autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekend Morning THERAPY....

People think I'm a fool for setting my alarm clock EVEN earlier than I do during the week. LOL. I'm at the gym by 5:45 usually... but today, I set the alarm for 5 am. Got up. Had quick breakfast. Got ready. Then proceeded with my car wash routine of setting all my equipment up, then pulling Marilyn out of the garage.

I tell you what... to me, there is NOTHING else I'd rather do on a Saturday morning that relaxes me more than this. Wife and kids are fast asleep. Silence. Peace. I start Marilyn up, I hear her Shelby's roar to life against the serenity of the morning calm. I hear birds chirp. The sun is out, but it's not warm enough to cause discomfort, or heat up the paint too much that you can't wash it. Ahhhhh just perfect. I turn on the tunes, and I'm off. Before I know it, 2 hours have gone by... Alas, it's back to my normal life of crying babies and poopy diapers At least it was a calm 2 hours before the storm... hehe.

How many of you also do this on the weekend mornings??? Do you all find it very relaxing and therapeutic as well? Share your stories

Here's some pics, all unedited. Also wanted to showcase my swirl free Kona Blue metallic paint. In all honesty, this paint color is my all time favorite. Absolutely adore it.

These photos were all after just a simple wash, and before I put a coat of Fuzion on. I wasn't able to get pics since the kids were calling.
    2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Kona Blue Christened name: MARILYN
    2012 Acura TSX S.E. - Silver Moon Christened name: TORI
    2013 Toyota Prius V - Blue Ribbon Metallic Christened name: PORTIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekend Morning THERAPY....

Detailing for me is a great way to relieve stress and do something that's enjoyable. Spending quality time with my car or truck gives me an opportunity to improve it's appearance and work with my hands and eyes...

Many don't understand, but that's OK because I do!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I am exactly the same as you. Can't think of anything better than cleaning my car on the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Detailing for me is a great way to relieve stress and do something that's enjoyable. Spending quality time with my car or truck gives me an opportunity to improve it's appearance and work with my hands and eyes...

Many don't understand, but that's OK because I do!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTY3 View Post
    I am exactly the same as you. Can't think of anything better than cleaning my car on the weekends.
    Thank you. It's nice to know I am not alone. Normal folks just won't understand this.

Some people golf, some gamble, some get engrossed in a book, some ride a motorcycle, some go fishing, camping, etc....

well...... I DETAIL.

lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Sportscarhiatus Your the one that introduced me to Blacklight,after seeing your pictures I had to try it for myself. Thanks for the tips. Sorry pics are not very good
    Blacklight and V7 combo on AMG

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%, love that blue on the Mustang, paint quality has really come a loooooooong way, hasn't it! Although detailing the car is awesome, how about when your all done, enough time has passed where all the water has dried up EVERYWHERE on/in the car and you take that Stang out and about, that's the next "what its all about" IMO, especially when you drive pass large, store front windows or even better, polished SS tanker trucks or flatbed tow trucks that have polished SS boxes on the side......WINDOW SHOPPING AT ITS VERY, VERY BEST!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Sportscarhiatus Your the one that introduced me to Blacklight,after seeing your pictures I had to try it for myself. Thanks for the tips. Sorry pics are not very good
    Blacklight and V7 combo on AMG
    Anytime man. I replied to your thread. You are WAY too modest. Great photos. Great car (sexy Amg). And great combo of blacklight and v7. You have that thing glistening.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I'm beginning to think I have a problem as I am applying a coat of Blacklight and V7 every week (I'll blame you for that). If it rains I take my fiance car instead as I don't want to take my car out and undo all my good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I'm beginning to think I have a problem as I am applying a coat of Blacklight and V7 every week (I'll blame you for that). If it rains I take my fiance car instead as I don't want to take my car out and undo all my good work.
    Applying something to your paints finish once a week, I see nothing wrong with that
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the same as you. Love getting up early on Saturday to wash my car. Get about an hour of silence before my daughter gets up and wants breakfast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast