autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultima interior shampoo gel

So I am doing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima interior shampoo gel

So I am doing a detail on a ram 1500 with leather. The seats were pretty bad. So I am doing the interior with Meg's APC at 4 to 1 and the plastic is coming out good but the seats were looking spotty and was taking a long time to get clean. So I decide to try UISG. All I can say is wow!

What a great job it did on the seats and it left them feeling nice and soft not sticky like APC.

I them decided to try several different dressings : Megs Vinyl 40, Megs WBD, Mothers VLR, Aerospace 303 and Megs QID. The interior plastics were very dry and neglected. Believe or not Megs WBD at 3 to 1 gave the interior plastics a very nice dark sheen it also did great on the leather. After application I went over the interior with a clean mf for a final buff.

I was very impressed with UISG. Are there other interior shampoos or gels better and less expensive then UISG ?

I will def. continue to use it but curious if others have compared it to other products side by side and if there are better interior cleaners?

Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to my knowledge as far as to other interior shampoo gels. Your right all you can say it wow. The stuff is great. I wish they sold it by the gallon or even 5 it's that good.

Post Thanks / Like

Can the UISG be used on all interior surfaces? Do most of you guys top this? Was thinking of trying this stuff and topping with 303. Anybody use that combine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you can pretty much use it on all vinyl, plastics, or leather. I wouldn't use it on alcantra. You can top it with whatever Interior dressing and be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Eraser with just a spritz of water on the sponge does wonders for hard to get spots out of leather. I have never had a problem using one. After that, just use the conditioner of choice. Of course, that is just my preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    I was very impressed with UISG. Are there other interior shampoos or gels better and less expensive then UISG ?

I will def. continue to use it but curious if others have compared it to other products side by side and if there are better interior cleaners?
    I agree Ultima products work very well but they can be quite expensive to use.

Have you tried Sonus All In One APC? It is made by same company as Ultima and sold in Concentrate and can be diluted to 1:30 for general cleaning. Sonus APC can also be used on carpet, exterior degreasing and remove bug and tar.

Here are some videos about Sonus on Youtube:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blokMz033Og]Sonus All In One from Premium Finish Care - YouTube[/video]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whYkILN9j3E]Sonus All-In-One Interior Cleaning & Carpet Spot Removal - YouTube[/video]

I use it myself and I would recommend this product to others.
    Exotic Auto Detail trade review / feedback:
    Think twice if you're going to trade with ExoticAutoDetai.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    Yeah you can pretty much use it on all vinyl, plastics, or leather. I wouldn't use it on alcantra. You can top it with whatever Interior dressing and be fine.
    ^^^agree

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Magic Eraser with just a spritz of water on the sponge does wonders for hard to get spots out of leather. I have never had a problem using one. After that, just use the conditioner of choice. Of course, that is just my preference.
    Great idea, but is magic eraser too aggressive for leather? Ever have any problems damaging a seat?

Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    I agree Ultima products work very well but they can be quite expensive to use.

Have you tried Sonus All In One APC? It is made by same company as Ultima and sold in Concentrate and can be diluted to 1:30 for general cleaning. Sonus APC can also be used on carpet, exterior degreasing and remove bug and tar.

Here are some videos about Sonus on Youtube:
    Sonus All In One from Premium Finish Care - YouTube
    Sonus All-In-One Interior Cleaning & Carpet Spot Removal - YouTube

I use it myself and I would recommend this product to others.
    How does Sonus compare to Megs APC+ at 10 to 1? I usually Megs APC+ 10 to 1, but UISG did a better job and left the seats feeling soft and supple. I also heard good things about OPC at 3 to 1.

I am happy with Megs APC+ but it leaves the interior sticky where as UISG leaves a great soft natrually fresh feeling; no pun intended...............lol

Post Thanks / Like

The only interior product I like better than UISG is Optimum Power Clean.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast