autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions/Feedback on CG Products

I am thinking of trying a few products from them, as well as some of their MF towels. I am really excited about trying the Glosswerkz glaze. My question on that is, on my white car, what should I use for a durable LSP? I have 845, which I will probably use, but any other suggestions?

Also...any other products I MUST try from them? V7 comes to mind, but any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions/Feedback on CG Products

Honestly on white it's more about technique than products IMO. I use several CG products but on my white vehicles I use DuraGloss 501/601 and105/601 exclusively.
    CG glazes work great again IMO, for the interim no polish just reseal/rewax jobs. I use EZ Creme a lot but once I am out I will try the Glossworkz version.

Pete's 53 and Hardcore XXX are nice waxes at that price point.
    I use Barebones, their window cleaner the basic one and stripper scent; use all those almost every job.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a detailing shop and almost exclusively use Chemical Guys products. I like most all of their products that I have tried. The VRP dressing is great on interior surfaces and exterior trim, the XXX wax leaves a really good finish and seems to last well. The Jetseal seems to work well I usually use two coats and so far I had good luck with durability, which I've read on here is not too good but so far I've had good success with it. The Blacklight is really good and I get nothing but good reviews from it. V7 is one of the best products that they offer. There All in One cleaner wax works great and I like it almost as good as Blackfire for the AIO. All their car wash products seem to work well and go a long way. I have a lot of the microfiber and they all seem to be top of the line they work great and I've no problems with any of them. Innerclean is great on interiors. Metal shine works really well. Ultra Fine polish is great with a really nice finish, very slick and great shine. Bare Bones works well but I usually have to wipe it down to keep it from looking really shiny. All the car scents are good and last about as long as other car scents. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    To me it's hard to take CG seriously reading their product descriptions on their website. It seems as though they have many products that do similar things. However, I haven't tried many of their products. I can tell you their Citrus Wash and Glow soap is just awesome and amazingly concentrated. I'm thinking of trying Pete's 53.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using the DG combo now and like it, though I want to think about a good glaze, as this is a DD and keeping it 100% is a challenge, thus the look toward Glozzwerkz.

I think I might try the glaze, top with 845, and hit it with V7.