autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A week in the life of a Southern California mobile Auto Detailer!

I am blessed to be in a profession that I absolutely adore!! I am an 11th grade drop out. I did join the Marines but really didn't do anything with it. I wasted my GI Bill money, etc...

I remember my first year detailing and thinking what a loser I'm going to be ... but God had different plans!!

Fast forward 22 years (This month makes 20 years I have been at this full time!!!) and I'm having a blast!!! These awesome cars keep coming across my path which I am happy to shine! I get to meet the coolest people. I rub elbows with the most talented detailers from across the country! Shining Air Force One, WWII Bombers, presenting at Detailfest, detailing for Hollywood Celebrities, etc......!!!

So what does the next 22 year have in-store for Superior Shine?? Only the Lord know! One thing for sure, I can hardly wait!

Here is a short video of the vehicles we did in a week last April.

1- Monday, all the vehicles except for the Corvette were wash and waxes for repeat clients. The vette was a full detail.
    2- Tuesday, The RV was a new client. It was bad and took us all day to polish.
    3- Wednesday, The Boo-gie! Waaay early start. Our job was to shine it then shadow it the rest of the day to keep it clean for a photo shoot. We ended up washing it two more times and wiped it down maybe a million times. I put 220 miles on my detail rig that day!
    4- Thursday, Long time regular client. We detailed his cars and a few other at his office.
    5- Friday, Another regular client with wash and waxes and two details. The Lexus RX was a full detail for a new customer.
    6- Saturday, Another repeat client. This was our 3rd time to his house.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA4c4Ml2DbE&feature=colike]A week with Superior Shine Auto Detailing! - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A week in the life of a Southern California mobile Auto Detailer!

Nice video Joe! I always enjoy watching them
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awesome! Great work! How does one shine air force one and not be nervous is what I want to know?? hahaha
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Thats awesome! Great work! How does one shine air force one and not be nervous is what I want to know?? hahaha
    Who says I wasn't nervous!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Superior Shine View Post
    Who says I wasn't nervous!!

Hahah! Awesome, so did you have to go through some super special secret service background check?
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: A week in the life of a Southern California mobile Auto Detailer!

Great video, very nice business you have built up there, in what I imagine is a very competitive market. Thank you for giving God the proper recognition in your success, that plus your very hard work and dedication. I see from the videos that you do what it takes to make the client happy, and you start early and end late. Even after 20 years, it's not a 5 day a week, 40 hour workweek.

Do you carry a portable canopy with you? I thought I saw one setup in many of your jobs. Very nice variety of cars you get to work with on a weekly basis, I can see that you do love your job!

Do you have any family members working with you?

Thank you Sir for your service to our country, and God bless you for that.

Thanks so much for sharing, Spiney-Dave
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Who are some of the celebrities cars you've worked on? I think if you landed somebody like Jay Leno as a client you could pretty much just do that...hah.

Mike Phillips

I've known Joe ever since I moved to California from Oregon to work for Meguiar's when he joined the MOL forum and then helped me with some of our project cars. We've got to know each other over the years and I'm always glad to call him a friend.

Besides being talented at detailing cars and working with people he always conducts himself in a professional manner both in the real world and in the forum world.

I for one appreciate his professional character and willingness to help others.

Thanks for sharing Joe and thank you for your service to our country.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic Video Joe! Thanks for sharing
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Mike you are one of the reasons I am where I am today. Thank you for your friendship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast