autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Please help

Post Thanks / Like

Please help

A buddy of mine... His neighbor was spraying wasps out of mid air, and the wasp and hornet killer was landing all over the passenger side, hood, and roof of his brand new $40K Ford F150.... he said as soon as he saw what was happening he "put and end to it" and hurried and washed and dried the truck... However he is very worried about the finish of this truck as he has seen wasp killer fade siding before... he said there is no visible damage, but what would you guys think he should do?

I'm thinking about telling him to

Dawn or APC wash
    Clay
    Polish / Wax again.

Please keep in mind this friend does not own a DA and washes and waxes by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help

wash, clay, polish, and wax.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Suggest to him what you and Ryan have suggested, and then maybe offer your services since you have the appropriate tools. Maybe offer to work with him for a small fee or pizza and beer.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ I like that type of thinking Alex... However he lives in NY and i'm down here in SW PA.

Mike Phillips

Wash, inspect for the need to be clayed. Might not need it.

Tell him about the Baggie Test, heck tell him to join the AutogeekOnline.net discussion forum. Can he type?

Perhaps recommend using a simple cleaner/wax, which will clean, polish and protect the finish in one step, you know an AIO.

KISS = Keep it Simple Simon

If he doesn't want to research and find a Pro Detailer, like someone that hangs out on this forum and actually knows what they are doing so they don't hack up his expensive new trucks thin, delicate finish, then encourage him to join the forum, learn how to us a simple DA Polisher and take care of his trucks, thin, delicate finish himself.

Win/Win = helping your friends to helps themselves...

Register with AutogeekOnline.net

Mike Phillips

Here's a tip for the future...

How to write a good title for your thread

When you start a thread you'll need to write a Title for it, this is what everyone is going to see and hopefully >>click<< on in order to read your message. The title will be the words that show up on the Autogeek discussion forum homepage under "Recent Threads".

If you really want to get help on a question then one of the most important things you can do is write a GREAT Title. Take a few extra minutes to choose words that will tell the reader what your thread is about.

Here's an example of a GREAT title,

Need help removing water spots out of my car's paint by hand?

This will get you the best quality replies because it tells our forum members exactly what the topic is about and then our members with expertise on this topic will >>click<< on the link and do their best to answer your questions.

The above title says,
    • What the problem is
    • What you're working on
    • How you're going to apply products

Here's an example of a bad title,

Help!

Is kind of vague, actually it's really vague and it's competing against great titles, so it's not going to help you get the help you're hoping for and need.

Time is always precious, even on a discussion forum, we have a lot of talented and smart people on this forum but the last thing you want to do is make them guess what your topic is about. The last thing you want is for them to skip over your thread as you'll never get the benefit of their experience and wisdom.
    We love it when people trust Autogeek for help, but help us to help you by writing a title for your thread that will tell us what it is you're working on, what the problem is and any other little details that will get you the right people with the right information replying to your questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike... I'll encurage him to join and begin the learning process... I really think he would benefit using a DA, as he has a bad back.

Thanks Again Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duck_commander View Post
    ^^^ I like that type of thinking Alex... However he lives in NY and i'm down here in SW PA.
    Ok so charge him extra ;-)
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I live in NY. But it would be best to learn himself. So then he can do all his detailing at home in his garage!
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Lol... yea Alex - it'd be a good excuse for a road trip!

Thanks Ryan - i'll let him know, but i think you are correct, it's better for him to learn, if he is interested that is.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.