autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Layering overkill?

I've been reading so much on Klasse AIO. I currently use M205 to polish, seal with Wolfgang 3.0, and top with DP Max Wax Carnauba.

My question is would using Klasse AIO after M205 make my paint any shinier then it is now or would it be a waste of product and time. Will Wolfgang even bond if klasse AIO is below it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Layering overkill?

There is no reason to use an AIO after M205 and before a sealant. If the M205 is used correctly you will get a beautiful shine. Adding the AIO may result in putting defects back into the paint. The AIO may also interfere with bonding of the sealant. So yes, it's a waste of product and time.
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HDDetail View Post
    I've been reading so much on Klasse AIO. I currently use M205 to polish, seal with Wolfgang 3.0, and top with DP Max Wax Carnauba.

My question is would using Klasse AIO after M205 make my paint any shinier then it is now or would it be a waste of product and time. Will Wolfgang even bond if klasse AIO is below it?
    To Autogeek Online!

You ask some great questions!

Klasse AIO is a chemical based product. What I mean by that is it cleans chemically because it contains no abrasives. Klasse AIO does a nice job removing oxidation, embedded grime, stains etc but really doesn't do much for correction.

Meguiar's M205 is one of those tried and trued polishes that removes surface defects even 2000 to 2500 sanding grit. Meguiar's M205 is a true polish that not only cleans but polishes the finish to a gorgeous shine.

Klasse AIO leaves a sealant behind. Wolfgang sealant should have no issues bonding to Klasse AIO..

Since the Klasse Twins were developed to be used together and perhaps you might consider Klasse High Gloss Paint Sealant.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO is a great product but look into PO85RD it will give the results your looking for after M205

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! Ive been purchasing from AG just never posted on the forums.
    I asked about Klasse because like you said, I read that it has non abrasives and from consumer reviews, it "hides" some of the scratches. I was thinking whatever scratches I could not remove after Ultimate Compound & M205, perhaps the Klasse AIO could hide the remaing scratches for a brilliant finish for the Sealant and LSP.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB View Post
    Klasse AIO is a great product but look into PO85RD it will give the results your looking for after M205
    Wouldn't PO85RD replace M205 too??

Sent from my HTC One X using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't PO85RD replace M205 too??

Sent from my HTC One X using AG Online
    Not one bit, M205 has more cut than PO85RD. PO85RD is only meant to be a finishing polish since it hardly has any abrasives in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I often use Klasse AIO after polishing just to make sure I have a good, clean surface for a sealant or wax.

It cleans off any polishing oils and works well with any sealant/wax I know of. The other option is to do an IPA or Eraser wipedown...or perhaps use a cleaner/glaze like EZ Creme or Amigo among others.

It's all good.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting... Also, is an orange CSS LC pad too much for the M205 or should I use a white CSS LC pad? It appears the gray pad i have should be combined with PO85RD or Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting... Also, is an orange CSS LC pad too much for the M205 or should I use a white CSS LC pad? It appears the gray pad i have should be combined with PO85RD or Klasse.
    Yes you are correct. Use white for M205 and gray for PO85RD and Klasse. An orange pad wouldnt hurt with M205 if your dealing a car with hard clear coat but if it has soft than you will more than likely have micro marring that will need to be corrected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast