autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bird poop

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bird poop

Good morning fellow bead heads,
    I am a newbie and this is my first post. So naturally I'm going to ask about bird poop.
    Yesterday I noticed some on the hood of my wifes 3 month old black Nissan Rogue. She told me it had been there for "a couple of days". I attempted to remove it with some QD. It was as hard as concrete, but after several attempts I managed to remove it to the point where what remains can best be described as a bird poop thumb print. I hope this isn't the start of some sort of etching. My question is what are my options for removing it? I have in my arsenal a PC, M105, M205, Ultimate Compound, and Utimate Polish, and a decent selection of both LC and Meguiars pads. Short of using these tools is there anything less drastic that might work?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bird poop

You might want to start with the least aggressive product and pad first.

Yesterday morning i woke up and was running late for work, when i went to leave i noticed a flock of birds left morning bombs on my car... some of the bombs actually surprised me as to how large they were... LOL... i know.... disturbing!

well i couldn't take care of it before work, so it had to stay on my paint all day long until i got home from the gym 14 hours later... instead of attempting the QD and MF trick, i decided to pull the house out of the garage hit the bombs with water, then sprayed a mixture of OPC and water on the bombs and let it dwell for a few minutes and sprayed down with water really well... all the bombs were removed and i did not even have to touch the paint with anything...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wipersup View Post
    Good morning fellow bead heads,
    I am a newbie and this is my first post. So naturally I'm going to ask about bird poop.
    Yesterday I noticed some on the hood of my wifes 3 month old black Nissan Rogue. She told me it had been there for "a couple of days". I attempted to remove it with some QD. It was as hard as concrete, but after several attempts I managed to remove it to the point where what remains can best be described as a bird poop thumb print. I hope this isn't the start of some sort of etching. My question is what are my options for removing it? I have in my arsenal a PC, M105, M205, Ultimate Compound, and Utimate Polish, and a decent selection of both LC and Meguiars pads. Short of using these tools is there anything less drastic that might work?
    I would also clay the spot first before polishing.
    2017 Shelby GT350, 2017 Dodge Charger Scat Pack, 2016 Focus RS.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duck_commander View Post
    You might want to start with the least aggressive product and pad first.

Yesterday morning i woke up and was running late for work, when i went to leave i noticed a flock of birds left morning bombs on my car... some of the bombs actually surprised me as to how large they were... LOL... i know.... disturbing!

well i couldn't take care of it before work, so it had to stay on my paint all day long until i got home from the gym 14 hours later... instead of attempting the QD and MF trick, i decided to pull the house out of the garage hit the bombs with water, then sprayed a mixture of OPC and water on the bombs and let it dwell for a few minutes and sprayed down with water really well... all the bombs were removed and i did not even have to touch the paint with anything...
    Thanks for the advice. Like I said I'm a newbie so I need to ask, what does OPC mean? Also, where I grew up (Brooklyn), MF can mean only one thing. Please tell me what it means in the world of detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL... You are welcome... don't worry i'm not calling you a mutha!....

MF -> MicroFiber Car Care Microfiber Towels, Microfiber dusters and microfiber Detailing tools

OPC -> Optimum Power Clean Optimum Power Clean™ All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz. Refill New & Improved!

OPC is an APC (All Purpose Cleaner)

Post Thanks / Like

I've also had good luck following up the quick detailer with Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion to remove any etching/staining left behind by the gift of poop.
    2008 Volkswagen GLI, Deep Black

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what the bird was eating. It can be very caustic. Least aggressive method first.