autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray wax after washing?

Hello all,

Just wondering if ive got collite 845 on the car but wondering if it's fine to use a spray wax after I wash it to help keep it protected?

Someone told me it's bad to do it as you're putting wax on top of contaminated paint.

Also does duragloss 901 is fine to use in a foam cannon? I'm not sure if it has good cleaning ability or strip's lsp.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray wax after washing?

A lot of people use spray waxes as drying aids. Eventually the car has to be re-clayed and polished anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sshazam View Post
    Someone told me it's bad to do it as you're putting wax on top of contaminated paint.

If your wax protection is any good your paint shouldn't be contaminated, especially after washing the vehicle. However, keep in mind that by putting spray wax on top of it you run the chance of turning your lsp into the topper. Some may disagree with that but from my experience that's what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I regularly use Megs d156 after my washes. No problems or adverse affects and really helps with beading.

Post Thanks / Like

•Your vehicle's been washed?
    -Then...go right ahead and spray
    some Wax on it, if you so desire.

•The only thing that might be affected
    is Collinite #845's innate characteristics.
    -Keep an eye on it; and see if you
    notice any ensuing changes that are
    not to your liking.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If your wax protection is any good your paint shouldn't be contaminated, especially after washing the vehicle. However, keep in mind that by putting spray wax on top of it you run the chance of turning your lsp into the topper. Some may disagree with that but from my experience that's what happens.
    Yeah it was just since I do a full detail every few weeks I was going to use Duragloss aqua wax after every wash. Wasn't sure if it was useful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •Your vehicle's been washed?
    -Then...go right ahead and spray
    some Wax on it, if you so desire.

•The only thing that might be affected
    is Collinite #845's innate characteristics.
    -Keep an eye on it; and see if you
    notice any ensuing changes that are
    not to your liking.
    Bob
    Do you know what I should be looking out for?

Can I use spray wax on glass? I want to use it on my panoramic sunroof to keep the black part glossy.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sshazam View Post
    Do you know what I should be looking out for?

Diminished/change in beading would be the 1st visual sign. Most spray waxes bead tremendously just after applying them, but if they're put through as little as 1 week of rough weather/and the vehicle becomes really dirty, you might not see the same fierce beading when you begin rinsing your vehicle prior to washing it.

Whereas with a quality wax/sealant, such as your Colonite, you'd probably notice the same fierce beading as soon as you put the hose to it because it's layer of protection remains strong, durable and capable of surviving harsh weather.

Also, due to the spray waxes lack of longevity, you might find yourself needing to clay more often/alot sooner than you would have by sticking to your quality protection alone.

Since you say you do a full detail on your car every few weeks, you may be able to overlook any possible drawbacks, especially if the spray wax enhances the look of your finish.

As far as using spray wax on your exterior windows and trim, yes it works great for that. Especially the parts surrounding the windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Diminished/change in beading would be the 1st visual sign. Most spray waxes bead tremendously just after applying them, but if they're put through as little as 1 week of rough weather/and the vehicle becomes really dirty, you might not see the same fierce beading when you begin rinsing your vehicle prior to washing it.

Whereas with a quality wax/sealant, such as your Colonite, you'd probably notice the same fierce beading as soon as you put the hose to it because it's layer of protection remains strong, durable and capable of surviving harsh weather.

Also, due to the spray waxes lack of longevity, you might find yourself needing to clay more often/alot sooner than you would have by sticking to your quality protection alone.

Since you say you do a full detail on your car every few weeks, you may be able to overlook any possible drawbacks, especially if the spray wax enhances the look of your finish.

As far as using spray wax on your exterior windows and trim, yes it works great for that. Especially the parts surrounding the windows.
    Generally I wash every 2 - 3 weeks (weather here sucks). So I thought a spray wax in between will protect more but looks like it isn't worth it.

Weirdly enough I find the beading really tight and great first few weeks but after that or a couple of washes the beading is fairly normal.

Thank you heaps for your advice !

Post Thanks / Like

Spray wax after washing?

How many washes do you normally do in between your full detail which includes a full wax? If you go more than 3-4 bucket washes then it might be worth it to spray wax it after that 3rd or 4th wash, seeing how the beading from you lsp is a bit diminished on its own by then.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a spray wax every time after a wash, and Ive had no problems at all. it beads like crazy! I have PL and collinite on my car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast