the info Richy and let the powers that be know this, "build it and they will come".

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast