autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

new member intro

hi everyone....wanted to make my first post and introduce myself.

i'm not a pro by any means but i thought this forum would be a good way to keep up with what's out there and learn from the experts.

i typically use the following steps and products:

wash/dry/Mother's clay/Klasse AIO+HGSG on the paint (all applied by hand). if i feel like it i'll use P21S wax as a finishing touch.
    Lexol cleaner/conditioner/vinylex for the interior
    DP gel wheel cleaner on the wheels

i'm going to be taking the plunge soon and ordering a Porter Cable, plus also looking for some polishing products to use before applying the Klasse (assuming it adds value, which i'm not too clear on). i'll probably also be looking to get more stuff to get my wheels looking better (i've neglected them for a long time and they have nasty embedded brake dust particles and crap)

any feedback is welcome, but i really just wanted to introduce myself. btw, i'm "down the road" from you guys (Ft. Lauderdale area).

Post Thanks / Like
    so, what kind of a car do you have?

as for additional products, pending your paints current condition with swirls and whatnot, you may want to consider another product, Pinnacle's Super Swirl Remover. This product's abrasiveness will be determined by the pad you use, which you can customize for your paint's needs. Perhaps, you may want to also consider a finishing polish before your other sealants/waxes.

some others may want to chime in, but i feel that the lexol products seem very oily and don't clean as well as you would think. unfortunately, i use the same products, so i cant offer any others right now.

thanks for joining the forum, you will love it here. there is so much information at your fingertips.

good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums Egg White. Another Ft. Lauderdaleian here. What color is your ride? I personally love the Pinnacle line. Everything they make is very natural and of the highest quality. Their leather products are outstanding and their vinyl and rubber protectant is awesome as well and of course Souveran is the king of waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome.
    Until you get your PC, Pads, Polishes, you got plenty of good stuff to start IMO. I'd start with the XMT stuff when you're ready to take the plunge.
    To answer your question on wheels I would say that I think the DP Gel Wheel is as good as it gets. That combined with a lot of different brushes (get into nooks and crannies) should get most of the dust. Some guys on here clay their wheels (I haven't so can't say). Then I use DP Wheel Glaze.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys...i appreciate the warm welcome!

it looks like i left out a very important detail - i have a white VW Touareg (hence the name )...also have a jet black e46 BMW.

the condition of the finish on both cars is good but not quite excellent. i haven't detailed in about 5-6 months so the BMW is already showing some swirls and fine scratches.

i'll look into the Pinnacle swirl remover - sounds like exactly what i'm looking for! i've also heard great things about Souveran wax but that would have to come down the road since there's still plenty of uses left in the P21S

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the site your going to love it hear. very noligable poeple hear.ive learned so much and still learning!! and im only 6 monthes old!!
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, i took the plunge and ordered the PC today. i got the combo with the Pinnacle swirl remover/finishing polish - it says that i get 2 extra pads with the combo so hopefully i'm all set for pads. it also said i needed to get a 5" flex backing plate, so i went ahead and ordered that too. to round it all up, i also got some DP wheel cleaner/wheel glaze and an 'ultimate guzzler' MF towel to replace my tired old chamois.

was tempted to get the full Pinnacle combo, but i still have a lot of wax, QD, and Klasse stuff left so i'm going to be patient and use all that up before going crazy again.

so now, i am planning to do the following steps after washing/drying:

clay
    pinnacle SR/FP
    klasse AIO/SG
    wax

does that work? or is it overkill? the paint on my cars are in decent shape, no bad swirling, but i figure that if i got it, i might as well use it!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    ps - do any of you apply the klasse stuff using the PC? or is it better to apply and buff strictly by hand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Here.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast