JUST water. No soap, for I'm guessing 5 years. This I did not know when I accepted the Job to wash and wax his Lincoln Town Car for $100. I don't get many jobs, and I was extremely pleased that someone was willing to offer me $100 from the start with no haggling over price. He is in his 70's.

The car didn't look that bad before I washed it, but washing the horizontal panels almost felt like washing concrete. I rinsed, foamed, then used the boars hair brush, then rinsed, then foamed, then used a microfiber mitt and rubbed hard, really hard, and the roughness on the horizontal panels was barely being reduced. After washing the whole car twice, I washed the horizontal a third time with the mitt. A small improvement. It took me 2 hours or so for the wash. When I clayed, the clay got filthy after only doing 5 square inches and I had to flip it. It took at least 6 hours to clay. This brown grime got on the clay quite quickly and I had to change my clay once, so I used at least 3X as much clay as usual.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE THREAD POST. I was trying the edit the title.

I then waxed with Collinite 915, then applied some 303 to the rubber while the wax cured. Surprisingly, the Collinite wasn't as hard to remove as I thought.

I took some pics, but the befores were taken in the morning while it was overcast.

I spent about 11 hours on the car. I started at 7 am and finished at 6 pm.
I first tried Griots Wheel Cleaner on the wheels, but it wasn't strong enough, so I tried Griots Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner for the first time. It worked a lot better, and got them 90% clean in the nooks and crannies.
The wheels are chrome plated aluminum, and they could have come out better, so I later offered to try to use another wheel cleaner on them and see how it went and then put some wheel sealant on them for $20. He said ok, so I used my Sonax Full Effect because I couldn't find my Poorboys Spray and Rinse. Ugh. The Sonax worked really well, but I use 9 ounces or so. I got the wheels to 98% that way, and sealed with PB Wheel sealant.

I could not believe that anyone would not use car wash soap. If I had any idea how bad it was , I would have had to have asked for more like $165. There was the beginning of clear coat failure on the hood as well, and a dozen areas of really scuffed paint that looked like they had been wetsanded.

I initially told him he might get 4-6 months out of the Collinite 915, but then I realized that the wax would not survive his straight water method, so I told him maybe 2 months that way, but that I wasn't sure, so he then agreed to use a car wash soap his grandson bought.

Maybe I will post pics later.