autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie needing help on new car with swirls

Hi,

I am newbie on the forum and have read many threads that to tell you the truth I have information saturation!

I have a three month old MBZ Black (paint code 040) non ceramiclear from what I can tell.

I've been using the two bucket and MF for washing and drying the car to avoid swirls but apparently the car came with swirls from the dealership.

In any event, I need help identifying the right process and products to use in order to remove the swirls from my car.

The swirls look like spider webs for the most part. From what I've read I need to follow the following process but I need your experience and expertise to validate it and to get product recommendations:

Wash
    Clay
    Swirl Remover
    Finishing Polish
    Glaze
    Seal
    Wax

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie needing help on new car with swirls

To Autogeek Online!

Identifying a pad and product combination that works takes some experimenting.

Start off with a polish then if a more aggressive approach seems to make sense then move on it. Always start off less aggressive initially then more aggressive if the situation dictates.

If you're looking for some products these work very well.....

Wash - Duragloss #901
    Clay - Meguiar’s Clay
    Compound - PG 1000 – PowerGloss Compound (POS34A)
    Polish - PF 2500 – Power Finish Polish (PO203)
    Finishing Polish - SF 4000 – Super Finish Polish (PO106FA)
    Sealant -Four Star Sealant
    Wax - Dodo Juice Supernatural

Pads

Orange Light Cutting Foam - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

White Polishing Foam - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so it’s perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Green Polishing/Finishing Foam - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.

Gray Finishing Foam Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.

Blue Finessing Foam – Pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie needing help on new car with swirls

Thank you for the information, can you please verify my pad selection and understanding:

For polishing use:Orange Light Cutting Foam
    For finishing polish use:Gray Finishing Foam Pad
    For sealent use:Blue Finessing Foam
    For wax use:Blue Finessing Foam

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    To Autogeek Online!

Identifying a pad and product combination that works takes some experimenting.

Start off with a polish then if a more aggressive approach seems to make sense then move on it. Always start off less aggressive initially then more aggressive if the situation dictates.

If you're looking for some products these work very well.....

Wash - Duragloss #901
    Clay - Meguiar’s Clay
    Compound - PG 1000 – PowerGloss Compound (POS34A)
    Polish - PF 2500 – Power Finish Polish (PO203)
    Finishing Polish - SF 4000 – Super Finish Polish (PO106FA)
    Sealant -Four Star Sealant
    Wax - Dodo Juice Supernatural

Pads

Orange Light Cutting Foam - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

White Polishing Foam - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so it’s perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Green Polishing/Finishing Foam - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.

Gray Finishing Foam Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.

Blue Finessing Foam – Pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user.