autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucas Slick Mist

Has anyone used Lucas Slick Mist. and what did you think of it? Also, I understand that Slick Mist is a silicone based product and what would be the ramifications of using this product and then using a wax or sealant afterwards.

Thanks,

novaman

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucas Slick Mist

isn't it a quick detailer as opposed to a wax? I bought it cause I liked the spray bottle (it's what I use to dilute OPC now) and it's pretty good. Smells like Showtime from Mothers.

Can't say that I've noticed any bonding issues because of it.

Unless you're painting a car, I don't think you have to worry too much about silicones...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    isn't it a quick detailer as opposed to a wax? I bought it cause I liked the spray bottle (it's what I use to dilute OPC now) and it's pretty good. Smells like Showtime from Mothers.

Can't say that I've noticed any bonding issues because of it.

Unless you're paint nga car, I don't think you have to worry too much about silicones...
    Yes, that's what I heard about silicone's and painting a car. I don't really understand how it affects the painting of a car. Is it hard to get off, I wonder? As far as being a quick detailer, on the lable of the bottle I have it says "Lucas Slick Mist"/fast & easy speed wax. It claims to be able to be used on a wet or dry vehicle. So I think its a cross between a QD and a quick wax.

novaman

Post Thanks / Like

I've often wondered why anyone would be concerned about silicone and painting a car. Don't painters prep the surface before painting?
    Quote Originally Posted by novaman View Post
    Yes, that's what I heard about silicone's and painting a car. I don't really understand how it affects the painting of a car. Is it hard to get off, I wonder? As far as being a quick detailer, on the lable of the bottle I have it says "Lucas Slick Mist"/fast & easy speed wax. It claims to be able to be used on a wet or dry vehicle. So I think its a cross between a QD and a quick wax.

novaman

Post Thanks / Like

silicones were mentioned re: body shop environment...

they are the devil. silicones are bad words can inadvertantly contaminate the prep and paint process very easily even with the most careful prep , so therefore they must be avoided at all costs in the shop.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what body shop safe means, but my point is if there were a silicone base product on the paint should the customer be concerned if he is using a reputable painter?
    Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    silicones were mentioned re: body shop environment...

they are the devil. silicones are bad words can inadvertantly contaminate the prep and paint process very easily even with the most careful prep , so therefore they must be avoided at all costs in the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I know what body shop safe means, but my point is if there were a silicone base product on the paint should the customer be concerned if he is using a reputable painter?
    oh, i see. nope, shouldn't be concerned (shop shouldn't, customer shouldn't). it's just that they won't use them there, but shops are prepared for all sorts of cars to be coming through with just about anything on them. the average reputable shop can handle that without issue.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I use slick mist as a drying aid and really like it,smells good,doesn't streak and it's available over the counter which is a big plus for me.I never thought about lasting protection because I use it after every wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it as a drying aid also on my own vehicles. It makes the paint look really slick. I haven't used a wax or sealant on top of it, I don't believe it will cause any harm tho.
    Detail Elite - Premium Automotive Detailing
    www.facebook.com/detailelite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEST SIDE View Post
    I use slick mist as a drying aid and really like it,smells good,doesn't streak and it's available over the counter which is a big plus for me.I never thought about lasting protection because I use it after every wash.
    I use it on my wifes MB and I use it on shops van and my Camaro. I use it when I dry cars and gives it a nice shine $8.95 Wall World.

As a quick detailer I use this
    Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine, finish care quick detailer, ultra slick detail spray