autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product line.

Post Thanks / Like

Product line.

I have a product line from a comp. out of Venice,fl that runs a truck in Naples. There called mark supply. I call the supply guy and it takes about a week for him to get back to me. Second thing, I did a black Lexus is350 last week . Swirl ,rids, holo. Remove . The car looked amazing after I did the job. I saw the car a week later and all the stuff I corrected was back. I am thinking all of there polishes are glazes. There waxes last about a mouth and..........They have great cleaner(wheels,bug and tar...).

What line would you recommend ???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product line.

Blackfire, Optimum, Meguiar's, Chemical Guys, Menzerna.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I have herd menzurna is great,I have CG stuff comming in Tuesday , Megs is such a name.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I forgot the USA is a Spanish speaking country .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luv a shine View Post
    NOT!!

HA! Nice try, we shouldn't have to press 1 for anything!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I asked a simple question and everyone ripped on my. I am sorry I didn't win the spelling bee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luv a shine View Post
    Actually, where I live it's Polish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot to learn along the way as far as detailing products are concerned. I personally had tried a bunch of consumer line products first, then I worked with Poorboy's World Products for a few years and tried to learn as much about using Meg's 105 while using the Poorboy's stuff. I read tons of articles by Mike Phillips, went to the Poorboy's World Detailing Weekends to learn as much as I could. Eventually with lots of practice and gained experience I went the the Poorboy's Detailing Weekends and found myself teaching a lot of the newcomers that showed up there.

Finally I started studying Kevin Brown's writings and practicing the tips I found there about using Meg's 105 and Meg's D-151. Once I got through the learning curve of M-105, I have no desire to use anything else. It cuts fast and finishes well, can be had locally from a lot of different suppliers, and finishes pretty clean without a bunch of glaze like fillers.

The results you end up getting will be directly proportional to the effort, thought and practice you put in to what you are doing. Keep testing different products, keep inspecting the true condition of the paint before going to wax or sealant, keep an open mind and don't fear going outside of the box on certain things and you'll find what works best for you in the end.

A lot of folks use IPA or other final inspection types of solvents to reveal the true condition of the paint after doing the correction work. After you get a good feel for a product, certain paint densities and more importantly, you're process of working with your chosen products you'll pretty much know what is happening between the pad and the paint, and you'll know when to stop the machine and go with your chosen LSP. It still doesn't hurt to check your results though.

I think it comes down to how much the customer wants to pay, dictating how much effort and expertise you will want to put into a job. I have different products/processes for different levels of correction and they are all directly related to the amount of money the customer wants to spend, after I have given them my suggestions and informed them of the shortcomings of the cheaper services. So I have a place for a glaze type of compound/polish (for me it's Mothers Machine Glaze using foam pads) MMG can't be beat for the quick turnaround of wholesale work, and using foam pads ensures that unsightly wool pad holograms don't reveal themselves after a few washes. Then I have my customers who want and don't mind paying for the true paint corrections. These cars get the higher priced products and processes.

I hope this helps you out some. Don't get discouraged when someone gives you a hard time on these forums. If I hadn't grown thick skin to the nonsense of some of the people who chose to just offer negativity instead of trying to contribute something, I surely wouldn't have gotten this far. Keep your head up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    There is a lot to learn along the way as far as detailing products are concerned. I personally had tried a bunch of consumer line products first, then I worked with Poorboy's World Products for a few years and tried to learn as much about using Meg's 105 while using the Poorboy's stuff. I read tons of articles by Mike Phillips, went to the Poorboy's World Detailing Weekends to learn as much as I could. Eventually with lots of practice and gained experience I went the the Poorboy's Detailing Weekends and found myself teaching a lot of the newcomers that showed up there.

Finally I started studying Kevin Brown's writings and practicing the tips I found there about using Meg's 105 and Meg's D-151. Once I got through the learning curve of M-105, I have no desire to use anything else. It cuts fast and finishes well, can be had locally from a lot of different suppliers, and finishes pretty clean without a bunch of glaze like fillers.

The results you end up getting will be directly proportional to the effort, thought and practice you put in to what you are doing. Keep testing different products, keep inspecting the true condition of the paint before going to wax or sealant, keep an open mind and don't fear going outside of the box on certain things and you'll find what works best for you in the end.

A lot of folks use IPA or other final inspection types of solvents to reveal the true condition of the paint after doing the correction work. After you get a good feel for a product, certain paint densities and more importantly, you're process of working with your chosen products you'll pretty much know what is happening between the pad and the paint, and you'll know when to stop the machine and go with your chosen LSP. It still doesn't hurt to check your results though.

I think it comes down to how much the customer wants to pay, dictating how much effort and expertise you will want to put into a job. I have different products/processes for different levels of correction and they are all directly related to the amount of money the customer wants to spend, after I have given them my suggestions and informed them of the shortcomings of the cheaper services. So I have a place for a glaze type of compound/polish (for me it's Mothers Machine Glaze using foam pads) MMG can't be beat for the quick turnaround of wholesale work, and using foam pads ensures that unsightly wool pad holograms don't reveal themselves after a few washes. Then I have my customers who want and don't mind paying for the true paint corrections. These cars get the higher priced products and processes.

I hope this helps you out some. Don't get discouraged when someone gives you a hard time on these forums. If I hadn't grown thick skin to the nonsense of some of the people who chose to just offer negativity instead of trying to contribute something, I surely wouldn't have gotten this far. Keep your head up.
    Great post Dave. I thought this was a detailing forum and not an English Grammar forum. It''s always amazed me what people will write on a forum but would not say in person. This forum, and all others, need more people like you. Keep up the good work!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's keep this friendly guys. Bashing other members is not welcome at AGO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast