autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Waxing

Post Thanks / Like

Waxing

How many times should I wax my car? I have a Frost White 2008 Nissan Altima. I wax my car every 6 months but I just want to make sure that i'm not doing over what's needed and not doing under. Also I i'm just wondering does "Rim Wax" help in anyway?

Thanks for reading!
    Izzy's Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxing

What wax are you using? Most waxes tend to last anywhere between 3 weeks up to 3 months in my experience. I would start using paint sealants. They last up to 4 months easily and with proper maintenance they can last up to 6+ months.

Rim Wax is just protection for your rims. You can use the same wax or sealant you use on the paint though for the rims. My favorite rim wax is Collinite 845. Brake dust does not build up as quickly and it makes cleaning your rims a lot easier.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on a lot of different factors such as: how often you wash your car, how it is washed (hand vs tunnel), garage kept or not, how often it is driven, the wax you previously used, where you live, the weather, etc.

I wax my cars multiple times per year but that's just because I am always trying out new products. The general rule of thumb is that if water isn't beading uniformly across your paintwork then your wax/sealant is starting to fail and needs to be reapplied.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I am about to use Meguiar's/16 oz. Gold Class liquid wax. I tend to wash my car weekly. This month has been a little busy so I haven't washed it at all but plan on doing it this weekend. I live in humble tx with no trees around my house. ( fairly New neighborhood). I love paste wax but This time I want to try a liquid.
    Izzy's Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I like using either prima wheelguard or PB wheel sealant on my wheels. makes the brake dust come off with just water and they last a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahjones12 View Post
    I am about to use Meguiar's/16 oz. Gold Class liquid wax. I tend to wash my car weekly. This month has been a little busy so I haven't washed it at all but plan on doing it this weekend. I live in humble tx with no trees around my house. ( fairly New neighborhood). I love paste wax but This time I want to try a liquid.
    I picked up some Meguire's Ultimate spray wax. Very easy to use but it does not last very long. If you are a weekly washer then the this stuff will last long enough between washes for sure. I like it because it is so much faster than application and buffing out paste wax. This spray works more like a quick detailer - spray it on, wipe it off.