autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna SW-PROTECT vs Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax

Hi all,

about 2 weeks ago a applied Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax to my car (after a good clay) and then last week I completely detailed my boot using menzerna products PG100, then SF45500 then SW-PROTECT (First time with a DA: great results????).

Anyway, the SW-PROTECT doesn't seem to be doing a very good job beading in the rain... All I can thinkis that I needed to do an IPA wipedown before it, but I've read on here that doing that isn't necessary. The SW_PROTECT is there, and it helps the water sheet, but just doesn't seem to bead...

Here are some pics, meguiars ultimate wax looks like it's doing a great job

(SW-PROTECT first image, Meguiars second image)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Menzerna SW-PROTECT vs Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax-photo-1-jpg   Menzerna SW-PROTECT vs Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax-photo-2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna SW-PROTECT vs Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax

Menzerna makes some of the finest paint correction products available today. These are my go-to polishes because of their performance and flexibility.

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60 is what I'd consider an all-in-one product. It's works well but like most other similar products it's protection doesn't last all that long.

A quality spray car wax is a dedicated product. It's formulated to be applied via a spray bottle and once leveled, dried, and buffed will leave a beautiful shine and more lasting protection.

I'm not a fan of their new product. Menzerna Paint Refresh works but just OK but is somewhat price for what it does.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed! Menzerna rocks. I never have tried there wax tho. I always use the Menzerna power lock sealant. It has that deep gloss look and last!! I've topped it with a wax but did not make much of a difference. When using a sealant let it sit for at least an hour. I typically apply it then work on the inside. Easy on easy off!!! try it you'll prob not use Meg's wax ever again

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Menzerna makes some of the finest paint correction products available today. These are my go-to polishes because of their performance and flexibility.

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60 is what I'd consider an all-in-one product. It's works well but like most other similar products it's protection doesn't last all that long.

A quality spray car wax is a dedicated product. It's formulated to be applied via a spray bottle and once leveled, dried, and buffed will leave a beautiful shine and more lasting protection.

I'm not a fan of their new product. Menzerna Paint Refresh works but just OK but is somewhat price for what it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Some products just don't bead like other products...or in some cases they just don't last like other products. Anyway, that Meg's Ultimate product is one of the hydrophobic ones I think, so that's going to be a beader.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm looking at getting some power lock with my next order

Post Thanks / Like

It's a must IMO